Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another vietnam veteran getting swiftboated.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

again, jack... if you want your post to resonate with the out of sight, out of mind party... you have to present a headline and a few paragraphs... they don't work to read links...

i'll put even money on the potential that someone here, previously ignorant to this story, will take up the cause and suggest VVAM has basis, and will then begin bashing John McCain for it... but then, now that i've mentioned it, out of spite, no one will...

personally, i believe this group is Bush League... just like in 2000, when Rove smeared McCain for his alledged black love child... oops, nope... adopted... and not even black...

from your link:

McCain Campaign Responds to Attack

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The polls had not even closed in Michigan yet when the McCain campaign worked Tuesday evening to repel an attack here in South Carolina, where a brutally negative campaign derailed Senator John McCain’s candidacy in 2000.

The campaign, which has vowed not to take any attacks lying down this time around, said in a statement that a group calling itself “Vietnam Veterans Against McCain” had sent out a negative mailing about Mr. McCain to South Carolina voters.

“Today, a shadowy political organization calling itself ‘Vietnam Veterans Against McCain’ launched a vicious attack on John McCain in an attempt to impugn his character in the closing days of the South Carolina Republican Primary,” Orson Swindle, who was a fellow prisoner of war in Vietnam with Mr. McCain, said in a statement put out by the campaign. “The group claims that John McCain turned his back on his fellow POWs in order to save his own skin.”
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  3. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Which campaign do you think is financing this attack?
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it doesn't have to be any campaign... just a group in league with the Bush League who believe McCain doesn't have Big Oil's interests foremost in his mind...
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If he responds quickly and forcefully McCain may be able to turn this into a positive. In a state as conservative as South Carolina he should be happy to talk about his exemplary and heroic record serving his country, it serves him better than talking about not supporting the Bush tax cuts, campaign finance reform, abortion, or other issues he will be attacked on from the right.

Just remember that these kinds of unfounded, dirty attacks didn't start with the swiftboaters, they have been part of American politics since its earliest days.
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Sure didn't. Just read Affiars of Honor by Joanne Freeman. She shows how bad (even worse) some of the original politicians in this country were to each other.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They knew about a good smear campaign in the old days. They had some great stuff about what Andrew Jackson did to John Quincy Adams and Henry Clay in the PBS documentary about him (Jackson). Funny stuff looking back on it.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Not even necessarily smears. Sometimes only a good ol' fashioned duel would settle the score. I think they still do that in parts of Texas...
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

I would if I knew what I was talking about :singing:
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

never stopped you before, despite not knowing...
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Too early in the morning for conspiracy theories. Call back later. Bye.

//
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

but then, no one is calling you...
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... oh, good. You were trolling for responses on another thread, but I guess you are changing your modus here. Typical chameleon.

//
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'm starting to believe you're certifiably insane... how about posting such a pissy personal instigation in that thread you mention then? ... can't you keep your threads straight?...

changing my modus? wtf are you ever talking about?
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As my Harley dealer says, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand."

Have a nice day!

:D

//
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ok, i'll let you get back to ruining multiple threads you can't keep straight... no problem... you too!!
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

When you finally admit you know exactly what I'm talking about, you will be a much better man.

//
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

sorry... no i don't... again, keep your threads straight... it's hard to follow your meaning when you respond to one thread in another unrelated thread...
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You posted this on that other thread:

"where are the staunch Bush League supporters in threads like these?

just once, i'd like to see some of the "keep government out of my life" crowd make an appearance in one of these threads and offer a bit of their perspective on the direction that corporate FASCIST america is heading... Fog? pf13? Obi-Qui? PFiEL?

but no... they never show up... because then their utter hypocrisy would be completely exposed, not just assumed...

there is no defense for what their favorite administration is doing to this country... so they don't dare bother, and instead stick to threads about Jane Fonda, the Surge, and God..."

post #2 in http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=74310

You rant about "FASCISM", then bait me and others to defend it. How about I ask you: "So, Pressboy, are you still beating your girl friend??" Doubt you'd like that. At all.

//
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

great... so why don't you keep your displeasure with that post in that particular thread? what does it have to do with this thread? and why would you post this HERE?:

i mean, what does that have to do with this thread? why wouldn't you post such in the other thread you're complaining about here? it's really very simple, Fog... please try and follow along in your unbridled rage... we're all here for you... but, focus...

as for fascism... i didn't bait you to "defend it"... i bait you to condemn it... instead, it's your silence that defends it, based on your compulsive and adamant defense of the Bush Administration and it's long history of fraud, lies, cover-ups, and bill signings ... again, try and focus, and stick with what i actually said, not what you think i meant...

as for your insulting hypothetical regarding my girlfriend, how utterly YOU, "holy" man... but, moreover, that's a laughable analogy, considering i have no history of that, whereas people like YOU have a vast, VAST, documented history of sticking up for Boy King signing statements, state secrecy, and lies that have enable imperialism and the push towards transnational fascism...

good try, however...unfortunately, you're up against a poster who 1) is meticulous and tireless when dealing with lying, disingenuous religious zealots; 2) doesn't rely on an isolated and curious slant on the Holy Bible for his entire code of negotiable ethics and morals...
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008