Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Stupid Rex Comment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Kid~Brady, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Leave it to Rex Ryan to stick his foot in his mouth.

Speaking to San Diego reporters on a conference call ahead of the Jets' home tilt against the Chargers on Sunday, Ryan pontificated on how things would've been different had Bolts general manager A.J. Smith offered him the head-coaching job that went to Norv Turner in 2007.

“Well, I think I would have had a couple rings," Ryan said, according to the New York Daily News. "I'm telling you, those teams were loaded."

Talk about killing two birds with one stone. With a single answer, Ryan managed to indirectly insult both Turner and his own GM, Mike Tannenbaum. Very impressive.

Ryan was worried enough by how the comments would be perceived that he placed a call to Turner to clarify himself. A Jets spokesman said Ryan's comments were intended as a compliment to the Chargers' operation.

Turner said Wednesday "we've had enough coaching drama in the league the last few days," but then doled out a surprising zinger at Ryan.

"I hadn't seen his quote and I was a little bit surprised by the call," he said. "And then after I saw the quote, I didn't have a chance to ask him this, but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he's guaranteed the last couple of years."

Burn.

Ryan has no regrets how his career played out and said the Chargers "opened some doors" by allowing him to interview for the job four years ago.

Guy just doesn't know when to shut his fat mouth. I hope the Chargers smash them!
  2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

What does that statement say to current and recent Jets players?