PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another schedule "ANOMOLY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last year, when the schedule was announced and the Pats had 5 of 6 divisional games after Halloween, we were all surprised.

Well, what happened this year? We have 5 of 6 divisional games by November 12th.

What is also wierd is that the Pats, from week 11 thru week 17, we have a streak where we play 3 of the 4 NFC Conference games and another streak where we play 3 of the 4 AFC South teams.

I think that its a very wierd schedule overall

DaBruinz said:
Last year, when the schedule was announced and the Pats had 5 of 6 divisional games after Halloween, we were all surprised.

Well, what happened this year? We have 5 of 6 divisional games by November 12th.

What is also wierd is that the Pats, from week 11 thru week 17, we have a streak where we play 3 of the 4 NFC Conference games and another streak where we play 3 of the 4 AFC South teams.

Agreed. I had almost the exact same thoughts...

In 2005, the schedule assisted the Pats tremendously - having so many divisional games down the strech allowed the team some time to get the defense re-organized post Rodney (and other DBS) and Ted and pre Tedy & Seymour. To make the playoffs, the Pats had only to basically run the table (last game Miami not included - which the loss actually helps this year with better draft picks) through the division.

This year may not be as easy - If the Pats take some time to get organized, the stretch run will include few division games and 3 of the last 4 on the road.

Last edited:
rhubma said:
Agreed. I had almost the exact same thoughts...

In 2005, the schedule assisted the Pats tremendously - having so many divisional games down the strech allowed the team some time to get the defense re-organized post Rodney (and other DBS) and Ted and pre Tedy & Seymour. To make the playoffs, the Pats had only to basically run the table (last game Miami not included - which the loss actually helps this year with better draft picks) through the division.

This year may not be as easy - If the Pats take some time to get organized, the stretch run will include few division games and 3 of the last 4 on the road.

True, but we're softer in terms of teams out of the gate, regardless of division.

Consider our first 6 games - could open 6-0!:

Sun 9/10/2006 1:00 PM vs Bills - a team coming off a horrendous season, having lost thier top reciever and with a new coach, coming into Gillette, one of the toughest places to play in the NFL...

Sun 9/17/2006 4:15 PM @ Jets - new coach with no experience, QB problems, major losses on defense (Law, Abraham)...

Sun 9/24/2006 8:15 PM vs Broncos - Admittedly a tough team, but I'd rather have 'em in Foxboro than at Mile High!

Sun 10/1/2006 4:15 PM @ Bengals - In my opinion another strong team, contingent upon what happens with Carson plamer. If he's PUP, then he couldn't be back for this game...

Sun 10/8/2006 1:00 PM vs Dolphins - Fish are an enigma. Saban in his second year, Duante Culpepper. I'll think we'll beat them, but this could be a tough game. Glad it's in New England...

Sun 10/15/2006 vs Bye

Sun 10/22/2006 1:00 PM @ Bills - See above...

ADPF

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
True, but we're softer in terms of teams out of the gate, regardless of division.

Consider our first 6 games - could open 6-0!:

Sun 9/10/2006 1:00 PM vs Bills - a team coming off a horrendous season, having lost thier top reciever and with a new coach, coming into Gillette, one of the toughest places to play in the NFL...

Sun 9/17/2006 4:15 PM @ Jets - new coach with no experience, QB problems, major losses on defense (Law, Abraham)...

Sun 9/24/2006 8:15 PM vs Broncos - Admittedly a tough team, but I'd rather have 'em in Foxboro than at Mile High!

Sun 10/1/2006 4:15 PM @ Bengals - In my opinion another strong team, contingent upon what happens with Carson plamer. If he's PUP, then he couldn't be back for this game...

Sun 10/8/2006 1:00 PM vs Dolphins - Fish are an enigma. Saban in his second year, Duante Culpepper. I'll think we'll beat them, but this could be a tough game. Glad it's in New England...

Sun 10/15/2006 vs Bye

Sun 10/22/2006 1:00 PM @ Bills - See above...

ADPF

Noway we go 6-0. Atleast I hope. I'd rather have a team that finds its kinks early in the season and surges late then a team thats all hype, and falls at the end. IMO losing throughout the season while staying at the top of your division is a good thing. It keeps u humble, and in check. I know ADPF that u didnt say they were going to go undefeated, but I saw it in some other threads. I just think coming out and saying "we're not going to lose a game" is pretty ridiculous and disrespectful to the rest of the NFL. No one forgot who we are and alot of teams are still burning from losses to us this last few yrs. They are going to be gunning for us and trying to knock us down, I just hope we can actually stay healthy this yr.

I just think coming out and saying "we're not going to lose a game" is pretty ridiculous and disrespectful to the rest of the NFL

You also sound like a Colts fan.

if carson palmer is back

that will be one really really tough game

rhubma said:

By the stretch run, our defense is always playing so well that it doesn't matter who our opponents are. That's when I would rather have faced Denver.

DaBruinz said:

IIRC last year, one team (SD??Cleveland) had to face three teams when those teams were coming off their bye week while everyone else had at most one well rested opponent. I haven't checked this year's schedule but I'd hope they ficed that bug......unless of course it's Indy, then it's okay....But we would have heard about it by now and quite loudly if it were the case...

Patsfanin Philly said:
IIRC last year, one team (SD??Cleveland) had to face three teams when those teams were coming off their bye week while everyone else had at most one well rested opponent. I haven't checked this year's schedule but I'd hope they ficed that bug......unless of course it's Indy, then it's okay....But we would have heard about it by now and quite loudly if it were the case...

Guess what, Indy faces 0 as in zero opponents coming off a bye (why am I not shocked, compared to Balt, Dallas and Wash who face three opponents each coming off a bye. A quick check reveals.....
http://www.nfl.com/schedules

Games against an opponent who has a bye the week before.
Arizona 0
Atlanta 1
Balt 3
Buffalo 1
Carolina 0
Chicago 2
Cinn 0
Cle 1
Dallas 3
Detroit 0
Denver 1
Green Bay 1
Houston 2
INDY 0
JAX 0
KC 0
Miami 1
Minn 0
New England 1
New Orleans 2
NYG 1
NYJ 0
Oakland 0
Phil 0
Pitt 0
SD 2
Seattle 1
SF 2
St Louis 1
Tampa Bay 2
Tenn 1
Wash 3
I don't know if I'd be happy if I were a Balt, Dal or Wash fan......

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
If it wasn't for Palmer's uncertain status, I would call Cincy a serious contender for the AFC this year. Coach Lewis has done a fantastic job taking over one of the most pathetic franchises in the NFL and turning them into the model of how a team should be run.

I honestly hope the kid is OK - I hate to see such an injury happen to anyone.

QuiGon said:
If it wasn't for Palmer's uncertain status, I would call Cincy a serious contender for the AFC this year. Coach Lewis has done a fantastic job taking over one of the most pathetic franchises in the NFL and turning them into the model of how a team should be run.

quote]

Conjure up memories or another franchise from about 10 plus years ago?????
The amazing part there is that he was able to do it with the same ownership
that was so amazingly incompetent previously.....
Here at least the Krafts' infused new blood and replaced Sullivan/Kiam etc...
ineptitude....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing