PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Raven Arrest

PatFanCraig

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ravens first round pick Jimmy Smith in 2011 was arrested after altercation with police officers. He was attending to a woman who was throwing up in the woman's bathroom. Police asked him to leave and told him they would attend to the woman. He refused and the police told Smith to allow them to do their jobs. He became hostile/used vulgar language and told police to mind their business. The police said this was their job to determine if paramedics were needed. And they also reminded Smith he was in a woman's bathroom in a nightclub. Smith cursed and said she doesn't need paramedics that he could take care of her. They warned him to leave unless she was his wife/family member or he would be arrested. He got more hostile and was placed under arrest. While handcuffed for 20 mins or so sitting behind tbe cop car the woman was stabalized. The police then came back to Smith and ask how he knew her? Was she a friend and if they came together. Smith replied he just met her that night and said he didn't know her before that. And seemed defensive that he barely knew her after telling the cops she was his responsibility.

Ironically Cocaine was found on the woman. Smith was very drunk but also very wired and wide eyed. He continued to scream at the police using vulgar language repeatedly. He told the cops they were losers and jealous he was an NFL star.

That was bad news for the ravens as many analysts pointed out he played lights out shutdown corner football the final part of the season and seemed to look like the player they hoped when they drafted him. I think he wanted the cops to leave her and tend to her himself for a reason. For a girl he was acting like was his gf or date or good friend,he suddenly barely knew her when questioned about his relationship to her. Shocking!! Another raven gentleman!! Let the girl take the rap by herself.

That happened almost a week ago. You might want to start threads on more timely topics - though at least this one is more recent than getting all excited about a 2 year old scouting report on Michael Buchanan.

Sorry, but ever since the events in North Attleboro in June of 2013 I can't help but feel a little hypocritical about taking pleasure when other teams' players get arrested.

Ravens first round pick Jimmy Smith in 2011 was arrested after altercation with police officers. He was attending to a woman who was throwing up in the woman's bathroom. Police asked him to leave and told him they would attend to the woman. He refused and the police told Smith to allow them to do their jobs. He became hostile/used vulgar language and told police to mind their business. The police said this was their job to determine if paramedics were needed. And they also reminded Smith he was in a woman's bathroom in a nightclub. Smith cursed and said she doesn't need paramedics that he could take care of her. They warned him to leave unless she was his wife/family member or he would be arrested. He got more hostile and was placed under arrest. While handcuffed for 20 mins or so sitting behind tbe cop car the woman was stabalized. The police then came back to Smith and ask how he knew her? Was she a friend and if they came together. Smith replied he just met her that night and said he didn't know her before that. And seemed defensive that he barely knew her after telling the cops she was his responsibility.

Ironically Cocaine was found on the woman. Smith was very drunk but also very wired and wide eyed. He continued to scream at the police using vulgar language repeatedly. He told the cops they were losers and jealous he was an NFL star.

That was bad news for the ravens as many analysts pointed out he played lights out shutdown corner football the final part of the season and seemed to look like the player they hoped when they drafted him. I think he wanted the cops to leave her and tend to her himself for a reason. For a girl he was acting like was his gf or date or good friend,he suddenly barely knew her when questioned about his relationship to her. Shocking!! Another raven gentleman!! Let the girl take the rap by herself.
If he could have gotten his fat percentage down to about 4%, this never would have happened.

That happened almost a week ago. You might want to start threads on more timely topics - though at least this one is more recent than getting all excited about a 2 year old scouting report on Michael Buchanan.

Excuse me dude I didn't know if everybody knew the details. And many of us were unaware of that scouting report. 2 years ago so what!! The encouraging thing is VARIOUS scouts were just rating raw movement skills and ability. And they saw Buchanan has similar raw ability as many top pass rush prospects that share same traits the NFL's top passrushers have. He just had an unfortunate incident that caused weight/strength/explosion loss and resulted in sluggish play and combine performance. Fortunately for us he has healed and regained form. I thought it was rather exciting and encouraging we got a bigger draft steal than we thought in terms of raw talent. And a more talented player than a recent #1 draft pick. Last I checked we could us an impact speed passrusher.

Sorry, but ever since the events in North Attleboro in June of 2013 I can't help but feel a little hypocritical about taking pleasure when other teams' players get arrested.

Yeah but our guy was unceremoniously kicked off the team and jerseys were returned. Their murderer was welcomed back with open arms and became the face and ultimate legacy of the franchise. Don't confuse a wingnut on the Pats with an endemic problem of the Ravens that they've openly embraced over the years.

... I thought it was rather exciting and encouraging we got a bigger draft steal than we thought in terms of raw talent. And a more talented player than a recent #1 draft pick. Last I checked we could us an impact speed passrusher.

except "we" didn't.

Kinda agree with Smith here.

Yeah but our guy was unceremoniously kicked off the team and jerseys were returned. Their murderer was welcomed back with open arms and became the face and ultimate legacy of the franchise. Don't confuse a wingnut on the Pats with an endemic problem of the Ravens that they've openly embraced over the years.
I likely didn't make myself clear. Believe me, I've always been both proud and appreciative of the relatively good decorum of our players off the field. But, the Hernandez situation is/was so egregious that I can't verbalize or express in writing any disdain for the off-field misbehavior of players on other teams without feeling a bit hypocritical. Just me....

Excuse me dude I didn't know if everybody knew the details. And many of us were unaware of that scouting report. 2 years ago so what!! The encouraging thing is VARIOUS scouts were just rating raw movement skills and ability. And they saw Buchanan has similar raw ability as many top pass rush prospects that share same traits the NFL's top passrushers have. He just had an unfortunate incident that caused weight/strength/explosion loss and resulted in sluggish play and combine performance. Fortunately for us he has healed and regained form. I thought it was rather exciting and encouraging we got a bigger draft steal than we thought in terms of raw talent. And a more talented player than a recent #1 draft pick. Last I checked we could us an impact speed passrusher.

Really? Cause I'd expect that pretty much everyone here reads most of the scouting reports on every player the Patriots draft. I know I do.

If he could have gotten his fat percentage down to about 4%, this never would have happened.

That's what he was helping the woman do.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back