PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to hate Plaxico Burress - totally disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the article, I thought he signed 'over' the logo and thought it was disrespectful. But when I had a look at the photo, count me among those who just smiled and shurgged it off.

It's not as if he scribbled over any of our logos or wrote anything disrespectful.

Wonder how any of the Celtics players would react if the fans in a sports place in downtown Boston where the player is releasing his book find a huge Lakers recliner that lists their previous championships. Both the fans and the player's reaction would follow the 'not in my house' syndrome, right? Isn't this the same case here?

Quite agree that Plaxico could have just walked off. But come on, in front of all the Giants fans probably goading him to say/do something, he could have done worse. :cool:

Footnote: I never liked Plaxico based on the way he whined his way out of Pittsburgh. After reading some snippets of his recent book at my local Borders, my contempt for him increased. He portrays himself and the Giants' as holier-than-thou players who don't talk trash, don't react and always kept mum against all the trash thrown at them by the Pats players. Yeah right...;)

What you wrote makes no sense to me. I'm assuming that this is a private person's chair because it's in a Sirius office. If the writing comes off, then fine, no harm no foul. But if it were my chair and it now has permanent ink on it, then yeah this is pretty classless.

While we did have our chance and "left it all out on the field" - what he did is the sign of an arrogant prick with no respect for the game.

Somehow by signing that he thinks he "owns" us or something? You got lucky one time, let's see you win another in your career, nevermind three going on more.

Sorry, he fits right into a city that is fast becoming uglier than Philly.

And in showig how classess one man is, you insult a whole city. :rolleyes:

Huh.

I know deep in my bones all you guys are going to immediately jump on me saying "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WAS THE SUPERBOWL" or "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WAS IN WRITING" or "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT HAD ALL OUR SUPER BOWL ACCOMPLISHMENTS WRITTEN ON THE CHAIR" or "IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WASN'T OUT ON THE FIELD IN THE HEAT OF THE GAME"

but...

Ellis Hobbs.

Don't be a bunch of hypocrites. I thought Ellis dancing on the logo was pretty funny given all the hype and all the obnoxious chargers fans I'd seen before the game.

So don't be dumb. Sure it's bulletin board material, but Plax et al. won't be there next year to pay the price, some other team will... it pisses me off but I can't very well be whining about "no class" Plax, when I thought Ellis Hobbs was hilarious when he mocked Merriman's little dance on their logo.

That was pretty classless too. and I remember plenty on here called him out on it.

Plax is an ahole no denying it.

I see it as borderline smack talk. As annoying as it is, it's not necessarily bad. He's trying to generate a rivalry, and that's what athletes do. Plus, those chairs are three years old. I don't think Belichick et al are particularly bothered by it.

The Patriots can't stop Plaxico from being a low class jerk. He shames himself, his team, and the Giants fans.

But if the Patriots players don't like this, there is one thing in their control. They can win.

I hate it as much as the next guy but it's what we get for losing the game. It sucks, and Burress will be shut up this season when they don't repeat, but for now we have to suck it up and deal with it. They won.

I hate it as much as the next guy but it's what we get for losing the game. It sucks, and Burress will be shut up this season when they don't repeat, but for now we have to suck it up and deal with it. They won.

This.

Though if someone on our team ever did this it would be near the top of SportsCenter.

And in showig how classess one man is, you insult a whole city. :rolleyes:

There are thousands of such stories in that naked city......yeah, I did insult the entire city, two as a matter of fact (I mentioned they are worse than Philly now) how about we throw in classless San Diego and make it a trifecta.

As for me, give me that dirty water anytime....

This article and pic really pissed me off,No matter how small of a thing this may mean to some of you - A total disrespect by this punk WR to the championships and accomplishments this team has done this decade .

Sort of like vandalizing a building with spray paint IMO

Burress is an arrogant bastard

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/plax-pats-can-sit-on-it.html

imo not a big deal. if anything. it just reminds burress that the patriots won 3 super bowls in 4 years. one super bowl doesn't mean much comparatively. plus didn't we beat his steelers a couple of times in the playoffs on route two our super bowl wins? i enjoyed reading the part about him having a rocky relationship with coughlin. coughlin will no doubt read the part where he said cowher is the coolest coach he's ever had. with burress and shockey and osi causing trouble, the giants have their hands full with off the field issues.

the guy that really irritated me was eli when he went on letterman after the super bowl. letterman asked him why he thought belichick left the field with 1 second left. eli said "i don't know. Maybe he was trying to beat traffic." that to me is far worse than what plax did. we are like 10-4 or something against the manning family since 2000, so eli knows we own them.

He is really ugly.

imo not a big deal. if anything. it just reminds burress that the patriots won 3 super bowls in 4 years. one super bowl doesn't mean much comparatively. plus didn't we beat his steelers a couple of times in the playoffs on route two our super bowl wins? i enjoyed reading the part about him having a rocky relationship with coughlin. coughlin will no doubt read the part where he said cowher is the coolest coach he's ever had. with burress and shockey and osi causing trouble, the giants have their hands full with off the field issues.

the guy that really irritated me was eli when he went on letterman after the super bowl. letterman asked him why he thought belichick left the field with 1 second left. eli said "i don't know. Maybe he was trying to beat traffic." that to me is far worse than what plax did. we are like 10-4 or something against the manning family since 2000, so eli knows we own them.

Talk about Classless.....What a waste of talent.

"Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!"

B-I-N-G-O; don't hate Burress, shame on the Patriots for blowing the game and allowing him to gloat.
This makes no sense at all. It has nothing to do with winning or losing. If you think that being part of a team that won a game gives you license to do whatever you want, right or wrong, and it is the fault of the team that lost, you are severely deficient in the ethics and responsibility department.

