PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another terrible league-wide rule is passed

Then you are in business. Hire yourself out. A lucrative career awaits.

LMAO!!!...yeah, I'm in stitches....Foxboro Mule Co. -----then they can bring in the DEA and Border patrol agents with portable x-ray machines and do unannounced in stadium scans on unsuspecting slobs that would DARE to try to skirt the concessions...

..you VILL hand ohfer zee nips or ve vill mussen to hack off yur hanz and zee feet!!! Vy vill you not co-operate!!!!!!!! You VILL co-operate!!!!

the-english-patient-interrogation2.JPG

I think the NFL is trying out the novel idea of not to waiting until after the catastrophe happens to start taking preventative measures for it.

Great idea. Let's just ban people too, that will really cut down on the chances of an attack. Or maybe we can intern them all in the name of safety.

This is just another excuse to take away rights and privileges in the name of safety.

LMAO!!!...yeah, I'm in stitches....Foxboro Mule Co. -----then they can bring in the DEA and Border patrol agents with portable x-ray machines and do unannounced in stadium scans on unsuspecting slobs that would DARE to try to skirt the concessions...

..you VILL hand ohfer zee nips or ve vill mussen to hack off yur hanz and zee feet!!! Vy vill you not co-operate!!!!!!!! You VILL co-operate!!!!

the-english-patient-interrogation2.JPG

Where is Sayid, the Iranian interrogator from LOST when we really need him?

Great idea. Let's just ban people too, that will really cut down on the chances of an attack. Or maybe we can intern them all in the name of safety.

This is just another excuse to take away rights and privileges in the name of safety.

I could not agree more. Unfortunately, this essay is verboten in the football forum.

This world may suck as presently configured, but as a parent you remember it's your duty to rail against the machine for your children and their yet to be revealed to you wonderful offspring, bro.

If they really care about safety they'll put up some more lights on the way to Rt 1 and widen underneath the bridges, where someone will inevitably be crushed.

If they really care about safety they'll put up some more lights on the way to Rt 1 and widen underneath the bridges, where someone will inevitably be crushed.

I would characterize this inaction as ethnic cleansing against my imbibing Scotch-Irish brethren were I in a negative frame of mind.

yeah..uh...too obvious...see, your problem is you are using common sense....it's gotta be these "Look at me saving the world!!!!" decisions that further abridge freedoms we once took for granted.

So I guess cargo pants are the preferred pants of the NFL now? :)

We'd also save more lives screening people for breast cancer than weapons in airports, but sensationalism has always won the day (it's why terrorism is so effective!!).

After sleeping on it, though, I think the Boston Marathon bombing probably is cause for this new rule. According to the NFL, a wider security perimeter is being establish to stop bag-carrying fans before they reach the gate area. As most of us know, gate areas get pretty jammed up around Gillette 40 minutes or so before kickoff. All it would take is another Tsaranev type to mix in the tightly packed crowd, drop a backpack bomb and stroll

Who carries a backpack into an NFL game? Particularly after what happened in Boston?

Goodell is doing this because of lawsuits should something happen. The terrorists have won.

With plasma and LCD tvs the best seat is at home.

Those who regularly attend games live know this isn't true. If you actually have gone and still believe that, you don't know what to look for.

Who carries a backpack into an NFL game? Particularly after what happened in Boston?

Well, there haven't been any NFL games since the marathon bombing. Up 'til now plenty of people have taken backpacks to games. They've all been searched with no problems.

For any given NFL game, 60-80,000 people enter the stadium in a 60-90 minute period before the game. There are only ten home games per year so security is administered by a part-time work force with questionable training at best. For a significant portion of the games, many fans wear multiple layers of clothing, complicating the security challenge even more.

It's unrealistic to think these security measures are going to be all that effective. I'm not altogether sure why people need to bring bags into the game in the first place. Plus, the rules are pretty clear on bringing alcoholic beverages into the stadium.

It's tempting to take the cynical view here and say the teams are doing this solely to protect concession sales. The process of screening the bags involves additional security staff (which costs money), creates a more cumbersome, time-consumimg process for fans entering the building (inconveniencing other fans) and is in all likelihood unreliable.

But I suppose that if you are inclined to second guess coaches and GMs, the league's security experts are fair game as well.

good. football is a man's game.

nothing, i just want to see how much casual misogyny i can get away with on an american football message board.

if I hate my ex-wife is that considered misogyny?

no, joker. i think you should do what makes you happy.

oh wait...if I did THAT I'd get twenty to life....:eek:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back