PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Raven retires; are they toast this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Ravens WR Bennett retires 2 days after signing - Associated Press - NFL - Sporting News

No Derrick Mason and now no Drew Bennett.

Who is Joe Flacco going to throw to, Todd Heap on crutches?

Think the Ravens had no passing game a month ago? How about now?

With this news, Ray Lewis a year older, and the off-season free agent moves up I-95 from Baltimore to New Jersey. I'd say Pittsburgh - a team with almost no free agent losses plus the addition of healthy offensive linemen - is going to waltz away with a division win and first round bye regardless of what happens with Roethlisberger in that mediocre division.

In the AFC West the Chargers have also pretty much already got the division title handed to them. It's going to be very difficult for the Pats, Colts, Titans, or anybody else to get a first round bye in 2009.

The Bengals will have a better record than the Ravens. Book it.

(as long as Palmer stays healthy)

They are toast regardless. Now Mason is back, they're still toast.

they didn't have much at WR and still got to the afc title. I do agree though that the Bengals will surprise people in that division this year.

they didn't have much at WR and still got to the afc title. I do agree though that the Bengals will surprise people in that division this year.

I agree, I have the Bengals finishing second in the AFC North with the Ravens fighting the Browns for worst record.

Still think the Steelers win the North Running away. Got them at 12+ wins this year. Starting week 1 vs the Titans.

I like the competition the Dolphins bring to the Pats this season, Parcells is a good guy to lead their decisions down there. I think the Pats actually have a tougher year. Jets don't really worry me, not if they can't run the ball. Bills...geesh...really...

Out west the Broncos have pretty much already cashed in the season, what a mess, the Chargers are what they are, under performing each season or losing in the playoffs. They should get 10 wins, maybe, but I like the Raiders to make a splash this year, we'll see. KC...not going to happen...yet.

South I still like the Colts, with the Titans having a tougher year, and the Jags one season away from moving to Orlando or LA. Texans, guess what, 8-8 again for the Texans.

Anyway, I think the Bengals win some games they shouldn't, and make a splash early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes