PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another record to fall tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see. I have not since 1996 seen a Jag team more focused on the game at hand. This team feels they can win. Believe me you will have your hands full tonight.

warjag said:
We will see. I have not since 1996 seen a Jag team more focused on the game at hand. This team feels they can win. Believe me you will have your hands full tonight.

no doubt.
personally i respect a lot Jax
it will be not easy for us.

I foresee a battle, but in the end I expect our team to make it to the second round. There are too many positives for our team, experience, weather, homefield and #12.

NEM said:
I respect the Jags, but all things taken in to consideration...there can be no excuse for the Pats losing this game.

Home field
Cold weather
Close to full strength
Defending Champs

NO excuse for losing this game, IMO.

that's true too NEM.

we respect Jax but as you said 'NO excuse for losing this game'.

italianpatthepatriot said:
that's true too NEM.

we respect Jax but as you said 'NO excuse for losing this game'.

There is no excuse for losing this PLAYOFF game in the RAZOR with FULL STRENGTH while DEFENDING THE DYNASTY.

Brady and Belichick simply won't let it happen.

pats1 said:
There is no excuse for losing this PLAYOFF game in the RAZOR with FULL STRENGTH while DEFENDING THE DYNASTY.

i agree but we are not in FULL STRENGTH (we have Rodney our, Matt out, Dan out, etc etc)

but GO PATS !!!

minus 12 hours...

pats1 said:

Unlike the whole nation. I want you guys if you beat us to keep it going. I here from all people that they want your run to end. Remember 60% of the population here hates the Jags there from up north.

Denver, Twinks(Colts), Cincy and my most hated team Pitts.

Beat the heck out of them if you beat us.

I think the fans here are less dismissive of JAX than too positive about our team. JAX is something of an unknown, but it is also overshadowed by Indy, who is the the "real adversary."

Yes, we have a HOF QB and coach, but ...

We have a rookie and off-the-street guy playing DB (Hobbs and Hawkins), with another rookie and off-the-street guy as the nickel and dime (Sanders and Stone). So we are vulnerable to the big recievers.

Our running game has been downright weak, even againt not great teams (although I think a healthy Graham will be a big boost). This means there is a real potential to get one-dimensional.

Before the Pats fans check off this game as a pre-ordained W, remember Belichick's observation when asked about winning a game, "It's NOT about who has the better talent; it's about who plays better." Lots of factors influence who plays better, many of them are controllable with substantive clever effort which is BB's secret, but some are not.

I think the Jaguars only chance at winning this game comes down to two things.
First the Jags have to be in the backfield all day long to wear down the pass protection with its front four only. I'm not saying that Brady will get happy feet or anything. I just think if they can wear down the O-line then the RBs and TEs must be used in pass protection which limits the number of weapons that Brady has on the field. With both Kaczur and Mankins on the left side, they should do everything they can to collapse that side. Kaczur and Mankins have done extremely well this year but they are still rookies. The season is probably seeming really long at this point to them considering they've already played 4 more games than they had to in college. If the Jaguars can push the O-line around on one side then they can cut out one side of the field and rotate coverage to the other side to stop whatever is on the other side. It won't be easy, and Henderson sure better step up his game if that plan were to succeed.
Secondly, I think the jaguars need to push the DBs around with their huge wide receivers. No finesse stuff. Just smash the DBs in the mouth everytime they go on their route for the ball.
The only weaknesses that I see on the Patriots has to do with their rookies. But that weakness isn't very big considering how much experience Kaczur, Mankins and Hobbs has gotten this year. The jaguars are a tough strong team. Leftwich got hammered on all year long and still did considerable damage to opposing teams.

Anyone expecting a nice comfortable win is going to be disappointed. I look at this game to be similar to the Titans playoff game of a couple of years ago.

The Patriots will win, but the margin will be a touchdown or less.

And, lets talk about record after they have been broken.:mad:

Last edited:
PatsRI said:
Most playoff victories in a row. Green Bay and NE tied at 9. Just add it to the HOF list.

That would be nice - but the record I'd really like to see is having THREE STRAIGHT Belicheck Trophies!

Wow, great article. Didn't know all that about the Packers.

warjag said:
Unlike the whole nation. I want you guys if you beat us to keep it going. I here from all people that they want your run to end. Remember 60% of the population here hates the Jags there from up north.

Denver, Twinks(Colts), Cincy and my most hated team Pitts.

Beat the heck out of them if you beat us.

Thanks warjag.

I can easily say if your team beats ours tonight, I will gladly root for them the rest of the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down