PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another old fart - Fran Tarkenton disrespects the Pats year

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, does that mean he can't have an opinion or that it counts for less?

46/89 489 yds 1 TD 6 Int QB rating 43.7 Tarkenton
71/108 735 yds 6 TD 1 Int QB rating 99.88 Brady

No it means I have more faith in the guy with better numbers in his first 3 Super Bowls.....

No it means I have more faith in the guy with better numbers in his first 3 Super Bowls.....

Ok, but you have 0 Super Bowls, so why do you even bother posting your take on things? If the Super Bowl performances are what it's all about, you're opinion is absolutely useless to anyone.

It's one thing to ignore the man's opinion. It's another to denigrate his opinion on a game being played in 2 weeks because he struggled in Super Bowls 30 years ago.

Tarkenton is a successful big mouth. He actually made a lot of money in the software industry from promoting a company that had no real reason to prosper. I.e., he got rich the same way Roger Staubach did (real estate industry for Staubach), but less so, because he didn't learn to add value past the original contact. Plus he did more mass public speaking.

Ok, but you have 0 Super Bowls, so why do you even bother posting your take on things? If the Super Bowl performances are what it's all about, you're opinion is absolutely useless to anyone.

It's one thing to ignore the man's opinion. It's another to denigrate his opinion on a game being played in 2 weeks because he struggled in Super Bowls 30 years ago.

I gotta agree....when he commented on Brady being tired and throwing the ball up for grabs, it just made me think of everyone of his throws. Guy knows a duck when he sees one.

Take Joe Morgan for example... I know 10 year olds with more knowledge of current players and teams, yet Morgan wins Emmies. Why? Because he "played the game", so that means he must know everything about it.

It's a load of crap.

What??? I've learned more baseball via Joe Morgan than from the rest of the baseball world's announcers combined. If they re-named the Emmies the Morgans (in whatever category baseball announcers qualify for) that would be OK by me.

Furthermore, I agree with this part of what Tarkenton said:
Fran says that while the Patriots were destroying teams earlier, during the last part of the season the Patriots were an average team (NOT AVERAGE, THOUGH, BUT OBVIOUSLY LESS FORMIDABLE THAN BEFORE) and looked sluggish and tired from the pressure that has been building week after week during the past 2 months

Fran was talking on NFL Radio this morning discussing the Super Bowl on the Mike and Mike show

Fran says that while the Patriots were destroying teams earlier during the last part of the season the Patriots were an average team and looked sluggish and tired from the pressure that has been building week after week during the past 2 months

He said that Brady has been terrible in several games late in the season especially the Eagles and Ravens game and was just tossing the ball up for grabs and looked tired and beaten at times while he said Peyton looked better during this stretch.

He goes on to say the Giants are fresher and have less to lose and he predicts a Giants upset.

Another washed up old fart QB who must have got together with the '72 Dolphins for a chat just prior to this rant -

Does this idiot Tarkenton (who I always thought was overated when I was a young kid and watching him lose those all those Super Bowls) really have a leg to stand on when criticizing what may very well be the most important game in Patriots history and a defining moment for one of the greatest QBs of all time at the still young age of 30.

All I can say is...Jealousy,Jealousy,Jealousy

Quite possibly the biggest choke artist of all time.

Another washed up old fart QB who must have got together with the '72 Dolphins for a chat just prior to this rant -

Does this idiot Tarkenton (who I always thought was overated when I was a young kid and watching him lose those all those Super Bowls) really have a leg to stand on when criticizing what may very well be the most important game in Patriots history and a defining moment for one of the greatest QBs of all time at the still young age of 30.

Just because he doesn't think the same way you do about who will win a game doesn't mean he's a bad human being or that what he did as a player should be disrespected.

Last edited:
I recently rewatched Tarkenton's pathetic performance in Sb IX. This clown has no business in the HOF. He was gimmick, 5'10'' scat back with a pop-gun arm who choked in every big game he played in. No wonder he loves P. Manning. I guess all the money from his infomercials dried up, so he's raising his profile by biting the boots of his betters.

Great post.....Tarkenton would not even be able to carry the water jugs onto the field in today's NFL........Same with Griese.....neither would have been able to cut it in this era.......Now...If only Flutie had played in the 60's and 70's......He could have been legendary!!!!!

46/89 489 yds 1 TD 6 Int QB rating 43.7
Tarkenton's stats for 3 Super Bowls.....

HA HA HA HA......:) these are some of the worst stats I have ever read.......un-friggin real......and he is trying to throw stones......when he obviously couldn't throw footballs???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! what a jacka##!

Quite possibly the biggest choke artist of all time.

You are right.....Frannie (Provincetown name) is the equivalent of a 5'9 version of Tony Eason.....CHOKER!!!!!!!!!!!

ummmm I think his name is PATS FAN in Philly??? So he is a fan of a team with 3 (about to be 4) SB rings!!!!

Although, we pats fans wear our homers blinders 24/7, we need to recognize the points these guys are trying to make some times. I hate Mecury Morris with a passion but I can't disagree with what he means when he speak of perfection. I agreed with him when he said that perfection is all about the 0 in the loss column, its not about how many games you won. We can't fault the 72 phins for playing who they were assigned to play and following the policy. Whos to say if the season was expanded for two more games, they wouldn't have won those extra two and be standing at 19-0 today? We are lucky to be doing this in modern era where the full season required 19 games to be played, assuming you make it to the sb and win, but that doesn't mean its more impressive than 17-0. It just means we were giving more opportunities to make history happens....just my 2 c

Wiz of Menlo

Last edited:

You forgot the most important Super Bowl stat.

0-3 Tarkenton
3-0 Brady

You forgot the most important Super Bowl stat.

0-3 Tarkenton
3-0 Brady

Since when does an athlethe statistic performance on the field reflected his or her knowledge.:rolleyes:
Eli was an excellent student but look at him in the pros. Hell, look at our own benjamin watson who cant catch a perfectly thrown ball directly into his hands.

Last edited:
Although, we pats fans wear our homers blinders 24/7, we need to recognize the points these guys are trying to make some times. I hate Mecury Morris with a passion but I can't disagree with what he means when he speak of perfection. I agreed with him when he said that perfection is all about the 0 in the loss column, its not about how many games you won. We can't fault the 72 phins for playing who they were assigned to play and following the policy. Whos to say if the season was expanded for two more games, they wouldn't have won those extra two and be standing at 19-0 today? We are lucky to be doing this in modern era where the full season required 19 games to be played, assuming you make it to the sb and win, but that doesn't mean its more impressive than 17-0. It just means we were giving more opportunities to make history happens....just my 2 c

Wiz of Menlo

Dude you are comparing apples and oranges here......72 doofins did not face nearly the competition that the Pats have faced this year.......won many games with last minute penalties/poor ref calls (Shidla was a heavy on the competition committee...).......You are obviously a doofin fan.....come out of the closet mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PATRIOTSFANINPA;764349 Fran says that while the Patriots were destroying teams earlier during the last part of the season the Patriots were an average team and looked sluggish and tired from the pressure that has been building week after week during the past 2 months >>>[COLOR=Red said:
8-0 in the last half of the season is pretty good for ' an average team"[/COLOR]

He said that Brady has been terrible in several games late in the season especially the Eagles and Ravens game and was just tossing the ball up for grabs and looked tired and beaten at times while he said Peyton looked better during this stretch.
>>>In the last 7 games of the regular season, Peyton 15 TD, 4 Int. Brady 17 TD, 4 Int. I would go back 8 games but that was Peyton's 6 INT game and I didn't want to be accused of skewing stats. That doesn't even account for Peyton playing in a dome and Tom Brady playing outside in the Northeast in December and January, Somebody ought to tell Francis that Mr. Brady wasn't 'tossing the ball up' in Baltimore, it was because of 40 mile an hour gusts and he looked so terrible that he led late game winning drives.
Maybe I missed the Jacksonville game but 26/28 with the two incompletes being catchable doesn't qualify as tossing the ball up there.

He goes on to say the Giants are fresher and have less to lose and he predicts a Giants upset.
>>>>The Pats had a bye week by virtue of HFA. By kickoff of the Super Bowl, they will have played two games in 35 days, that's pretty fresh to me. This compares to the Giants who will have played three games in the 35 days as well as games every week for 11 weeks and this Sunday will be their first week off since week 8. How can he say with a straight face that the Giants will be fresher. The last time they played the Patriots, they lost three starters to injury.

>>>>>Uh, no.

My point is that Tarkenton ought to get his facts straight before he starts criticizing as his resume isn't the strongest with regards to Super Bowls...
I'd put more credibility if it were Montana, Bradshaw or even Simms doing the talking.

Last edited:
Just because he doesn't think the same way you do about who will win a game doesn't mean he's a bad human being or that what he did as a player should be disrespected.

Another troll with an very insightful comment...Tarkenton turtled in every big game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes