Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another One

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Jug Ears going on another vacation, stick it to em Barry, they used to faint when you blew your nose, Maureen Dowd used to have wet dreams about taking a shower with you, I gotta hand to you your a little rascal, good luck to you kid, milk it for all it's worth.

Ice Cream (lol)
    DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

:bricks:
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Why would the President announce his plan now when both the House and Senate are off until after Labor Day?
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Well the American people would like to know that there is a plan one supposes. Of course the Senate still hasn't started work on the FY 2012 Budget.

Speaking of Jobs Obama's shiny new campaign bus (paid for by Taxpayers of course) was made in Canada not the USA......... can't make it up.
  4. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

The shell of the bus was made in Canada. The rest of it was made in the USA. Obama Tour Bus Made in America? Not Entirely - ABC News

Do you know that the a lot of parts made for GM/Ford/Chrysler are made in Canada and/or Mexico then assembled in the USA?

I drive a Subaru. It was designed in Japan and then assembled in Tennessee.
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

As usual - no link and not-quite-true. Exactly what we've come to expect from you, 13.

Since you were too lazy to link to your own information, I've taken the liberty of linking to the real story for you.

There are 2 buses - ordered by the Secret Service. One is for the Democratic candidate and the other is for the Republican candidate, once one has been decided upon.

In past years The Secret Service has rented buses and then gone to the expense of outfitting them with all of the security measures necessary - at cost to the taxpayers, of course.

These two buses will more than pay for themselves over their projected 10 year life span - thus making them more cost effective rather than less cost effective.

In other words, Obama isn't getting anything that Romney/Perry/Bachmann/Perry/Palin/whoever isn't getting, too.

Two of these superbuses were commissioned by the Secret Service to chauffeur the commander-in-chief around the country -- along with the eventual Republican presidential candidate and visiting dignitaries. While these babies don't come cheap, the protection service decided the buses, normally leased and retrofitted to provide presidential protection, would pay for themselves over their projected 10-year lifespan.

Obama bus catches buzz on the Web | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

More info on where the funds came from and who is expected to use them and why.

Obama traveling Midwest on new $1.1 million bus - Yahoo! News

As for being built in Canada - not really.

A luxury bus being used this week by U.S. President Barack Obama and built in part by a Quebec-based firm is causing quite a stir.

One prominent tabloid has chastised the president for using Canadian-made transportation during his economic recovery tour.

A New York Post piece on the bus ran with the headline: “Canucklehead Obama bus-ted!” There was also a cheeky insertion of a Canadian flag in a picture of the bus.

Canadian company Prevost says it is aware of reports but the company is keeping mum on the affair.

Steve Ziegler, the director of business development for Prevost, says the company only designed the outer shell of the luxury bus.

The interior was mainly done by a company in Tennessee and the U.S. Secret Service — which ordered the bus — put in a few finishing touches.

The Post reports that the vehicle is modified to carry all the president's equipment, including codes to the U.S. nuclear arsenal.

But the Quebec-based bus-maker doesn't have anything to do with things like the so-called nuclear footballs.

“We just build the shells and we don't always know where it's going to the end user,” Mr. Ziegler said.

“We're not really at liberty to talk about them, because it's Secret Service.”

Obama’s 'made-in-Canada' tour bus draws fire - The Globe and Mail

Edit: Sorry, repeat information, crossposted with Gainzo.
  6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +51 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

the bus is part of the Secret Service fleet...it's not like Obama will take it with him when he leaves office. Yes, that's what taxes pay for. I'm sure if Perry (George W. Bush part II) is elected, he will give it back to the public. you guys ***** about everything.
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Your info was much better than mine :D

The funny thing is Obama's original statement was that he wants to export American cars as we import way more.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

apparently you can (yet again)
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 11 / -27

Was in the hospital last night after a procedure, and the guy next to me had fox news on all night and they showed this every 15 minutes... so the brainwash effect set in.

That was right after an interview with Karl Rove, the Christine O'Donnell show and an interview with John Bolton.. never say that Fox is not agenda driven.
  10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

How was your blood pressure Darryl? :p

Seriously hope you are well and recovering. ;)
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Somebody has to balance out MSNBC.

Hope your procedure went well, I had one too, last week.
  12. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

There is a big difference between MSNBC and FoxNews. O'Donnell, Maddow and Schultz state they are liberals on their shows.

O'Reilly has a "no spin zone" hehe. Hannity is the biggest GOP homer I have ever seen.

Don't even get me started on the FoxNews morning show.
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

O'Reilly is a moderate opinionated libertarian ... Hannity is a ratings whore.
  14. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

O'Reilly is nothing close to a moderate libertarian. His no "spin zone" and "pinheads and patriots" bits are a joke.

BTW: I met him last year at a paid event in Manchester, NH and he was a dick, not to mention 30 minutes late.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

O'Reilly is opinionated.

Moderate? Not really.

Libertarian? not even close.
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

I wonder why our congress and representatives don't start out like everyone else with 1 or 2 weeks vacation? Shouldn't they have to accrue vaca days just like the rest of us?

I'm being dead serious here too...
  17. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

I'm with you on that. Why do they get all these days off?
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

So that the rest of us who live in DC can actually breathe fresh air a few weeks out of the year.

Truthfully, is it really "vacation" time or is it time that they get to spend back in their home states holding town hall meetings and talking with their constitutants?

Most congressmen and senators also have offices and staff in their home states. I may be naive but I presume that when they are not in session here in DC they are at working in their home states - at least part of the time, anyhow.
  19. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Not when it comes to Paul Ryan. He is charging $10 to ask him a question, as is some other GOP member.

Google it :)
  20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

See - a part time job!!! Told you they were working!!!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2: