Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Rotten Scumbag Republican Found Guilty of Corruption Charges..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 27, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

So what else is new another scumbag, low life Republican Found Guilty.. how many is that now, too many to count.. in his homestate, of Alaska another pal of Palin.. in fact they palled around together.. rotten bastard should get sent to Leavenworth with Bubba and have the opportunity to make some new friends..

Sen. Ted Stevens Is Found Guilty of Corruption Charges - WSJ.com

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ya beat me to it! .... you gotta love this...

perhaps if Stevens wasn't such a dyck in court, he might have gotten off like most Con men do...
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +231 / 8 / -13

Glad to see crooks like Stephens get convicted.
  4. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Amen

May there be many more
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Palin doth cleanse her site from all things Stevens.. geez wonder why.. it is big oil's fault.. guess folks do not have free choice in Alaska.. still looks as though she was pallin around with a convicted felon..

TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | Palin Ad Starring Ted Stevens Already Scrubbed From Palin's Campaign Website

YouTube - Palin on Ted Stevens: 'I have great respect for him'

YouTube - Stevens Endorses Palin for Governor
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Watch as he slips from one percent down in the polls to like three. Because we all know that Republicans don't march in lockstep at all and are, in fact, quite open-minded.

Open-minded enough to vote for a convicted felon as long as there's a little 'r' next to his name.
  7. slowpoke2

slowpoke2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Speaking of rotten. Callahan has sunk to new lows, continuing to lie on his program. Sad to see such a great sports writer stuck in the world of black and white.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +231 / 8 / -13

Marion Barry ring a bell didn't realize he was a 'r'...
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Marion Barry was not a senator.. Marion Barry happened in the 80's.. times have changed, values have changed, media has changed.. there is not excuse for what he did or tried to do subsequently, but in this day and age would have been killed.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +231 / 8 / -13

Rep Jefferson and the 90k in the freezer than? not the 80's it just je was a rat, or Charlie Rangel and his ~80k in unpaid taxes on his caribbean prop income?

He is still the chariman of his committee....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Don't confuse them with facts. It only makes their heads spin. They can't understand that there are people on BOTH SIDES of the aisle who are crooks. From Murder's like Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton to people like Ted Stevens. But you won't see them talking about Kennedy and Clinton at all. You'll only see excuses from them.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

meanwhile, Boy King recognizes no bigger friend than Alaska Ted :

White House on whether Stevens should resign: No comment.»

In today’s White House press briefing, Dana Perino said the White House would “decline to comment” on the recent conviction of Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK) and whether he should resign:

Think Progress White House on whether Stevens should resign: No comment.
    Q: Sen. McCain today said Sen. Stevens should resign. Does the President believe Sen. Stevens should resign? ​

PERINO: Well given that Sen. Stevens has said that he’s going to fight his conviction and that he’s going to appeal, and that is his right to do, since it’s going to be a matter of ongoing litigation, we’ll decline to comment for now. ​
    Watch it:

After Stevens was indicted, Bush attended an event in Alaska alongside Stevens. “The United States military has had no better support and stronger friend than Sen. Ted Stevens. Thank you for coming, Senator,” Bush said in August.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gosh... who did Hillary Clinton kill?

When you're done finding someone, perhaps we can discuss the 200,000-300,000 Boy King's executive order "neutralized?"
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Love to throw all these threads in the same bucket.

So what's the scorecard now ... more corrupt dems or repub's ?

I've yet to see a libertarian found guilty of anything in this forum ...
    So by the forum logic they must be the most saintly of all politicians. :p
  15. woolster22

woolster22 Rookie

Ratings:
    +71 / 3 / -1

Does it really matter who is more corrupt, or is the simple fact that corruption is rampant in this tax, spend, borrow gov't the important thing to realize? Time for a change, I vote for a bounty on all politicians until each can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they are not guilty. Way I look at it, if youve been re-elected, your pocket is filled with my tax money, and I am not talking about bogus salaries/pensions/benefits...
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

I do agree that I am always annoyed and never surprised no matter what the depth of depravity, when politicians get busted.

I once saw a breakdown of Congress, both parties, in the context of "what would you do if this was your hometown?", complete with the percent who had police records, who were under indictment, who had done time, etc. etc. etc., expressed both as whole numbers and as percentages of a "town" of 535 people, then compared with the general population crime stats. It was astounding. It would probably compare poorly to the NFL.

I wouldn't go with the "guilty until proven innocent" presumption Woolster just raised, especially since these guys can often skate until they're at the top without getting busted. You could cut down on this stuff at some levels by a Constitutional amendment against felons seeking office. Such an amendment wouldn't stop long-time-bad-guys, first-time-convicts. Not sure I'd be for it... seems a bit draconian... but you definitely need to address this kind of culture with something systemic.

By the way, neither Clinton nor Kennedy was ever charged, much less convicted, of murder. But thanks for playing.

PFnV