PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another reason to hate Plaxico Burress - totally disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This article and pic really pissed me off,No matter how small of a thing this may mean to some of you - A total disrespect by this punk WR to the championships and accomplishments this team has done this decade .

Sort of like vandalizing a building with spray paint IMO

Burress is an arrogant bastard

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/plax-pats-can-sit-on-it.html

Last edited:
i think he took being a prick to a whole new level with that, no class what so ever, i really hope karma comes back to get him

i think he took being a prick to a whole new level with that, no class what so ever, i really hope karma comes back to get him

Yeah I agree.....Karma will come back on these guys.....goodness...:eek::eek:

Yeah I agree.....Karma will come back on these guys.....goodness...:eek::eek:

He forgets he has to play the Pats on August 28....if he's not sitting demanding a new contract....

He forgets he has to play the Pats on August 28....if he's not sitting demanding a new contract....

Very true....then it will be Karma coming back on him.....It just amazes me...I wonder if Tom Coughlin will do anything about this....doubtful...It only goes to proves that NY Sports Teams will do anything to prove their worthiness in the world.:disagreement:

What a scumbag! Oh how I wish that last Feb we got the same thing from him as we did from his former teammate a few years ago.
MediumCryingHinesWhiney2.gif

Yikes, what a tool. And the Patriots are the team that America hates?!?

:confused:

Based on the article, I thought he signed 'over' the logo and thought it was disrespectful. But when I had a look at the photo, count me among those who just smiled and shurgged it off.

It's not as if he scribbled over any of our logos or wrote anything disrespectful.

Wonder how any of the Celtics players would react if the fans in a sports place in downtown Boston where the player is releasing his book find a huge Lakers recliner that lists their previous championships. Both the fans and the player's reaction would follow the 'not in my house' syndrome, right? Isn't this the same case here?

Quite agree that Plaxico could have just walked off. But come on, in front of all the Giants fans probably goading him to say/do something, he could have done worse. :cool:

Footnote: I never liked Plaxico based on the way he whined his way out of Pittsburgh. After reading some snippets of his recent book at my local Borders, my contempt for him increased. He portrays himself and the Giants' as holier-than-thou players who don't talk trash, don't react and always kept mum against all the trash thrown at them by the Pats players. Yeah right...;)

Burress has always been immature. Its one of the reasons the Steelers were willing to let him go. He's your classic athlete that has been protected and coddled his whole life because of his athletic skills. No accountability, no boundries. Me me me.
Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!

Based on the article, I thought he signed 'over' the logo and thought it was disrespectful. But when I had a look at the photo, count me among those who just smiled and shurgged it off.

It's not as if he scribbled over any of our logos or wrote anything disrespectful.

Wonder how any of the Celtics players would react if the fans in a sports place in downtown Boston where the player is releasing his book find a huge Lakers recliner that lists their previous championships. Both the fans and the player's reaction would follow the 'not in my house' syndrome, right? Isn't this the same case here?

Quite agree that Plaxico could have just walked off. But come on, in front of all the Giants fans probably goading him to say/do something, he could have done worse. :cool:

Footnote: I never liked Plaxico based on the way he whined his way out of Pittsburgh. After reading some snippets of his recent book at my local Borders, my contempt for him increased. He portrays himself and the Giants' as holier-than-thou players who don't talk trash, don't react and always kept mum against all the trash thrown at them by the Pats players. Yeah right...;)

If one of the Pats players did the same thing to the Rams in 01 I would have been just as irritated. Fan of the team or not, it's tacky and immature. I wouldn't be upset if it was a fan doing something like this but a professional athlete should be held to a higher standard. Plax is a whiny little b*tch. I can't say I'm surprised.

Last edited:
If one of the Pats players did the same thing to the Rams in 01 I would have been just as irritated. Fan of the team or not, it's tacky and immature. I wouldn't be upset if it was a fan doing something like this but a professional athlete should be held to a higher standard. Plax is a whiny little b*tch. I can't say I'm surprised.

Neither am I....being this downright ignorant is just the typical NY Sports way....

:eek:

The chair was in the control room of the Sirius studios, I highly doubt there was significant fan pressure for him to do something about the big, bad Patriots recliner.

This is a "hey-look-at-me" moment from a WR who thinks entirely too highly of himself and his team. He should enjoy it now because his team is going to struggle to win a wildcard.

"Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!"

B-I-N-G-O; don't hate Burress, shame on the Patriots for blowing the game and allowing him to gloat.

Let him have his 15 minutes.

"Sadly, the Patriots had a chance to shut this puke up for a long time... And they didn't do it!"

B-I-N-G-O; don't hate Burress, shame on the Patriots for blowing the game and allowing him to gloat.

Let him have his 15 minutes.

While we did have our chance and "left it all out on the field" - what he did is the sign of an arrogant prick with no respect for the game.

Somehow by signing that he thinks he "owns" us or something? You got lucky one time, let's see you win another in your career, nevermind three going on more.

Sorry, he fits right into a city that is fast becoming uglier than Philly.

Don't be surprised if a large format photo of "The Chair" is posted in the Pats locker room Jan 2009.

Last edited:
Plaxico Burress stats in SB 42 - 2 RECEPTIONS,27 YARDS,1 TD

Of course the TD he caught was the game clincher for NY but he was literally invisible that entire game only catching the very first pass from Eli and the last pass - If it were not for Tyree NE would be hoisting #4,NOT Plax who was fortunate to catch an easy lofted pass over what we found out to be an injured Hobbs.

27 Yards and his big mouth prediction before the game and he thinks he is the sh!t? - What an As$hole!

Sorry, he fits right into a city that is fast becoming uglier than Philly.

Man, no joke. NY has just the worst fans in the world. I really hope the world saw that these last few months. The Giants beating the Pats really seemed to kick thier jerkiness into overdrive.

Huh.

I know deep in my bones all you guys are going to immediately jump on me saying "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WAS THE SUPERBOWL" or "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WAS IN WRITING" or "ITS DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT HAD ALL OUR SUPER BOWL ACCOMPLISHMENTS WRITTEN ON THE CHAIR" or "IT'S DIFFERENT BECAUSE IT WASN'T OUT ON THE FIELD IN THE HEAT OF THE GAME"

but...

Ellis Hobbs.

Don't be a bunch of hypocrites. I thought Ellis dancing on the logo was pretty funny given all the hype and all the obnoxious chargers fans I'd seen before the game.

So don't be dumb. Sure it's bulletin board material, but Plax et al. won't be there next year to pay the price, some other team will... it pisses me off but I can't very well be whining about "no class" Plax, when I thought Ellis Hobbs was hilarious when he mocked Merriman's little dance on their logo.

Here's the thing. If the situation was the other way around, ESPN would have 24 hour coverage of "ChairGate" right now and idiots like Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson, and Mark Schereth would be screaming "CLASSLESS!" from the top of their lungs. The NYPost would find a way to tie BB's personal life into this, and Peter King's MMQB would start off with "So I got a text message from Brett Favre and he thinks he should be traded to the Pats to take care of this whole ChairGate mess".

But since it is happening to the Pats, everyone turns a blind eye, or acts like Plaxico did something heroic by doing that.

I guess all I want is some FRAMe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing