PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I participated in another mock, really happy with this one,

1. DeAngelo Williams RB- obvious picks, White was gone, Carpenter, and Marshall were still available

2. Traded our second rounder, and detroits fourth rounder to move up, selected Antonio Cromartie CB- I'm high on this guy for a reason, the next Deion Sanders, I had to trade up to get in front of Baltimore who would've taken him in a heartbeat

3a. Martin Nance WR- BPA, surprised he was still there, WR's selected ahead oh him: Holmes, Jackson, Hagan, Moss, Williams, Watkins, Avant, and Stovall

3b. Spencer Havner OLB- underrated big time, remind me of Mike Vrabel, great in coverage, leader, smart, but not very athletically gifted

4b. Leon Williams ILB- great speed/ size, very gifted athletically, needs LOTS of work in coverage, run-stopper, sheds blocks easily, faster then most safeties

5a. Reggie McNeal QB/ WR- If he pans out... it'll be sweet, if not I just wasted a fifth rounder

5b. Will Allen OG- Undersized, but very mobile, needs work in pass protection, good in run protection

6. Marcus Green DT- Motor that never quits, good leader, respected, tough, intense, undersized, with proper coaching, could become a great backup

7. Josh Houston K- if we can't get one in free agency.... :(

I would sh!t my pants if we drafted like this...

Is there a website where you go to do this, or do you do it by hand?

I would sh!t my pants if we drafted like this...

Is there a website where you go to do this, or do you do it by hand?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? (sh!tt!ng your pants)

by email

Last edited:
mavfan2390 said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? (sh!tt!ng your pants)

by email
Its a good thing, trust me.

Its a good draft from a purely TALENT perspective. At least the top 2 picks. Personally, I don't see the Patriots touching either Williams or Cromartie for various reasons. Cromartie, in particular, because he's not very experienced outside of the Nickel position. So, I honestly believe you wasted a draft pick (the Detroit 4th rounder) to trade up to get him, from a purely value perspective.

I think that you forgot that one of BB's principal mantras (and I am paraphrasing) is that games are won in the trenches. And, in the 3-4 system, your LB are part of those trenches. And they are going to need an impact player there. While I like Havener, I don't see him as being an adequate replacement for Willie. I think that the Patriots are going to focus on a DE/OLB early. Also, I think that Mark Anderson in the 3rd round would be better value than Havener.

DaBruinz said:
Its a good draft from a purely TALENT perspective. At least the top 2 picks. Personally, I don't see the Patriots touching either Williams or Cromartie for various reasons. Cromartie, in particular, because he's not very experienced outside of the Nickel position. So, I honestly believe you wasted a draft pick (the Detroit 4th rounder) to trade up to get him, from a purely value perspective.

I think that you forgot that one of BB's principal mantras (and I am paraphrasing) is that games are won in the trenches. And, in the 3-4 system, your LB are part of those trenches. And they are going to need an impact player there. While I like Havener, I don't see him as being an adequate replacement for Willie. I think that the Patriots are going to focus on a DE/OLB early. Also, I think that Mark Anderson in the 3rd round would be better value than Havener.

keep in mind in did this before todays new of willie leaving, but one could argue that wr/ rb/ cb are just as big needs,

of course havner isnt a adequate replacement for willie, but who is? we need to find his replacement via trade, or free agency, havner will be a solid backup, nothing more for at least a few years, he sounds like a pats player for sure, look at his nfldraftcountdown.com profile

Has excellent size and a big, solid frame...Good timed speed...Very productive and is always around the ball...Makes plays sideline-to-sideline...Smart with great instincts...Has a great motor and is very tough...Does a good job of sifting through traffic...Excellent in coverage and has a knack for making the interception...Does a solid job against the run...Versatile and can probably play multiple positions.

i cant find anything on anderson, so i dont know what to say about him

Not sure where you are looking, but Mark Anderson had very similar tangible stats at the combine to Lawson, but Lawson was faster at 4.43 to Anderson's 4.61.

Anderson was a DE of Alabama, but is in the Tweener mold like McGinest. Anderson actually weighs more than Lawson does at 254 lbs. Their 3 cone and shuttle were very close to one another.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/markanderson.html

Please take into account that Anderson SHINED at the Senior Bowl and showed a variety of moves on his pass rush.

he went six picks after haver :( my bad, but honestly, even if i did know him i probably wouldve take havner, havenr just seems like a pats guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes