PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another old fart - Fran Tarkenton disrespects the Pats year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude you are comparing apples and oranges here......72 doofins did not face nearly the competition that the Pats have faced this year.......won many games with last minute penalties/poor ref calls (Shidla was a heavy on the competition committee...).......You are obviously a doofin fan.....come out of the closet mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) They played who they were assigned to play be it an elite or mediocre team; They did not design the opposing teams.
2) I assumed you would have close games if you lost your starting quarterback.
3) Marvin Lewis is on the competition commitee... hes a true winner huh?
4) the good ol "you think differently, you must be a (insert any team name)".Classic:rolleyes:

Since when does an athlethe statistic performance on the field reflected his or her knowledge.:rolleyes:
Eli was an excellent student but look at him in the pros. Hell, look at our own benjamin watson who cant catch a perfectly thrown ball directly into his hands.

Well, I certainly think it's reflective of something significant, don't you?

I was wondering what whiny baby would start this thread. Half the threads on this board read as, "Wa wa, someone said something about us that wasn't a ridiculous ballwashing, wa wa, hater/loser/choker/bum, wa wa, whine with me everybody." A perfect picture of everything that's wrong with most "fans" of this team.

What??? I've learned more baseball via Joe Morgan than from the rest of the baseball world's announcers combined.

So you're saying you know nothing about baseball then? Because Joe Morgan is perhaps the biggest idiot in sports broadcasting.

Last edited:
Tarkenton is also a publicity hound who has a checkered business career. He now heads Tarkenton Financial looking to recruit salesmen to sell annuities to seniors. In his previous business, Knowledgeware, he got fined substantially by the Securities and Exchange Commission and fought off numerous lawsuits for cooking the books and selling off his own stock just before profits went south.

A fine one to throw stones, that Fran.

Although, we pats fans wear our homers blinders 24/7, we need to recognize the points these guys are trying to make some times. I hate Mecury Morris with a passion but I can't disagree with what he means when he speak of perfection. I agreed with him when he said that perfection is all about the 0 in the loss column, its not about how many games you won. We can't fault the 72 phins for playing who they were assigned to play and following the policy. Whos to say if the season was expanded for two more games, they wouldn't have won those extra two and be standing at 19-0 today? We are lucky to be doing this in modern era where the full season required 19 games to be played, assuming you make it to the sb and win, but that doesn't mean its more impressive than 17-0. It just means we were giving more opportunities to make history happens....just my 2 c

Wiz of Menlo

Excuse me?

Whatever Fran Tarkenton says now is irrelevant to how he was as a player. He was a pretty tough QB. He was not very big but he played tough. I don't think he missed any games due to injury until the last couple of years of his career. He may be 0-3 in the SB, but that should not detract from his career. If you haven't seen him play, you can't really comment on him.

Although, we pats fans wear our homers blinders 24/7, we need to recognize the points these guys are trying to make some times. I hate Mecury Morris with a passion but I can't disagree with what he means when he speak of perfection. I agreed with him when he said that perfection is all about the 0 in the loss column, its not about how many games you won. We can't fault the 72 phins for playing who they were assigned to play and following the policy. Whos to say if the season was expanded for two more games, they wouldn't have won those extra two and be standing at 19-0 today? We are lucky to be doing this in modern era where the full season required 19 games to be played, assuming you make it to the sb and win, but that doesn't mean its more impressive than 17-0. It just means we were giving more opportunities to make history happens....just my 2 c

Wiz of Menlo

are you kidding. two more games means two more opportunities to lose. it is about the zero in the loss column and it is about the eighteen in the win column. who's to say the dolphins wouldn't have lost # 18. anyone who gives credence to what that crackhead mercury morris says is a moron.

Last edited:
as much as i loved watching this guy play when i was a kid

How many super bowls did you WIN?

Exactly, this guy is basically the Jim Kelly of the old fart generation, but with less talent. He could never win the big game. What qualifies him to bark up about the Pats? Absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back