Isn't it perhaps a bit of payback for all the crap he took when he predicted his team would win the game, 23-17? Wasn't that what he was supposed to say?

Talk about karma coming back to bite someone--remember Brady's retort of "Has he seen our offense play this year? What, is Plax going to play defense?", which for some unknown reason never got near the coverage that Plax's prediction got (although I can personally guarantee you that it didn't go unnoticed in the G-Men's locker room), I mean if that's not trash talking before a game, what is? That's a statement that got it's just karmic deserts.....

So, it's ok for Plax to talk smack about them beating the Pats before the game, but for Brady to respond to it is off limits? Who did he take crap from? Not the Patriots (with the exception of Brady's statement).

And what about all of the Giants "We wore black because we are coming to the Patriots funeral" garbage? That went unnoticed by everyone outside of New England. As did the wonderful Micahel Strahan saying "We Stomped Your As$es" at the victory rally. Imagine the tables were reversed and Randy Moss said that. The coverage by ESPN would have been nonstop.

There are 31 teams in the NFL who can say whatever they want, and it gets minimal media. But if the Patriots give another team a funny look or *gasp* score too many points, then break out the extra large table for all of the people on NFL Live talking about what a bunch of jerks play for the New England Patriots and how every fan of the team should be ashamed.

Isn't it perhaps a bit of payback for all the crap he took when he predicted his team would win the game, 23-17? Wasn't that what he was supposed to say?

Talk about karma coming back to bite someone--remember Brady's retort of "Has he seen our offense play this year? What, is Plax going to play defense?", which for some unknown reason never got near the coverage that Plax's prediction got (although I can personally guarantee you that it didn't go unnoticed in the G-Men's locker room), I mean if that's not trash talking before a game, what is? That's a statement that got it's just karmic deserts.....

Great comment, and it reminded me that it's been too long since I told you to eat a big bag o'd!cks. Say hi to all the coeds at Harvard Law next time you stop by for one of those [troll] alumni events and, also, GFY. :D Did I mention GFY? Good.

Isn't it perhaps a bit of payback for all the crap he took when he predicted his team would win the game, 23-17?

Maybe he shouldn't have predicted it at all, numbnuts. I don't see why you're bashing Brady when Plax made the prediction to begin with. Oh, wait, you don't like the Patriots, so everyone else is right and the Patriots are wrong.

They asked him who was going to win the game--what was he supposed to say, "oooh, I'm scared of the big, bad Patriots"? Of course, he's supposed to say I think we'll win the game, but in a respectful manner, which he was. He simply predicted his team would win and gave the score he thought would be the final score. He didn't "guarantee" a win or anything like that. It was all pretty low key, yet he got a lot of crap for it, including on this board, while Brady got none for what was much more "bulletin board" material-like. Come on, anyone not a Pats' homer can clearly see that.

Here's a story on it for those who may have forgotten, which includes the relevant quotes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3222404

The "come on, is Plax going to play defense" is the one that really got me personally. Tom Brady is usually much smarter than that.....

Come on, FF. You make no sense. Why is it ok for Plaxico Burress to say something and then not ok for Brady to respond. I never had a problem with Plaxico saying that because I agree...I would expect him to say his team would win. (Unfortunatley I can't find the thread, I was gonna link to it)

But why can't Brady reply? That is asinine.

Ooo fugg I just got kicked in the FRAMe!

Okay, for everyone who said and stuck with "Ellis Hobbs was classless for dancing on the logo," I take it back.

Me, personally, I don't think I said that. It depends if I was in a high-horse contrarian mood or in a beavis/butthead mood.

Granted, if any Patriot so much as breathes wrong, there's a camera ("ha! Ha! A camera! Ironic huh! Get it? Camera!") there and a bunch of lower simians like Schlereth shaking their heads and saying "shocking. Shocking."

But I just can't get all up in arms when people do what we did - it's basically the same thing as Ellis' move.

Okay if you think the logo dance was classless, you are right, Plax has no class. Me, I WOULD have thought it was classless before the game, but then I decided Merriman deserved to be mocked, after Ellis mocked him. I'm just reflecting on the nature of fanaticism I guess.

Trouble is it's hard to get your dander up once you've reflected on the fact that you felt it was okay when your guy did it.

So, my apologies for speaking for ANYBODY ELSE... speaking for me, I thought Ellis was pretty funny, Merriman shouldn't have had a ******ed dance to begin with, and the Chargers were crybabies (which I still think.)

So screw it, I figure. Enjoy the 1 ring, Plax.... you're looking at 8-8 next year.

PFnV

"Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!"

B-I-N-G-O; don't hate Burress, shame on the Patriots for blowing the game and allowing him to gloat.

Let him have his 15 minutes.

It's not about the game.

How long is his 15 min? It's about 6 months and counting now.

They asked him who was going to win the game--what was he supposed to say, "oooh, I'm scared of the big, bad Patriots"? Of course, he's supposed to say I think we'll win the game, but in a respectful manner, which he was. He simply predicted his team would win and gave the score he thought would be the final score. He didn't "guarantee" a win or anything like that. It was all pretty low key, yet he got a lot of crap for it, including on this board, while Brady got none for what was much more "bulletin board" material-like. Come on, anyone not a Pats' homer can clearly see that.

Here's a story on it for those who may have forgotten, which includes the relevant quotes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3222404

The "come on, is Plax going to play defense" is the one that really got me personally. Tom Brady is usually much smarter than that.....
JC, you're back again? How many times does one dink have to get his ass kicked before he scurries back to the hole from which he originated? Go away, you phony dipsh!t...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back