Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you sign Anquan Boldin to this deal?

• Yes

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
3 yrs/17.5 mil 7.5 signing bonus. You could obviously play around with the cap hits, but figure a '14 cap hit of 3.5-4.5.

This is the same deal that Reggie Wayne got from the Colts after the 2012 season. He was 33, which is the same age as Boldin now. Wayne at 33 was a better WR then Boldin is at 33. But I think Wayne took a hometown discount I think the Pats would have to pay a bit more to possibly keep him away from SF.

So would you do it? If not, why? To much yearly $? 3 years to long?

I think he would be perfect for the Pats. Could really see him producing with Brady. Plus the young WRs could really learn from his experience.

He's not going to be that expensive.

WR1: Dobson
WR2: Boldin
slot WR: Amendola
depth: Thompkins/Boyce

That's been my desired WR trio since the season ended. Boldin is a beast has showed no signs of slowing down. He's a borderline WR1 and most of all, the WR you want come playoff time.

If BB feels he can continue to play at a high level for 2 more years, I'd do that deal.

We should have signed him when he left the Ravens

dude is a beast

dude is a beast

The Harbaugh brothers made a trade.

There was no signing the dude.:rolleyes:

Won't come here because he hates the pats.

I would absolutely do that deal. He should have been signed prior to the 2009 season but it's better late than never.

I've heard this before. Did he say this in an interview or something?

This thread is the first I've heard of it, and I have frequented this board for more time than a lot of other people. Just Googled both "Anquan Boldin hates Patriots", and "Anquan Boldin dislikes Patriots", and didn't see anything definitive.

Boldin, Dobson, Gronk, and ASJ would be absolutely LETHAL in the red zone. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Wait. I just found, the "A Football Life" episode on NFLN at 7 tonight will be Warren Sapp. This clearly does not deserve it's own thread.

Has the NFL now run out of players worthy of the program?

Boldin is a baller. I would give serious consideration to that deal.

3 yrs/17.5 mil 7.5 signing bonus. You could obviously play around with the cap hits, but figure a '14 cap hit of 3.5-4.5.

This is the same deal that Reggie Wayne got from the Colts after the 2012 season. He was 33, which is the same age as Boldin now. Wayne at 33 was a better WR then Boldin is at 33. But I think Wayne took a hometown discount I think the Pats would have to pay a bit more to possibly keep him away from SF.

So would you do it? If not, why? To much yearly $? 3 years to long?

I think he would be perfect for the Pats. Could really see him producing with Brady. Plus the young WRs could really learn from his experience.

Boldin will turn 34 years old within the first 4 weeks of next season; I honestly would like this team to build an offense that is sustainable in terms of personnel for the remainder of Brady’s career.

This is the main problem...SF is not going to let him go anywhere, and from the looks of Boldin's twitter account, it doesn't appear that he wants to go anywhere either.

Both Boldin AND HC Harbaugh have stated that the feeling is highly mutual that they want him to remain in SF.

For the record, I'm not as sure that I'd do a deal like that for the next 3 years, but I definitely would over 2. We offered Reggie Wayne something quite similar and that was 2 years ago in free agency. I'm not as sure that Belichick would be too quick to pull the trigger 2 years later, despite Boldin's obvious talent.

Yes, he said he would retire before coming to the pats. I don't have a link.

I think he said that he'd rather retire last offseason than go anywhere outside of Baltimore. I don't remember the Pats specifically being targeted, but I could be wrong.

Of course, as we know, he didn't hold true on his threats to retire anyway, so the point is moot.

dude is a beast

I'm sure the Pats could have gotten Boldin for a first and a second round pick if Ozzie Newsome was being generous.

In what universe does anyone think the Ravens, who thought they were legitimate Super Bowl contenders this time last year after winning the Super Bowl, would have given the Pats a weapon to make them stronger Super Bowl competitors for next to nothing. The Pats literally probably would have had to given up a first round pick to get Boldin.

I'll take him on that deal but, for 2 years with almost same yearly averages as the original proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back