PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Snow Bowl for Packers vs Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new GFS is starting to agree with the Euro. As soon as this clipper system moves out the models will have a better handle on this coming snow storm. Lets hope the SW ridge digs and the storm starts to phase early then we are in for a HECS(Historical East Coast Storm).

Known by New Englanders as "A wicked bad Nor'eastah"...what's with this HECS crap? Don't you know your weather terms around hee-ah?

The new GFS is starting to agree with the Euro. As soon as this clipper system moves out the models will have a better handle on this coming snow storm. Lets hope the SW ridge digs and the storm starts to phase early then we are in for a HECS(Historical East Coast Storm).

Mercy! I still get lost with some of the more complex Guys Who've Played/Coached terminology! I can't take it! :D

Just bring on the white stuff! :)

Last edited:
As a spectator and as a person that lives in the Boston area, I have this to say: EFF THE SNOW! It's so easy for you all to say how much you just looooovvvvveee snow games. I hate them. I hate the clean up. I hate the shoveling. I hate the drive. I hate it all. However, they always win in the damn white stuff. Grrrrr...... LOL!

Last edited:

Will the Historical East Coast Storm shut down the Historical West Coast offense that the Packers play?

As a spectator and as a person that lives in the Boston area, I have this to say: EFF THE SNOW! It's so easy for you all to say how much you just looooovvvvveee snow games. I hate them. I hate the clean up. I hate the shoveling. I hate the drive. I hate it all. However, they always win in the damn white stuff. Grrrrr...... LOL!

I like to think of it as divine compensation for having to be strictly a long-distance fan... ;)

Gotta admit that the only Pats ticket I ever ate was the infamous Pats-Miami snow shower game, the one where Bru slides into the EZ on his knees with a pick 6. Lived in Sudbury and could not get out of my driveway and street to try to drive there. Thousands of fans were stuck outside the stadium on Route 1 as the parking lots weren't plowed nor were the seats and stairs shoveled out.

Take note people, getting into the lots and especially back out is brutal in a blizzard.

But at least we know this...If it's snowin', Tommy's throwin'!

Mercy! I still get lost with some of the more complex Guys Who've Played/Coached terminology! I can't take it! :D

Just bring on the white stuff! :)

My favorite line from Burbank's blog:

" Undoubtedly, this pattern is favorable for bombogenesis. "

Yes, undoubtedly. ....

Don't mention the possibility of another Snow Bowl to Packers CB Charles Woodson
...remember Woodson was not far from the Brady strip and controversial call in 2002 when he was with the Raiders

Don't mention the possibility of another Snow Bowl to Packers CB Charles Woodson
...remember Woodson was not far from the Brady strip and controversial call in 2002 when he was with the Raiders

You mean the roughing the passer non-call? :)

Last edited:
Keep the snow on Sunday, I want it nice on Monday since I am going to the Ducks/Bruins game at TD and my car can not drive in the snow at all. Plus we have a great record in snow games, no need to mess with a good thing.

It'll be nice to see a home game in snow. Can't wait for sunday.... :rocker:

dude!? snow makes it even better.

-- FRITZ

I'm ok with a snow game but if you saw the pile up in a storm I did a few years back then you'd think twice about it i think. As it is now it looks like only a couple inches during the day and a couple more at night. I think I'll book a room in Foxboro, get there early then stay over Sunday night.

Patriots First-Half Scores In Last 3 Snow Games:
2010: 33-0 at Bears
2009: 45-0 vs Titans
2008: 31-0 vs Cardinals

Good news for Pats: Snow possible - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
According to the latest forecast on weather.com, there is a 60 percent chance of precipitation in the Foxborough area on Sunday night. That should come as good news to the Patriots, who have won 11 straight games with snow falling (includes 3 playoff games, dating back to 2001).

“Honestly, I didn’t even know that,” Patriots coach Bill Belichick said earlier this week when informed of his team’s record in the snow. “That’s great. We’ll get the snow-making machines out there; start firing it up. I wasn’t even aware of it. Those aren’t the kind of records I keep track of.

Last edited:
Forecast changed for Sunday night. No snow. Atleast this will be better for fans getting to/and from Gillette.

Meh, I'd rather avoid the snow. Since it doesn't seem to hinder the Pats' play, might as well make it more comfortable sitting in the stands.

The Pats play much better in the snow though, I would kill to go to a snow bowl game.

Oh well....i want snow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back