Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Republican sleeping with prostitute

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 10, 2007.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

4. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -1

Appearently Senator Vitter has spoken out about prostitutes before.

http://www.politicsla.com/columns/Tidmore/2004/March/032604_inside_track.htm
    I don't really care about Vitter's sex life, except he co-sponsored the Marriage Protection Amendment. What the hell was he doing with a hooker, spying behind enemy lines?
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I'm beginning to think that America would be better off with all Muslim Leaders.

American Politicians both right and left are nothing but vile back stabbing lying dishonest scum sucking
    f-cking filthy swine Diarrhea bastards.

I would rather have a pedophile baby sit my children than an American Politician.
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  6. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Tony Snow just announced the entire story is falacious

The was no "sleeping" at all.

;)
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's not what she said.:D
  8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +451 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

I like that name, "Wendy Cortez." I'll bet she's pretty hot.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

You are a freaking trip.. god loves you Harry...
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 4 / -2

I've got no problem with a guy paying for sex, which would make sense since I support legalized prostitution. As a man, one way or another you're paying, so why not cut out the BS and pay direct? :D That being said, I do not condone someone paying for sex when they are married. Obviously that shows a lack of charactor. Whether or not this guy should resign is up to the people who vote for him. Had he stole money from the govt, then I'd send his azz to jail. My guess is that we're going to see a lot more names in the next week or so.
  11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Maybe Bush can take a page out of the "DemoBook" and pardon him.
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Who was pardoned for having sex? Currently, we have a number of Republicans getting caught having sex with hookers and a pardon concerning a high ranking White House official for obstruction of justice. Are you still reading Rush?
  13. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

First off, Bush did not pardon Libby, he commuted his sentence, big difference.

Prostitution is illegal, and this guy should resign from the Senate in disgrace, along with all the other polititians (i.e. Barney Frank) who are also guilty of the same thing.... agreed?
  14. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

First off, I was answering a sarcastic thread, I believe it was sarcastic. Secondly, why would you go out on a limb say there is a big difference in a pardon and the commuted sentence of Libby? You don't think he'll be pardoned? Not defending Barney Frank, but was he ever found guilty of anything? I'm not sure the guy should resign. What's the difference in what he did and what most of them do, its all prostitution.
  15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/archives/2007/07/4819_david_vitter_hu.html

In 2004, when Vitter was a congressman running for a seat in the Senate, Vitter campaigned with a promise of "protecting the sanctity of marriage." He went on to become a co-author of the "Federal Marriage Act" that sought to prohibit courts from interpreting same-sex marriage laws, and said of marriage, "I don't believe there's any issue that's more important than this one."

Thought we were done? Nope. Vitter once compared same-sex marriage to hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The first line of his official biography reads, "David Vitter is dedicated to making life better for his young family and all Louisiana families."

But then, hypocrisy runs across Vitter's "young family." After extramarital affairs by Louisiana rep and now-you-see-him-now-you-don't Speaker of the House Bill Livingston were revealed, Vitter's wife was asked how she would react if her husband had been caught in an affair, like Livingston and Bill Clinton. "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary [Clinton]," she said. "If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

There are far worse things than these sort of mistakes in one's personal lives, but Vitter believes in the sanctity of the family and all that sort of crap that the right wing spews to political ends. He should judge himself by the standard with which he judges others, and therefore resign. Barney Frank is less concerned than Vitter than the occasional mistakes of mutual consent one makes in their personal lives. Therefore, he should not resign.
  17. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

18. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

So Patters, are you saying that Gays do not believe in the "sanctuty of the family" then what is the whole gay marraige debate about?

Frank is more guilty as he let a prostitute runs his business out of Frank's apartment.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -4

All decent people, gay, straight, or otherwise, believe in honesty. That to me is the bottom line. How individual couples sort out their problems is up to them. I don't want to judge a person on a mistake in his private life. God knows, in some way we've all made some mistakes. I hate it when our society expects people to be perfect in every aspect of their lives. In my view, if Vitter does a good job for his constituents and works hard and helps the nation, then he should be forgiven personal mistakes in his private life. It's between him and his wife as long as there was no crime or physical abuse.

The problem for Vitter is he is so holier-than-thou and self-righteous that he deserves to be held to his own standard.
  20. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'm not sure if anyone was pardoned for having sex, but what about the drug dealer and everyone else clinton pardoned on his last day of office:confused: