PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another record which could be broken sunday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The 99 Yard drive for a TD

I can't ever remember 3 consecutive weeks where a team has accomplished this in 35 years of watching the NFL...I remember a few teams doing it twice but not 3 in a row......actually its hard to get 99 yards 2 times in a WHOLE SEASON,let alone 3 by week 4.

Of course we don't want to see Brady backed up into his end zone to break this record (I believe it has never happened),but if it happens,it would be something for the books as it might be one of the toughest things for an offense to accomplish in the NFL.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that it actually happened twice in a row to be honest.

Do you have any idea on when that happened before?

I agree, it would be a crazy scenario.

I'm surprised that it actually happened twice in a row to be honest.

Do you have any idea on when that happened before?

I agree, it would be a crazy scenario.

I really don't remember the date nor can I find it out anywhere because it was quite a while ago, but I do remember going WOW that was amazing but it was not the Patriots.

You probably see 2 99 yard drives in a row consecutive weeks once in a decade at best

I feel like the defense gets better when the field gets shorter. I'm all for it nothing quite like a tough goal line stand followed by a 99 yrd td drive!

I feel like the defense gets better when the field gets shorter. I'm all for it nothing quite like a tough goal line stand followed by a 99 yrd td drive!

I'll take a 1-yard drive over a 99-yard drive anytime. :)

I can't ever remember 3 consecutive weeks where a team has accomplished this in 35 years of watching the NFL...I remember a few teams doing it twice but not 3 in a row......actually its hard to get 99 yards 2 times in a WHOLE SEASON,let alone 3 by week 4.

Would'nt it be 3 by week 3?

I'll take a 1-yard drive over a 99-yard drive anytime. :)

Hehe yes indeed but the long ones sure are Fun to watch, especially when your favorite offense is running like some "well oiled machine"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes