PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anquan Boldin - Aaron Hernandez comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped reading right there you're off your rocker! There is nothing Great about Hernandez!:rolleyes:

Well, considering that nearly every analyst believes Hernandez is an exceptional talent and one of the top tight ends in the league, I believe the onus is on you to explain why everyone is wrong. Please feel free to enlighten us.

And for the record, I believe it has been well-documented in this thread that most of us attribute his 2012 struggles to a high-ankle sprain which would put many players on IR. Also, please let us know which skill player in the NFL would be playing at a "great" level with a high ankle sprain.

Their playing styles are similar.

But their mentality and heart are VERY different.

Boldin came back a week after getting a bad concussion and having his entire jaw re-wired.

Hernandez has missed games and been taken out of games for far less.

Boldin has strong hands and will fight for jump balls.

Hernandez shies away from contact.

Sorry, but it is what it is!

Sometimes I wonder what games people are watching.

Hernandez lacks toughness.

Even BB was mocking him last pre-season by kissing a boo-boo on his elbow.

0803belichickkiss275.jpg

Excuses are for losers. Wes Welker takes more physical punishment game in and game out than AH and Wes answers the bell every game.
Aaron Hernandez is overrated, overpaid and underperforming. I still can't believe Belichick gave him all that cash. Crazy!!

I'm sorry, but that is laughable. Wes has continually come up short in big games. Please see: 2010 Jets, 2011 Giants, and 2012 Ravens for the most recent examples.

Hernandez lacks toughness.

Even BB was mocking him last pre-season by kissing a boo-boo on his elbow.

0803belichickkiss275.jpg

So you're observing this alleged lack of toughness from Hernandez gutting it out the second half of the season despite the fact that he clearly wasn't healthy?

And you're right, I'm sure BB was mocking the guy for lacking toughness ... the very same guy whom BB inexplicably decided to re-sign on a big contract?

Seriously, think before you post.

So you're observing this alleged lack of toughness from Hernandez gutting it out the second half of the season despite the fact that he clearly wasn't healthy?

He was only supposed to miss 4 weeks, but ended up missing 6 weeks. I don't consider that "toughing it out"

And you're right, I'm sure BB was mocking the guy for lacking toughness ...

"Aww poor baby. You got a cut on your wittle elbow. Let me kiss that better for you".

It's pretty obvious whats going on there. He was mocking Hernandez and trying to motivate him to toughen up.

Seriously, think before you post.

Seriously, stop being a homer and defending every player on the roster. Everything I said is true. Boldin is way tougher than Hernandez.

Their playing styles are similar.

Boldin came back a week after getting a bad concussion and having his entire jaw re-wired.

Hernandez has missed games and been taken out of games for far less.

Sorry, but it is what it is!

Completely different and cannot compare at all. Concussion. He was clear to play. No effect on his skills. Jaw re wired...again..no effect on his legs or movement.

AH? Knee and ankle injuries for someone that cuts as hard as he does? Really? :bricks:

Lets see Boldin get back out there after have a grade 2 ankle sprain or a knee sprain....

He was only supposed to miss 4 weeks, but ended up missing 6 weeks. I don't consider that "toughing it out"

Ah, so you're his treating physician?

"Aww poor baby. You got a cut on your wittle elbow. Let me kiss that better for you".

It's pretty obvious whats going on there. He was mocking Hernandez and trying to motivate him to toughen up.

This is textbook confirmation bias, and a point utterly without merit.

Seriously, stop being a homer and defending every player on the roster. Everything I said is true. Boldin is way tougher than Hernandez.

If you bothered to read, you'd understand I don't defend every player on the roster. Far from it. What I do is defend players from harebrained, half-baked criticisms such as the ones you've levied here.

Boldin is way tougher than Hernandez.

That's nice. If you're going to argue points I'm not even disputing I might as well bow out now and let you debate yourself.

The argument is about Hernandez shying away from contact.

Tell me this.... When is the last time Hernandez went up and snatched a jump ball out of the air in tight coverage like Boldin did numerous times in the playoffs?

Tell me this.... When is the last time Hernandez went up and snatched a jump ball out of the air in tight coverage like Boldin did numerous times in the playoffs?

are you really trying to say he has never done this before? :bricks: Just stop

Boldin and Hernandez aren't similar players. If they're throwing a jump ball to a TE, more often than not the TE's name is going to be Gronkowski. Hernandez's game is getting the ball in space where he can use his superlative shiftiness/YAC ability to maximum effect.

None of this supports your argument that Hernandez is soft or that he avoids contact. He's certainly not what I would call an aggressively physical player, but by using Boldin as your basis for comparison about 90 percent of the skill players in the NFL are soft.

First of all, Boldin has been one of the most productive WRs in the NFL over the last ten years. He was great in AZ and now found his groove in Baltimore. The Patriots tried to get him but didn't.

That said, I love how the comparison is made when Hernandez' stock is at a low, playing through an injury, while Boldin's stock is at a high after his playoff heroics. Over three years, Boldin has averaged roughly 60 catches for under 900 yards, which are basically Brandon Lloyd numbers. Hernandez has not fared better, but he's also only 23 and this year he was nowhere close to 100%.

Had Jacoby Jones not caught a prayer in Denver, Boldin would have been cut without question and everyone on the Pats board would be gloating that the Patriots didn't make the mistake of signing Boldin to a big contract when his numbers did not justify it.

Again, Boldin's a great player but like anyone else, he has ups and downs. Overall, he would be a good addition to the Patriots, but you could say that about a lot of players, and he would make a lot of teams better. I'll take Hernandez, who is younger and will soon make many on this board look foolish when he returns full strength and demonstrates why the Patriots signed him to that extension.

Boldin would've gone out of bounds at the 10 with 26 seconds left in the 1st half and saved a timeout,
instead of doing that stupid spin-o-rama for one whole yard and wasting a timeout, which ultimately
helped cost us 4 points.

Boldin not only is tougher than Hernandez, but he's smarter than him, too.

If anything, I'd say you've got it backwards. Hernandez often tries to do too much, gets gang tackled and risks putting the ball on the ground. JMO.

Also, the last time Hernandez went up and snatched a jump ball in traffic was precisely the last time Brady panicked, closed his eyes and looped one into double coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes