PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another post from the NEInsider guy on ESPN Message Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, he posted again. I don't know if he is full of crap or has the real goods, but his last post got a lot of talk on this board and around town (Felger even addressed the post on his radio show). Well here is his latest:

Seems Mr Walsh has a problem sticking to any agreement. Multiple times the NFL and NE felt they had a deal and Mr Walsh and his lawyer have changed the ground rules. NE wants his head on a platter right about now and the NFL might be even more upset. Feeling is Mr Spector is orchestrating the entire thing. That isn't big news but it was interesting who said it.

Mr Walsh's lawyer is one of the biggest and highest priced lawyers in Washington DC. He is a $450+ an hour biller. He has defended a few Pols in some interesting situations. Ever wonder how Walsh is paying for him or even found this attorney?? Refer all questions to Senator Spector on that matter. Walsh couldn't afford Levy's weekly dry cleaning bill let alone the retainer which starts at $25K.

http://www.mckeenelson.com/attorneys/attorney.cfm?ID=748

NE has interest in Ty Law but Ty being Ty he has a rather inflated view of his value as a mid 30's corner. Bill would really like to get him because Bill and Pioli think they are in better shape than most "experts" think at corner with the signings made so far and it does look like Meriweather could make a permanent move to corner. The coaches felt no player on the team improved more over the last half of the season once he got into the program than Brandon.

Capers is really, really, really good folks. Look for some interesting defensive changes this year. Aggression is the word that comes up a lot.

Kudos to Moss. It is rare a player with his rare ability lives up to his word and takes less to stay with people and a team he actually, god forbid, enjoyed playing for. Moss was emotionally drained by the legal crap at the end of last year in Florida. Also look for Moss over the middle more this year. NE was NOT happy with that part of Stallworth's game. According to the coaches Moss is the toughest wide receiver on the team. Nobody was physically abused more than Moss and he never said a word or questioned a thing. Moss is the one that wants to run more crossing routes. His motto is, "if they whiff its six". Very hard not to like Moss once you meet him. very engaging young man.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2515087&lid=16

That is some awesome stuff right there.

wow. thanks for posting something that isn't littered with stupidity.

good stuff, even if it isn't true.

What is the impetus for any "agreement" with Walsh? just let him slow burn in silence. If Spector is the man who supposedly "wants" an agreement, but Spector is actually undermining the ability to reach said agreement, then why bother? Walsh's ability to tell his fantasies serves no compelling public interest.

As far Merriweather, i do not have a warm and fuzzy over his moving to cb. At the senior bowl drills he was very quick and adept, and held up reasonably well in the preseason. But he was becoming dynamic as a FS toward the end of the season and I see no reason to set him up for future failure by forcing a position change.

Ty Law..ZZZZZ. who cares.

Moss is everything a Pats fan could want. We are truly lucky to have him. And when Chad Jackson starts producing and flashing big time ability this season, Moss will deserve alot of the credit for mentoring the kid.

Last edited:
If this is true, then it sure seems like taking a CB at #7 is off the board.

Interesting. Has this person posted in the past and been right?

I still think Meriweather is going to be too good at FS to move to CB. To me, really, him at FS really solves a lot of problems and makes this defense MUCH better. We were basically starting two strong safeties (Harrison and Sanders) for a lot of the year, and by my pedestrian understanding, in a cover 3 thats the last thing you'd want given you're asking one of your safeties to cover a lot of range.

As for Moss, I'd love to see them send him over the middle more. Just look at the Colts and Super Bowl games, the drives that brought us back in the game relied heavily on intermediate routes for Moss that took him inside.

Ty Law, love to see him back. And I'd be willing to pay a little more than others would to have him back.

Glad to hear about Capers and "aggression". I'm loving it. Hope all this stuff is true.

Last edited:
My personal take with Specter/Walsh is that Specter doesn't want Walsh to talk ever or at least until after his book hits the stands for a few months. Specter is loving the publicity and attention. Since a large portion of the media doesn't want to tarnish Walsh's credibility until they hear what he has will stop them from trying to find a connection between Walsh, Levy, Specter, and/or Comcast.

If the media finds a connection between Specter and Levy in regards to Walsh, whatever Walsh has to say is tarnished potentially beyond repair unless he has proof. Since the general media really doesn't care about this story and it is basically the sports media that does, it is more important for them to have the dirt on Belichick and the Patriots than Specter. I think if the general media cared more about this story, they might approach it towards what is Specter's involvement and agenda in all of this. Until Walsh speaks though, no one outside of the ESPN, SI, NY Times Sports pages world of media cares.

As for Meriweather, I personally have always thought that he could end up anywhere in the secondary and his experiment at CB last preseason wasn't just an "in case Samuel sits out" move. He does have the physical skills to be a very good CB. He gotta work on those hands though.

As for Capers, I think this move will be a great move. I am guessing he will ultimately end up being the defacto DC and potential the actual DC next season. His defenses have always been more agressive than many other ones.

If the media finds a connection between Specter and Levy in regards to Walsh, whatever Walsh has to say is tarnished potentially beyond repair unless he has proof. Since the general media really doesn't care about this story and it is basically the sports media that does, it is more important for them to have the dirt on Belichick and the Patriots than Specter. I think if the general media cared more about this story, they might approach it towards what is Specter's involvement and agenda in all of this.

It wouldn't just tarnish Walsh either - Specter would look awful if such a connection were found. It'd probably make everyone realize what a joke it is that a Senator is spending his time on something like this.

Now that I think about it Capers is a pretty strong defensive guy, and the two corners they signed were starters, albeit on marginal teams.

Wouldn't it be funny if NEinsider was Ernie Adams or somebody lol

It wouldn't just tarnish Walsh either - Specter would look awful if such a connection were found. It'd probably make everyone realize what a joke it is that a Senator is spending his time on something like this.

I do think it would tarnish Walsh's credibility. It would definitely hurt Specter more, but by hiding the Specter connection to the whole thing would raise doubts to what the agenda was or if Walsh was encouraged to embellish what he had to say to push Specter's agenda. I think if Levy is being funded by Specter and/or Comcast and found out, I think many honest journalists will discount anything Walsh has to say that isn't supported by evidence.

I do think it would tarnish Walsh's credibility. It would definitely hurt Specter more, but by hiding the Specter connection to the whole thing would raise doubts to what the agenda was or if Walsh was encouraged to embellish what he had to say to push Specter's agenda. I think if Levy is being funded by Specter and/or Comcast and found out, I think many honest journalists will discount anything Walsh has to say that isn't supported by evidence.

They all want to be on spectre's side because they don't have anything to gain by the NFL channell becoming mainstream. They would than have to compete with the NFL channel which has better access to the sport.

Even mainstream Media is in the same boat because just about all the major media outlets have sports covered.
What do they gain by the NFL channell being mainstream, that they could make up for with one scandal about a shady senator?

Most people who actually study or know this team believe that there is not a CB they would take at #7. If they go that route it will be a lineman, even if he projects as an OLB here. They likely really want to trade down to where they could possibly take a corner with a lot more upside yet representing a value compared to what they've mined in essentially day 2 picks to date. Just remains to be seen if some sucker outside the top 10 wants a player who's still on the board when #7 rolls around.

Bill wants Ty because Bill is a master at working around lost steps. I think he probably also believes that a more motivated (and better conditioned) Ty could potentially regain a half step and fill a starting role here in transition. Unfortunately getting Ty represented by a Poston to sign an agreement is about as frustrating as attempting to get Matt Walsh represented by a Levy to.

Still not buying the Specter connection, at least directly. Comcast, maybe via a lobbyiest with lots of DC connections. Some other self righteous mediot from the other 4 letter sports network equally likely. Florio claimed a couple of weeks ago he had information on who hooked Walsh and Levy up that disproved his personal speculation it was Specter - but he was claiming he would not reveal who the individual was because it was told to him (the rumor monger king) in confidentiality...

Now that I think about it Capers is a pretty strong defensive guy, and the two corners they signed were starters, albeit on marginal teams.

Wouldn't it be funny if NEinsider was Ernie Adams or somebody lol

Well, based on the post, it will probably be someone Adams' age. NEInsider calls Moss a young man. I can't see anyone in their 30s or early to mid 40s calling someone who is 30 a "very engaging young man".

