Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There is a strong feeling that the Cardinals will be looking to trade Anquan Boldin after the season. I find the thought of him coming to New England rather interesting. It occurs to me that he might make a good fit while Welker is recovering and Edelman is developing.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

Re: Anquan Boldin ?

There is a strong feeling that the Cardinals will be looking to trade Anquan Boldin after the season. I find the thought of him coming to New England rather interesting. It occurs to me that he might make a good fit while Welker is recovering and Edelman is developing.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

With the Welker situation being the way it is getting a guy like him would be a great idea. It would give Welker more time to heal and in the mean time our production will not fall on O. Having him and Moss would be deadly add Welker later in the season with Edelman here and there and we're set.I feel an acquisition at the WR position is crucial. It hurts looking at who we have beyond Moss and Endelman.

With all of that said I dont think BB will do it. I on the other hand would trade for him in a heartbeat.

Potentially interesting idea but it's going to be a lot of $$$$$ to shell out.

I'd take him as long as there's no cap. With a cap, he's probably going to take up too much of it considering how injury prone he is.

I think it would be a great fit.

Re: Anquan Boldin ?

With the Welker situation being the way it is getting a guy like him would be a great idea. It would give Welker more time to heal and in the mean time our production will not fall on O. Having him and Moss would be deadly add Welker later in the season with Edelman here and there and we're set.I feel an acquisition at the WR position is crucial. It hurts looking at who we have beyond Moss and Endelman.

With all of that said I dont think BB will do it. I on the other hand would trade for him in a heartbeat.

Boldin complains about not getting the ball. Thats a problem. To his credit, Moss set aside his demands for the rock. If Boldin can do that, great. The other issue is salary. He wants a ton. Pats won't pay a ton. Last issue is injury history. I know high ankle sprains aren't the end of the world but hes had knee issues too. He'll also be 30 in Oct of 2010.....

My take: He wont come here.

First, I don't think the cap has as much effect as everyone thinks. The restrictive rules on free agents might be more important. In any case, I don't think Kraft is going to spend any more because there is no cap. Perhaps he will spend some of the money saved by not being forced to help other teams, perhaps not.

With regard to Boldin, I would trade for him in a heartbeat if he were available. And also Jackson, Ochocinco and a dozen others. That doesn't mean that any of these players are really avialable at a reasonable cost.

Although you could look at it this way: with Welker out, there could be a lot more playing time for developing younger WRs i.e. Edelman or a rook.

Yes, with Welker out, we have the opportunity for to play with a much weaker lineup. Edelman is our #3 receiver. Aiken or a rook or Stanback or Tate is our #4. That is weak enough. So who is #2? Is it really a good idea not to have one?

QUOTE=Schmo;1680566]Although you could look at it this way: with Welker out, there could be a lot more playing time for developing younger WRs i.e. Edelman or a rook.[/QUOTE]

My Dolphin friend says Miami is already to be a major player in getting him.
My friend knows guys inside the organization for whatever it's worth.

My Dolphin friend says Miami is already to be a major player in getting him.
My friend knows guys inside the organization for whatever it's worth.

100% true. He is also a Florida native and was a Dolphin fan growing up. They want him as there #1 receiver

Doesn't he want to go to Miami? I see Miami, Jacksonville or Chicago making a push for him.

he is a great player but he will never be a pat they wont give up a first round pick for him cause thats the only why AZ will give him up maybe the bears make a run at him but i don't think so

there will be a lot of good FA.. WR next year so there will be no reason to trade for one

He is going to cost a lot in trade and then in long term $. I'm not sure at this point it is a good long term investment.

He's taken a lot of hits in his career and over the last couple years he has been hurt a lot. He hits 30 next year and his body might be breaking down.

Draft a WR in the draft. I hear the WR class for the upcoming draft is looking really strong. Boldin is going to cost too much.

If the Colts can lose Anthony Gonzalez and turn guys like Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie into playmakers I don't see why we need to hire superstars, we need a better line so that Brady has time to throw and not get the hell beaten out of him, broken ribs and a jacked shoulder don't do much for a QB's performance, and we need to get and keep an OC who is smart and creative enough to use our players effectively. Manning has had the same OC his entire NFL career, this has had a lot to do with his success.

Stanback and Edelman use to be QBs but do we ever have unpredictable plays where they throw the ball? We've become plain vanilla and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes