Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another old fart - Fran Tarkenton disrespects the Pats year

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Fran was talking on NFL Radio this morning discussing the Super Bowl on the Mike and Mike show

Fran says that while the Patriots were destroying teams earlier during the last part of the season the Patriots were an average team and looked sluggish and tired from the pressure that has been building week after week during the past 2 months

He said that Brady has been terrible in several games late in the season especially the Eagles and Ravens game and was just tossing the ball up for grabs and looked tired and beaten at times while he said Peyton looked better during this stretch.

He goes on to say the Giants are fresher and have less to lose and he predicts a Giants upset.

Another washed up old fart QB who must have got together with the '72 Dolphins for a chat just prior to this rant -

Does this idiot Tarkenton (who I always thought was overated when I was a young kid and watching him lose those all those Super Bowls) really have a leg to stand on when criticizing what may very well be the most important game in Patriots history and a defining moment for one of the greatest QBs of all time at the still young age of 30.

All I can say is...Jealousy,Jealousy,Jealousy
  2. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL......How many SB did this worthless QB win, after appearing in 4 with Vikes ?

.....ummmmmmm here's a hint......just as many passes as Tony Eason completed in SB XX

Another loser(literally and figuratively) stepping up to the eat your crow podium
  3. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

If a guy who loses so many Super Bowls picks your team to win, is that a good thing?
  4. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

T. Brady 34/54 380 1 0

That was against Philly, you're right Fran, TERRIBLE
  5. marcus

marcus Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He's entitled to his opinion...but come on how about a dose of reality

This "average team" was 8-0 over that stretch.

Tarkenton played for the Giants and clearly is biased.

Just like if you asked Steve Nelson, Steve Grogan or John Hannah about the game they probably would disparage Eli and the Giants
  6. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone names "FRAN" has no credibility, especially if she was QB
  7. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

Nah, BB asked him to go on M&M and throw that sh*t out there....
  8. BostonBullit

BostonBullit Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I heard the interview and got a kick out of him saying that the Eagles and Ravens "shut down the Patriots offense", yea 31pts and 27pts on the board respectively.....a real shutdown. :rolleyes:
  9. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

I recently rewatched Tarkenton's pathetic performance in Sb IX. This clown has no business in the HOF. He was gimmick, 5'10'' scat back with a pop-gun arm who choked in every big game he played in. No wonder he loves P. Manning. I guess all the money from his infomercials dried up, so he's raising his profile by biting the boots of his betters.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  10. SavioKid

SavioKid Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The purple eaters! Doormats for the AFC in the '70s. I remember Oaklands LB (Hendrix) just slamming Tarkenton in the SB - his head was on aswivel the whole game almost!
  11. questionman

questionman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm getting a little tired of the disrespect card. So what if the guy gives his opinion and you don't agree with it, that doesn't mean disrespect every time. Everyone knows that the Patriots are 18-0. The world would be boring if it was only filled with ball washers. If the biggest complaint surrounding your team is that former players or writers disagree with the way you think, just sit back and enjoy your team and it's play. And if you really look at it there are far more comments and articles giving the Patriots their props all season long than those that don't, so constantly pointing out the latter is almost getting whiney. Just my opinion.
  12. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't really let what sportswriters who have never played football in thier lives think nor do I care what a little jerk like Costas thinks but when it comes to a guy that has been in the NFL and Super Bowls yet never won any of them like Fran and still goes out to criticize this team it irritates me
  13. karran_s

karran_s Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ha ha.. great response ! I think he's picking another loser - Eli !!
  14. questionman

questionman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Without hearing the interview myself, I can't say if he was really criticizing of just point out his thoughts. To be honest when you compare the first half of the season to the second, the Pats weren't playing at the same pace or level. There were time that they just looked out of sorts, but the difference with this team and other teams is they always found a way to overcome the situation and get a win. Even if they didn't play a complete game, they played good enough. So, his comments, even if you don't agree, are totally off base.
  15. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's nice you have an opinion, but you do realize this isn't the board for your team, right? It's a Patriots forum.

What I'm trying to say is that while it is very nice that you have an opinioin, no one really cares about your opinion here, or what you think of our team, or the way we look at our team, or your instructions on what we should be doing.

Some of us find it humorous that Fran thinks that holding the Brady to 34 completions, 354 yards, no interceptions and one TD (31 points total) is shutting us down. That fact that you don't find it at all humorous is not a reason for us not to laugh.
  16. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I have NO problem with an ex NY QB and his thinking that the team he played for will win the Super Bowl...but when he states facts untrue...as how teh ravens and others DOMINATED the Patriots on D and in his opinion have an excellent chance to win, I frankly find that quite silly and hardly whining when it's pointed out and laughed at. Excellent chance? That he did not explain...no surprise...
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,262 / 56 / -70

Disable Jersey

Well said, although his characterization of some of what's happened (if he did, indeed, state it the way it's portrayed in this thread) is pretty clearly not accurate.
  18. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Except that the message you responded to has more truth in it than many many posted here lately.
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

46/89 489 yds 1 TD 6 Int QB rating 43.7
    Tarkenton's stats for 3 Super Bowls.....
  20. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hahaha. and he says he nor his teamates never felt pressure after losing SB's.
    What a tool
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.