PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to put a beating on Dallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeauOUCH

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Wade Phillips! I hate this fuggin guy.

In 1999 Doug Flutie led the Bills to a 10-5 record & playoff berth, Wade Phillips rested his starters ( including Flutie ) for the last game of the year. Flutie wanted to play but was assured by Wade that he was just resting him & he was his playoff starter.

Rob Johnson played well in the last game of the season ( meaningless game ) so Wade "douchebag" Phillips decided to bench Flutie in favor of the immortal Rob Johnson in their 1st playoff game. The Bills put up a whopping 16 points & lost the game.

I still think this is one of the most douchebag moves in coaching history.

So true.
The guy is a fat PIG!

He'll get dealt with.

The only thing worse that what Philips did to Flutie was Parcells negotiating with the Jets while he was in New Orleans with the Patriots, supposedly getting the team ready for the Superbowl.
Now that my friends, is a douche bag move!

Wade Phillips! I hate this fuggin guy.

In 1999 Doug Flutie led the Bills to a 10-5 record & playoff berth, Wade Phillips rested his starters ( including Flutie ) for the last game of the year. Flutie wanted to play but was assured by Wade that he was just resting him & he was his playoff starter.

Rob Johnson played well in the last game of the season ( meaningless game ) so Wade "douchebag" Phillips decided to bench Flutie in favor of the immortal Rob Johnson in their 1st playoff game. The Bills put up a whopping 16 points & lost the game.

I still think this is one of the most douchebag moves in coaching history.

I am so glad you brought this up! I was screaming exactly this at the TV :)rolleyes: ) during last night's game when they were remarking about how he won the job at Dallas by convincing them that he took every team that he started to playoffs or something like that. Flutie and the Bills got Robbed.

I am so glad you brought this up! I was screaming exactly this at the TV :)rolleyes: ) during last night's game when they were remarking about how he won the job at Dallas by convincing them that he took every team that he started to playoffs or something like that. Flutie and the Bills got Robbed.

Wasn't this a Ralph Wilson move? That's what everyone in Buf says.

Wasn't this a Ralph Wilson move? That's what everyone in Buf says.

I am going by the explanations and interviews he gave just before the playoffs and I remember the announcers agreeing with him that you can't let the franchise QB sit during the playoffs.

If it is true that his hands were tied by the owner and that he took the high road, then I take back my criticism a bit. However, I don't think we will know the behind-the-doors workings of any pro team but do feel that irrespective of what pressure he/she faces, any coach should be strong enough to decide which player to play.

Is is just me or does Wade Phillips remind you of that old coach from The Waterboy that fired Bobby Bouche.

Why would anyone need a reason to beat up and embarrass the Cowboys? Isn't their history of arrogance enough?

It is more than enough for me, I hate the Cowboys as much as I hate the Yankees.

i was born and raised near philadelphia before becoming a diehard pats fan in 1986.

trust me when when i tell u that nobody needs a reason to put a beating on "america" team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back