Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Snowstorm And Cold Spell Strikes Middle America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 1, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/snowstorm.1.foot.2.643198.html

Massive Snowstorm Brings Nearly A Foot
    This Is The Fourth Snowiest Winter In 25 Years

CHICAGO (CBS) ― The Chicago area is digging out from a snowstorm that has dumped nearly a foot in some areas, and given a lot of people a good excuse for being late for work.

The snow that began on Thursday afternoon had begun to subside by 11 a.m., but not before dumping 7.4 inches of snow at O'Hare International Airport. At CBS 2, 8.5 inches of snow fell. In Berwyn, there were 10.2 inches, in Elburn 11 inches.

A winter storm remains in effect until 6 p.m. for Cook, Kankakee and Will counties and Northwest Indiana.

As CBS 2's Rafael Romo reports, it took some commuters three times as long as normal to get downtown from the neighborhoods or the suburbs Friday morning. The Kennedy Expressway looked like a frozen parking lot, and patience was running out.

2. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Much more of this Global Warming and we'll all freeze to death.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,988 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Another pointless global warming thread ... haven't there been enough already. A snowstorm neither proves nor disproves global warming ... we all know this.

4. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fine, but I sure hope you aren't one of the people that say that there shouldn't be anymore debate on Global Warming and it's causes. There are many fine scientists that will argue mankind is NOT the main reason behind temperature rises. The loony left likes to marginalize them as whack-jobs in order to push their agenda.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

:rofl: That was a good one scum! Can I call you scum? :eek:

Welcome to the forum btw. It's always nice to see new people post.

6. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

MISTER Scum to YOU!.....:D ....Thanks for the welcome RW.

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Even Giants fans? Religious conservative Giants fans? What could be worse? Oh, that's right... Religious conservative Yankee fans... But they're usually one and the same... :D

Anyhoo, hooray!! Another moronic, short-sighted thread about recent weather by an author who can't tell the difference between weather and climate. Meanwhile, he surely wants corporations to maintain the right to pollute and the right to his big, gluttonous vehicle, his right to lump his trash all together, and the right to blissfully consume all the transfat he can enjoy... To hell with regulations, or pressured efforts to live and eat healthier, and respect the planet.

"Hey look! It was cold in Ithaca yesterday! The Earth is fine!!"

mornonicism...

behold, Archie Bunkerism in its natural habitat... I give you: Obi-Qui.

8. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just don't give me any END OF DEBATE crap when it comes to Global Warming. Not that I desire to debate it here, rather let all the experts have their findings considered, not just the views from the left-leaning segment of the scientific community.

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's fine... i've never come out in adamant assertion of global warming... though i believe it's happening and man's largely to blame, i'm not convinced of that fact yet, and i'm not convinced there's a damn thing we can do about it...

Much like Peak Oil, it's pretty much too late.... So we're left asking... Will our children and grandchildren ever forgive us?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

When you say 'left leaning' segment, you really mean 'scientifically leaning' segment right?

11. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well THAT sounded kind of reasonable......I bet you didn't think you had it in you.:)

12. Street Scum

Street Scum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No. There ARE scientists out there that don't have an agenda either way. However, the main stream media primarily wants to hear from those who warn that unless we all start living like the Amish, there really WILL be ocean front property for sale in Arizona.

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

when people speak with broad labels, bloviating things like "American hates liberals" and "the left wants the terrorists to win" and other magna cum laude bits of verbage, that's when things immediately become unreasonable...

with these kinds of Bunkerites, they become utterly shocked when they realize there's a vast gray area between their world of black or white, us or them...