Another reason to hate Plaxico Burress - totally disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us have to admit that Plaxico Burress came up with

the winning play when it counted. He has earned the right

to shoot his mouth off.

3 superbowls > 1 superbowl

plax has nothing on us

Man, no joke. NY has just the worst fans in the world. I really hope the world saw that these last few months. The Giants beating the Pats really seemed to kick thier jerkiness into overdrive.

Totally agreed.

Based on the article, I thought he signed 'over' the logo and thought it was disrespectful. But when I had a look at the photo, count me among those who just smiled and shurgged it off.

It's not as if he scribbled over any of our logos or wrote anything disrespectful.

My thoughts exactly; no big deal at all. Then again, I'm not a fan of whining about disrespect; it's usually just another way of saying that no one's feeding my ego.

Last edited:
He's an idiot.

What you wrote makes no sense to me. I'm assuming that this is a private person's chair because it's in a Sirius office. If the writing comes off, then fine, no harm no foul. But if it were my chair and it now has permanent ink on it, then yeah this is pretty classless.

Those recliners cost about $800+ and so I highly doubt if it is a 'private person's chair' sitting at Sirius office. (trust me on that # because I was toying with the idea of purchasing a similar Pats recliner at the MLB All Star fanfest held at the Jacob Jarvis centre here in Manhattan the previous weekend; the company that makes these recliners had a tent and was offering some attractive prices with free shipping. :) )

I used the comparison you think as senseless because he was there on his book publicity tour - which usually consists of an entourage, most of whom I suspect in this case might be Giants fans.

And sorry, I don't get your concluding lines. Looks like the thread was created by a Pats fan pissed off at what PB wrote on a chair that contained the Pats logos. Doubt if the fan was the owner of the chair venting his frustruation on what PB did to his chair ;)

Debate is whether what PB did was classless or not. Doesn't matter if he used a permanent ink or not. :)

I wanted to get worked up about this, but I couldn't. This sort of thing happens from time to time.

Some people have brought up the post-game dancing in San Diego as an example of Patriots players showing "disrespect." There was also the time, after Super Bowl 36, that Larry Izzo, Terrell Buckley and at least one other former Dolphin sent a picture to their ex-teammates in Miami flipping off the camera, with their SB rings on their middle fingers.

Burress didn't even come close to that example. Maybe if he crossed out the Patriots championships or if a non-Giants player did that, I'd consider getting upset about it.

Exactly. It's pointless to stay mad at the Giants because we probably won't play them for another three years and by then they could be an entirely different squad.

This is not a big deal at all. So what? He signed his name and put XLII Champs! Where is the big deal in that? It's not like he said: "C-H-E-A-T-E-R-S", or "18-1*". Now THAT would be classless. He was simply just jabbing at us the same as anybody else would. And you know if we won and Randy Moss did the same thing to one of the Giants' chairs, we'd all shrug this off and say, "LOL, that's just Randy being Randy!"

ICONATOR_2f97d6aa81e801f34ba242ef681803b8.jpg

Hey, it's okay. This gives the first Pats player visiting the Sirius studio after this season ends the opportunity to write, "One Hit Wonder," under Plax's name. Hopefully it's Brady in his post-Superbowl victory interview.

Hey, it's okay. This gives the first Pats player visiting the Sirius studio after this season ends the opportunity to write, "One Hit Wonder," under Plax's name. Hopefully it's Brady in his post-Superbowl victory interview.

Good idea! Hope Brady or whoever writes it does it on the Jints' recliner. ;)

What you wrote makes no sense to me. I'm assuming that this is a private person's chair because it's in a Sirius office. If the writing comes off, then fine, no harm no foul. But if it were my chair and it now has permanent ink on it, then yeah this is pretty classless.

So what you are saying is if the writing is removed there is nothing big about it.

How about if someone spray painted a swastika on the side of your house? -Would that be no harm and no foul or would you try to find out who did it and beat the crap out of him? - Spray paint could be removed as well but does not take away from the intent.

Dumb answer IMO...

So what you are saying is if the writing is removed there is nothing big about it.

How about if someone spray painted a swastika on the side of your house? -Would that be no harm and no foul or would you try to find out who did it and beat the crap out of him? - Spray paint could be removed as well but does not take away from the intent.

Dumb answer IMO...
What if someone spray painted your ass with a bullseye, but the bullet missed? Would that be no harm no foul? Or would you beat the crap out of who did it? Does this mean you think Plax should have his assed kicked? This thing is absolutely comical. Whoever the rightful owner is will surely get a new, unscathed chair from Plax if they so desire, but my guess is they'll keep this new, more valuable chair, and make it a center piece of the studio.

Interesting that we point out the same conclusion. This is what I responded to that post in the previous sheet:

------------
And sorry, I don't get your concluding lines. Looks like the thread was created by a Pats fan pissed off at what PB wrote on a chair that contained the Pats logos. Doubt if the fan was the owner of the chair venting his frustruation on what PB did to his chair ;)

Debate is whether what PB did was classless or not. Doesn't matter if he used a permanent ink or not. :)

--------------

Hold on hold on hold on whatever you feel about this, think for a minute:

We beat the Rams in 01, and after the game it was just a matter of "Hey. We COULD do it."

But nobody even thought about the Rams being the Big Bad Rams after that. I mean it's not even about class. Had Brady or Troy Brown seen a Rams recliner with "Greatest Show on Turf," regardless of all "classiness" analysis, it just wouldn't make sense for either of them to pull the same stunt. The Rams were yesterday's news the day after the game.

In a way this, the * talk, the "18-1" bull****, etc., are all a sort of backhanded compliment.

Nobody would pull that stunt if they didn't understand they were sniping at what is STILL the dominant team in the league. If the Patriots were yesterday's news, well, that's just taking a potshot at a team that's irrelevant.

What Plax is saying is "we got away with one... against THESE GUYS!"

So yeah if you're pissed you're pissed, if you see it as "who cares," you see it as "who cares." But what it really says is "We beat the Team To Beat. Wheeeee!"

That's not the statement of a guy who IS the best, it's the statement of a guy who beat the best, and is damn proud of it.

Just sayin'

PFnV

What I want to know is what is a Pats recliner doing in a Manhattan office? If it does, indeed, belong to a Patriots fan who ponied up the $1k those things cost, I'd demand that Plaxipuke buy a replacement and personally hand-deliver it.

Just came across this thread I had posted months ago and some of the responses were almost right on target months earlier.

KARMA IS A B!TCH, PLAXICO BABY!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
yep. have fun in jail Plaxico.

it's a lot easier to convince a bunch of old fat white guys that you are a thug than the fellas in the state prison. Good luck with that.

Not that we didn't know you were a phony. The shooting yourself in the leg thing kinda gave it away.

time to make the act real, or get the **** kicked out of you on a regular basis.

I didn't even read the responses to my prior post till just now.

But do some of you really believe this is the equivalent of someone spraying a swastika on your house?

You need to do some soul-searching and get some real perspective about life if you really feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back