PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another SUper-Long Thread Starting Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points.At the end of the day they lose by 17 points at home,which is an embarrassment.I was listening to the Weei post game showIthought Deossie and Smerlas made an interesting statement,as ex-players,(if you dont like the other team scoring,stop them" and the other was "its a teams job to score points,its the opposing teams job to stop them").Looks good on Mawae and Co.

Against the other teams in the NFL, no they haven't been. But they sure looked good against us for three out of the four halfs of football I've watched. I hope we destroy them, but after watching the two games this year I'm not expecting that type of game.

They didn't play as well in the second half of the first game as you seem to recall. Check out the drive log.

1) The Jets lost the ball on downs early in the second half.
2) Complete fluke Crotchery TD. (Edited to say that this came on 3rd and long and NE got tremendous pressure, although I think the catch would have been good and it was likely a RTP, but NE still killed NY's OL on the play)
3) The one and only good drive for the Jets all game and that even included a play not likely to happen again.
4) Decent drive, but really not that much considering the field position
5) End of the game

NE actually dominated the fourth quarter with a drive that lasted 9:20. The Jets won the battle for about 15 minutes. That is all.

I just wonder how many of those bobbleheads wish they'd picked the Jets as a contender isntead of Miami. NY didn't win the AFCE, but at least they're in the playoffs.

I, for one, have thought that the Jets talent was not the issue this year. They're not stocked with allstars, but they have more than enough talent to be a winning ballclub. Hence my respect for them this weekend. Between EM's familiarity with us, and the way the past two games have gone... it's just up in the air for me.

With regard to the picking of the Jets, I have pulled out my AFCE predictions a few times just looking for one, "Holy crap! You are godamm smart!" response. Alas, no one has obliged. But I did call the Pats, Fins and Jets to a T.

I know one thing for certain: I'll be screaming my head off at the TV no matter which way it goes.

:D

Happy New Year Oswlek.

Right back at you, pal.

Last edited:
They didn't play as well in the second half of the first game as you seem to recall. Check out the drive log.

1) The Jets lost the ball on downs early in the second half.
2) Complete fluke Crotchery TD. (Edited to say that this came on 3rd and long and NE got tremendous pressure, although I think the catch would have been good and it was likely a RTP, but NE still killed NY's OL on the play)
3) The one and only good drive for the Jets all game and that even included a play not likely to happen again.
4) Decent drive, but really not that much considering the field position
5) End of the game

NE actually dominated the fourth quarter with a drive that lasted 9:20. The Jets won the battle for about 15 minutes. That is all.

In the first game it appears that you're right, the big plays are distorting my memory of the overall play. The second game, however, I do remember pretty well as being a frustrating day for our offense and a day where our defense didn't force a big stop or a crucial turnover.

With regard to the picking of the Jets, I have pulled out my AFCE predictions a few times just looking for one, "Holy crap! You are godamm smart!" response. Alas, no one has obliged. But I did call the Pats, Fins and Jets to a T.

I, for one, did notice your apt predictions. I never replied to any of those posts for whatever reason, but I did see them and I was impressed, so:

"Holy Carp! You are godamm smart!"

In the first game it appears that you're right, the big plays are distorting my memory of the overall play. The second game, however, I do remember pretty well as being a frustrating day for our offense and a day where our defense didn't force a big stop or a crucial turnover.

Yes, the second game was an utterly horrible display by NE. No doubting that.

I, for one, did notice your apt predictions. I never replied to any of those posts for whatever reason, but I did see them and I was impressed, so:

"Holy Carp! You are godamm smart!"

Is that how you guys say that out in Eastern MA? :p

Yes, the second game was an utterly horrible display by NE. No doubting that.

Is that how you guys say that out in Eastern MA? :p

I'm in Southern Florida, but no either way. That's just the way I say it in the BF80verse (I figure NEM gets his own NEMverse, why can't I have my own).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back