PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another win for morality, decency and religious values

Wolfpack

Banned
Reaction score
Another state - which was very very blue in 2008 - has rejected gay marriage, proving once again that the American people, even those who vote democrat, are strongly opposed to the radical gay agenda.

Too bad there are actually places in this country where the pols don't give a darn what the people think.

NC approves amendment on gay marriage | abc11.com

Last edited:
"radical gay agenda" LOL

Too bad so many so-called religious people espouse bigotry.

What was Jesus's take on homosexuals?

I heard this joke last night: in West Virginia you can marry your cousin, but not your gay cousin.

To me, treating people equally is the moral thing to do. I think what is creating a problem for people is that the state is involved in marriage. The state should recognize civil unions (legal status) and leave the religious institution of marriage to the churches. In other words, people can get married in a church, but the state would recognize that as a civil union. The state should not be in the marriage business.

I heard this joke last night: in West Virginia you can marry your cousin, but not your gay cousin.

To me, treating people equally is the moral thing to do. I think what is creating a problem for people is that the state is involved in marriage. The state should recognize civil unions (legal status) and leave the religious institution of marriage to the churches. In other words, people can get married in a church, but the state would recognize that as a civil union. The state should not be in the marriage business.

The most sensible approach to the topic. It is also one of the most roundly ignored approaches to the topic, unfortunately.

Always find the connection between gay rights and religious values, humorous...

There is no mention of anything about gay folks in the new testament, which largely chronicles the life of christ and how his word was disseminated...

Most of this largely comes out of convocations of old celibate men, who gather together and decide what is best for the masses..

The old testament is invoked, however that basis is selective also.. as no longer does anyone advocate the killing of gay people or disobedient children.

A few more:

"Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk," Exod. 34:26; "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material," Lev. 19:19; "Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak you wear," Deut. 22:12)

Christians violate a number of Old Testament laws with some regularity (e.g., "A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing," Deut. 22:5; "Rise in the presence of the aged," Lev. 19:32; "The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses," Deut. 14:8).

Christians violate a number of Old Testament laws with some regularity (e.g., "A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing," Deut. 22:5; "Rise in the presence of the aged," Lev. 19:32; "The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses," Deut. 14:8).

A learned Jew would argue that it is natural for Christians, and all Gentiles, to violate these laws, and to have a natural misunderstanding of the relevance of these laws.

A learned Jew would argue that it is natural for Christians, and all Gentiles, to violate these laws, and to have a natural misunderstanding of the relevance of these laws.

Does that include the passage on homosexuality???

Does that include the passage on homosexuality???

It depends. How's that for a Jewish perspective? :D

EDIT - I can get a bit more in depth with it, if you want, but it might carry us into a theological discussion, derailing this more political thread.

Last edited:
It depends. How's that for a Jewish perspective? :D

No, you must answer the question with a question.

C'mon, get with the program!

I'm with this guy.

Since when is marriage a christian only event anyway? Don't other religions and cultures celebrate marriage?

[Sarcasm Mode on]How dare homosexuals ask to be treated as equals! Those heathens! Next thing you know they will want the right to vote. They need to be stopped immediately! They should just sit in the back of the bus and keep their mouths shut! Stop asking to be treated as humans, as equals stupid homosexuals!!!![Sarcasm Mode off]

Keep up the fight closed minded bigots!!!

Since when is marriage a christian only event anyway? Don't other religions and cultures celebrate marriage?

Let us know when user "StrawMan" writes back in response. :p

The more I think about this, the following question comes to mind, isn't equal application of the law a moral issue as well???

Man, this thread died quickly. Was it something I said?

A Muslim is simply one who bears witness and testifies that “nothing deserves worship except God and Muhammad is the messenger of God.” One becomes a Muslim by making this simple declaration.

learn muslim language
Your very busy today. Your like an Evangelistic Muslim spreading the word of the Prophet.

Gay people should have the right to be as totally miserable as the rest of us.

If gay people were allowed to marry then they wouldn't be committing adultery. It is in the 10 Commandmants, which we know came from God and tells us what is a sin. Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. Everything else is up to debate. I think that the actions of some Christians turn people away from God. I have a novel idea. Why not invite a gay person to church. Don't preach to them, don't judge them and don't try to change them. Just invite them to church to pray. Or would they be invited to your church? Jesus taught love, tolerance, and doing good for others. It is amazing how many people who call themselves Christians seem to have forgotten that part of the Bible.

God bless you all.

"You show me a Christian who thinks he isn't going to hell, and I'll show you a Christian who hasn't read his Bible." - Me

To be anti-gay marriage is to be anti-love.

Shame on all those who denigrate and discriminate without just cause.

Regards
DL

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes