Anquan Boldin to retire if released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
so, you're saying they wouldn't cut him to keep him from retiring.....?

idk, doesn't really make any sense. Yeah pretty much scratch what I said. Just seems bizarre a top player would retire.

I'd be surprised if he retires, but I don't listen to anything these guys say to the press.
either they get caught off guard and you get some emotional reply, or it's just straight bs posturing for a new deal.
maybe he thinks teams will throw more money at him to talk him out of retirement.

I was scratching my head wondering the same thing.

I mean, if the Ravens cut him that means they don't want him. Why would they care if he retires after that?

If he doesn't get picked up by the 49ers, Seahawks, or Patriots, I expect him to retire.

I'd be surprised if he retires, but I don't listen to anything these guys say to the press.
either they get caught off guard and you get some emotional reply, or it's just straight bs posturing for a new deal.
maybe he thinks teams will throw more money at him to talk him out of retirement.

That sounds plausible. Who knows though.

I thought this thread was about Brandon Boldin before I opened it. I was like WTF?? :p

Met Boldin's cousin today, Clint CJ Jones. Turns out he was a practice squader for NE in '07-'08. Told me he grew up across the street from Big Vince and was on the same HS team.

Met Boldin's cousin today, Clint CJ Jones. Turns out he was a practice squader for NE in '07-'08. Told me he grew up across the street from Big Vince and was on the same HS team.

I remember that dude. Wasn't he a preseason stud?

Funk that. :nono:

To slightly paraphrase The Immortal Words of Hose Manning ~ the only Manning QB who didn't suck :D ~ in reference of course to Billy Clyde Puckett, Stud Hoss:

"I'll let'm know when he's (re)tired."

He was part of about the funniest sports radio interview ever on WEEI along with Vince. He was basically vouching for Vince playing every position on a football team back in high school, while the interviewers were doubting and Vince responding indignantly that they would question it.

CJ was playing it perfectly straight faced, talking about Vince running back kicks, playing RB, QB it was just tremendous. I wish there was a copy saved, I was rolling on the floor.

I'm really baffled about the obsession with Boldin.

He hates the Patriots. The Patriots hate Boldin. He would not sign here, and I'm sure most of players would hate him being here.

He is old and would be way overpriced. With that money I'd rather just get Welker for a little more money.

He was part of about the funniest sports radio interview ever on WEEI along with Vince. He was basically vouching for Vince playing every position on a football team back in high school, while the interviewers were doubting and Vince responding indignantly that they would question it.

CJ was playing it perfectly straight faced, talking about Vince running back kicks, playing RB, QB it was just tremendous. I wish there was a copy saved, I was rolling on the floor.

There's no limit to how much I'd pay to see Vince Wilfork QuarterBack the Pistol Read Option. :D

He hates the Patriots. The Patriots hate Boldin. He would not sign here, and I'm sure most of players would hate him being here.

I dont know what you're basing this on, players talk smack about their opposition and always praise the hell out of their new team, even if it's one they talked smack about before.

He is old and would be way overpriced. With that money I'd rather just get Welker for a little more money.

I'm a lot more concerned with what he can do on the field than his age, Reggie Wayne tore it up this past season and he's 34, Austin Collie is pretty much broken and he's only 27. While age might correlate with performance it doesnt cause it, tell me what someone can do, not their age.

That said, he's still plenty effective. He's one of the most sure-handed receivers in the league and he's very physical, I'd definitely prefer him over Welker.

I dont know what you're basing this on, players talk smack about their opposition and always praise the hell out of their new team, even if it's one they talked smack about before.

I'm a lot more concerned with what he can do on the field than his age, Reggie Wayne tore it up this past season and he's 34, Austin Collie is pretty much broken and he's only 27. While age might correlate with performance it doesnt cause it, tell me what someone can do, not their age.

That said, he's still plenty effective. He's one of the most sure-handed receivers in the league and he's very physical, I'd definitely prefer him over Welker.
Austin Collie is broken because he played the slot for Peyton.

Wayne is going strong because his game isn't predicated on speed or elite athleticism. It's about finding creases in coverage and being an elite route runner.

Yes because the whole notion of "he's going well now, so he's going to be great the entire contract" isn't complete fallacy or anything. That's the same kind of logic that would have had us resign Seymour and lost Wilfork.

Welker is a much better receiver than Boldin. It's not a contest.

Austin Collie is broken because he played the slot for Peyton.

Wayne is going strong because his game isn't predicated on speed or elite athleticism. It's about finding creases in coverage and being an elite route runner.

Yes because the whole notion of "he's going well now, so he's going to be great the entire contract" isn't complete fallacy or anything. That's the same kind of logic that would have had us resign Seymour and lost Wilfork.

Welker is a much better receiver than Boldin. It's not a contest.

When did I ever suggest giving Boldin a contract with a ton of guaranteed money?

If he doesn't get picked up by the 49ers, Seahawks, or Patriots, I expect him to retire.

I think you vastly overrate professional athletes drive to win championships, especially players that just won one. If he decides to sign a new contract, he'll go to the team that will pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes