PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another simms article on pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
More great stuff from Phil Simms.

"Players and coaches are always going to leave successful organizations. They have to. They can get more money by going elsewhere. When you win three Super Bowls in five years, it's impossible to pay everybody for that success."

"If you look at it objectively, this might be the best offense they've had since Brady has been there."

He's not doing our game this weekend, which is too bad. Simms is clearly the best, and we'll probably get Randy Cross instead, whose only redeeming quality is that we can make fun of him.

Good read....it's nice to find someone in the media who can be objective. I don't expect, and don't want, ballwashing...but at least bring an objective perspective to the table. Simms has done that and should be commended for it!

BradyManny2344 said:
He's not doing our game this weekend, which is too bad. Simms is clearly the best, and we'll probably get Randy Cross instead, whose only redeeming quality is that we can make fun of him.

I used to feel that way about Cross too, especially after last year's Miami game, but I listen to him every morning on my way into work on Sirius and I have started to like him. He tells it as he sees it and he isn't afraid to call people out and IMO he is one of the best on Sirius the only person I like on there more than him is Jim Miller.

great article by simms who is clearly a pats supporter but hasnt been afraid to write negatively about them either when it is called for. in this artilce he seems to have voiced so many of our points over theses last few years and especially this year.
The Sky did not fall as many hoped it would, we are alive and well and being in contention in January is really all we as fans can ask for.

Phil says about the Pats:

"I don't want to go into one of my usual rants, but I just don't understand why more people aren't infatuated by them. They can't wait to tear them down and criticize them for making some tough decisions -- balancing money and loyalty on a football team. They find fault with what they are not doing, but don't give them enough credit for what they are doing.

Players and coaches are always going to leave successful organizations. They have to. They can get more money by going elsewhere. When you win three Super Bowls in five years, it's impossible to pay everybody for that success."

Amen Phil, it boggles the mind, especially the fickle and I hesitate to say, uninformed Patriots fans.

Simms seems to know quite well the Patriots and i have always respected him a lot

chapeau !

p8ryts said:
Amen Phil, it boggles the mind, especially the fickle and I hesitate to say, uninformed Patriots fans.

Why would you be hesitant to say it? This board is full of evidence to support your argument. Everytime I hear that a Pats caller is on the line for a Sirius program I almost cringe. Every Pats fan that **I have heard call in** is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back