Personally, I still question if this guy is really an insider. Some of what he said in his first post didn't ring true to me.

good stuff, even if it isn't true.

What he said!

You have to have intelligence and knowledge of the Patriots even to make this stuff up.

Well, based on the post, it will probably be someone Adams' age. NEInsider calls Moss a young man. I can't see anyone in their 30s or early to mid 40s calling someone who is 30 a "very engaging young man".

Personally, I still question if this guy is really an insider. Some of what he said in his first post didn't ring true to me.

Hah! Good catch...I completely failed to register that the first time through. Still implies nothing as to the probability of the remarks, but it adds an interesting wrinkle.

I really hope this ESPN guy is real....that was an awesome read for news starved fans of NE.

I love the Capers signing as it will be nice to get aggressive and make plays and maybe get away from this soft - let them screw up - defense.

Bend but do not break only works when the other team cannot sustain their drives - well, two years running now - we "broke" at the worst possible moment (even though the Giants sure did try to hand it to us)

Meriweather really did look good down the stretch and his increased playtime in playoffs & SB confirms what Mr. ESPN said.

Levy / Spector / Walsh are all related somehow - even if only by their personal agendas which having nothing to do with the truth, bit everything to do with money. Spector has a book, Comcast has a bought and paid for senator to use in their battle VS NFL Network, Walsh is a scumbag looking for anything so he does not have to greet people at Walmart and Levy is a typical lawyer (no scruples whatsoever). Follow the money.

I think we draft the best of what is there at #7 - and it wont be a corner....exciting to say the least.

Ty Law needs to figure his future value if he retires a Patriot - I think he would make out big time, in endorsements if he walks off with a ring - sign the damn contract Ty -you belong here.

They all want to be on spectre's side because they don't have anything to gain by the NFL channell becoming mainstream. They would than have to compete with the NFL channel which has better access to the sport.

Even mainstream Media is in the same boat because just about all the major media outlets have sports covered.
What do they gain by the NFL channell being mainstream, that they could make up for with one scandal about a shady senator?

I really doubt that NBC, CBS, or Fox are on Specter's side at all. They all have a lot to lose if Walsh opens a can of worms that causes not only the Pats, but other teams to be suspected of cheating to affect the outcome of games. These networks own NFL broadcasting rights that would that would lose them millions or even billions if people stop watching because they feel the games are fixed or rigged.

ESPN has a financial stake too, but are probably privately smarting since they paid a billion a year for Monday Night Football thinking it would be the premiere game of the week only for the NFL to make Sunday night the premiere game when NBC bought the rights and then made it so they couldn't broadcast their highly rated NFL Primetime since NBC has the exclusive national Sunday night rights to most of the highlight video.

I really doubt that NBC, CBS, or Fox are on Specter's side at all. They all have a lot to lose if Walsh opens a can of worms that causes not only the Pats, but other teams to be suspected of cheating to affect the outcome of games. These networks own NFL broadcasting rights that would that would lose them millions or even billions if people stop watching because they feel the games are fixed or rigged.

ESPN has a financial stake too, but are probably privately smarting since they paid a billion a year for Monday Night Football thinking it would be the premiere game of the week only for the NFL to make Sunday night the premiere game when NBC bought the rights and then made it so they couldn't broadcast their highly rated NFL Primetime since NBC has the exclusive national Sunday night rights to most of the highlight video.

They certainly are not doing anything to protect their money. If they felt they had more to lose from a cheating scandal than the NFL network than why don't they step up to the plate?

They certainly are not doing anything to protect their money. If they felt they had more to lose from a cheating scandal than the NFL network than why don't they step up to the plate?

Well, at this point, there is nothing to protect. The NFL hasn't really been hurt by any of this at this point. Besides, they have to be careful to not look like they are protecting their assets anyway.

I don't think the NFL Network is in jepordy in any way. If anything, Specter winning means that more people have access to the NFL Network since Specter wants both the NFL Network and Sunday Ticket on Comcast at affordable pricing. That directly goes against the best interest of NBC, CBS, and FOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing