PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another player the Pats "should have drafted" over McCourty gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ndamukong Suh and Carlos Dunlap are the only ones from last years Draft to have more then 5 sacks, to be fair to Jerry Hughes he never started a single game if you wanna call him a bust then you can say the same about Jermaine Cunningham who only had 1 sack and 27 tackles in 11 starts... most of the vets on the bord always say you Don't know how good a player really is untill he's 3rd year in the NFL and we all seen that to be true with BJGE who went from a no body to a 1000 yerd 13 TD running back in hes 3rd season

He certainly not a bust YET. He is a disapointment right now. This isn't the way to start his second season. The talk out of Indy is that he may lack the motivation neccessary to be a player.

The point of my original post was to counter all the negative posts after the draft last year who complained that the Pats got a special teamer/nickelback when they could have had a stud WR (Dez Bryant) or a premier pass rusher (Jerry Hughes). I have already said that Hughes could turn it around.

For all we know, McCourty may be an one year wonder and Hughes will go to the HOF. I never meant to put a definitive bust label on Hughes because it is too soon. But right now all those people who killed Belichick for taking McCourty over Hughes (or Dez Bryant) look a little foolish. Ultimately, they could be right, but it certainly doesn't look that way today.

Off topic, but what the hell was Eli Manning thinking with his pass???

Awful decision!

Maybe "it's no fun being Peyton's younger, lesser brother, let's try being BRETT FAVRE for a play!

Colts have had some pretty terrible drafts the last few years.

And it led to the worst Colts season yet last year. So Colts loaded up on OL in the draft this year once they realized that without protecting Manning, their team was toast no matter how many good wideouts they drafted.

For all we know, McCourty may be an one year wonder and Hughes will go to the HOF. I never meant to put a definitive bust label on Hughes because it is too soon. But right now all those people who killed Belichick for taking McCourty over Hughes (or Dez Bryant) look a little foolish. Ultimately, they could be right, but it certainly doesn't look that way today.

I'll put it more bluntly. McCourty and Bryant look like studs while Hughes has looked less than impressive. I'll take the stud CB over the stud WR on this team everytime. Great defensive backs are hard to find and so much more valuable in a pass oriented league.

I believe that I misread Hughes. He appeared to have great leg drive from the vids, but you gotta have a variety of pass rush moves or polish the few ones you do have to such an extent that you can beat the other guy even when they know what's coming, ie see Dwight Freeney. Hughes doesn't appear to be even close to Freeney at this point but his style did appear to be a fit for their system at the time of the draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back