PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to hate Plaxico Burress - totally disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about the game.

How long is his 15 min? It's about 6 months and counting now.

Don't worry. People will forget about the Giants on a whole by week 12, after thier 4 game losing streak. Best case scenario for the Giants is 10-6, and a wildcard blowout at New Orleans or Seattle.

Last edited:
Burress has always been immature. Its one of the reasons the Steelers were willing to let him go. He's your classic athlete that has been protected and coddled his whole life because of his athletic skills. No accountability, no boundries. Me me me.
Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!

I agree. If his attitude was better, I think he is a great player. A 1-2 combo of Hines and Plaxico would have rivaled any in the league. Guys like Plax just need to come over the middle a time or 2 and they'll learn.

the guy that really irritated me was eli when he went on letterman after the super bowl. letterman asked him why he thought belichick left the field with 1 second left. eli said "i don't know. Maybe he was trying to beat traffic." that to me is far worse than what plax did. we are like 10-4 or something against the manning family since 2000, so eli knows we own them.

Seriously? He's on Letterman for cryin' out loud. It's a comedy show. He is trying to be funny. It would be far worse if he did it in the post-game press conference, but on Letterman, it was probably scripted anyway.

Neither this, nor the Burress thing is a big deal. They won the game. They get to do these things.

Seriously? He's on Letterman for cryin' out loud. It's a comedy show. He is trying to be funny. It would be far worse if he did it in the post-game press conference, but on Letterman, it was probably scripted anyway.

Neither this, nor the Burress thing is a big deal. They won the game. They get to do these things.

Funny,I don't remember any Patriot player bashing or doing something to the Rams when they made the statement "Tonight a dynasty is born" and was never mentioned by Brady when he was on the Tonight show or Letterman a few days later following the victory. - Its called class

Funny,I don't remember any Patriot player bashing or doing something to the Rams when they made the statement "Tonight a dynasty is born" and was never mentioned by Brady when he was on the Tonight show or Letterman a few days later following the victory. - Its called class

I remember Pats players dancing on the logo in San Diego. I remember Bruschi doing an interview on the field after the 2005 divisional game (04 season) against the Colts mocking them for "chaning the rules" and something about their complaing about the slow track.

Was that classless? No. The Pats won those games. The Giants won this one. Deal with it.

Here's the reality of Plaxico and the Giants, they will finish 9-7 this year, they'll miss out on the playoffs and they'll be watching us in January from their couches. That team has half the talent that we have and Eli will revert back to being the same ole Eli that we all know. That team used up all of it's luck for the next decade in that one game, they're done, welcome back to mediocrity Eli and Plax, welcome back. Enjoy sniffing the backside of the Dallas and Philly.

Got nothing on the substance of my post I see, pal. Typical--great at calling folks who don't agree with him names, but nothing of substance to contribute to the discussion. Moron.....
First of all, I'm not your "pal." Secondly, you graphically illustrate your true colors when you correctly criticize me for calling you names (dipsh!t, etc.) and then end your critique by doing exactly the same to me (moron). Just try, for once, to be honest. PB, any other member of the Giants, any other member of any NFL team other than the Patriots and anyone willing to denigrate the Patriots will earn your support because you so feverishly hate a team you know your team cannot possibly be better than. What really grabs at your gut is that you know that the real reason your team can't be anything close to the equal of the Patriots is that your players, coaches, front office, scouts and everyone else employed by your team are significantly wanting when compared with New England's personnel and other employees. Spygate simply provided you with the typical enabler's excuse: it's not possible that they they could be so much better than us, so let's blame it on them being "cheaters." You exhibit the prototypical characteristic of a "wannabe": since I (and my team) can't measure up, I'll blame my abject failure on someone else.

This article and pic really pissed me off,No matter how small of a thing this may mean to some of you - A total disrespect by this punk WR to the championships and accomplishments this team has done this decade .

Sort of like vandalizing a building with spray paint IMO

Burress is an arrogant bastard

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/plax-pats-can-sit-on-it.html

not to bash on the Pats, but Tom Brady was arrogant with the quote that Burress said before the SB

Here's the reality of Plaxico and the Giants, they will finish 9-7 this year, they'll miss out on the playoffs and they'll be watching us in January from their couches. That team has half the talent that we have and Eli will revert back to being the same ole Eli that we all know. That team used up all of it's luck for the next decade in that one game, they're done, welcome back to mediocrity Eli and Plax, welcome back. Enjoy sniffing the backside of the Dallas and Philly.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

better than putting an * on the chair at least. i dont care really, all this patriots hate does not mean much to me anymore, i am not getting caught up in the frenzy again this year

I would never wish bad luck to anyone but this team really has it coming....they took this SB Win to far with all the things that have occurred since February. :eek:

I remember Pats players dancing on the logo in San Diego. I remember Bruschi doing an interview on the field after the 2005 divisional game (04 season) against the Colts mocking them for "chaning the rules" and something about their complaing about the slow track.

Was that classless? No. The Pats won those games. The Giants won this one. Deal with it.

If you can't see the difference between a group celebration on the field of competition immediately following an exceptionally hard fought battle; and a single individual 7 months after his victory defacing private property that just happens to bear the logo of the team your team defeated....... then I think you are clearly predisposed toward the opinion and are not viewing with unbiased eyes.

Also; note that "dancing on the other teams logo" ..... just happens to coincide in a playoff game at an opponents home stadium with dancing at "midfield". In the immediate aftermath of a game - EXACTLY WHERE ELSE in the stadium with fans, security commentators and other team guys wandering all over the stadium & field would you suggest they gather. Midfield is where most players on both sides gravitate to to shake hands w/ opponents & to greet their own players who were on the field for the last play etc etc . Midfield & the logo was just a happenstance for the majority of players; the one or two who you could accsue of doing it deliberately were self-admittedly 'rather immature'. Burress is not exactly a rookie anymore.

All that said; it doesn't bother me much that Burress just proves he is a jerk and immature clown.

I wonder though if any of you giving outs to Burress would feel any different if the 'private property' in question wasn't corporate property but was actually an individual Patriot's fan's property who happened to work there and brought it in for his own personal use.

I wonder though if any of you giving outs to Burress would feel any different if the 'private property' in question wasn't corporate property but was actually an individual Patriot's fan's property who happened to work there and brought it in for his own personal use.

Okay, first of all, I CAN NOT see the difference (heat of the game, months later, etc etc etc) between the two.

Or rather I can see that I "can" see the difference. Nobody in SD, obviously, can see the difference.

The basic category is: generally taunting the enemy.

Now, if you announced ahead of time "taunting the enemy is okay up until a certain amount of time has passed," etc., then we have the possibility of an objective determination. But nobody has so codified the "rules" of "class."

The Chargers especially have talked a blue streak about "class" regarding the Patriots. I hear "Wahhhhhhh." I think this applies regarding all these questions.

As to this emphasis on "private property," I would suggest you check ebay to determine the comparative value of property so defaced by a sports superstar versus the value of said property in pristine condition.

Were the property actually owned by a Pats fan, I would recommend that said individual make use of the courts, or, if he fears that litigation will favor the wealthy, that he cleverly divest himself of the pristine, superstar-signed property, and use the proceeds to purchase a pristine seat, pocketing the difference for his time, trouble and frustration.

PFnV

Its a leather chair. It can be wiped off in 30 seconds with a cleaner. Not classy; but no big deal. Now if it was cloth and permanent, thats no good...

Sounds like a joke to me. It's not like he intended the Patriots to see it. Which brings me back to the question; why is this news?

not to bash on the Pats, but Tom Brady was arrogant with the quote that Burress said before the SB

i don't think he was trying to be arrogant. It came across as arrogant though. Brady was laughing only because Plax' was disrespecting the patriots. in any event, plax is not a hall of fame receiver by any means. Hines Ward was the best receiver on the steelers and the steelers won a super bowl without plax (the year after he left i think).

Count me on the side that really doesn't see what the big fuss is all about. Its not like he wrote anything disrespectful. And its not like the chair is in Foxboro in the Pats locker room.

Last edited:
I wanted to get worked up about this, but I couldn't. This sort of thing happens from time to time.

Some people have brought up the post-game dancing in San Diego as an example of Patriots players showing "disrespect." There was also the time, after Super Bowl 36, that Larry Izzo, Terrell Buckley and at least one other former Dolphin sent a picture to their ex-teammates in Miami flipping off the camera, with their SB rings on their middle fingers.

Burress didn't even come close to that example. Maybe if he crossed out the Patriots championships or if a non-Giants player did that, I'd consider getting upset about it.

All of us have to admit that Plaxico Burress came up with

the winning play when it counted. He has earned the right

to shoot his mouth off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back