Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another nice day for Favre (Brady's MVP status)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by drew4008, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drew4008

drew4008 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Favre threw another 3 TDs today (and zero picks). You know if the stats are even somewhat close, he's going to get a lot of votes over Brady for MVP. So c'mon Brady, 5 TDs tonight!
  2. NEfan32

NEfan32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is like the Ortiz-A-Rod debate. A-Rod won it when his team didn't make the playoffs and put gaudy numbers up. Then when Ortiz's team didn't make it, he lost because the he didn't make his team to the playoffs. If Favre wins it, that is BS when players won it because of gaudy stats. What about all those years BRady won but didnt put up numbers? There is no way in hell Brady does not get MVP.
  3. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +250 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm willing to bet that Brady doesn't care about the MVP, as long as they win the SB.
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Favre is probably a cinch to get the Comeback Player Of The Year Award and I don't think anyone getting that honor had ever won the MVP also, so I think Brady has the edge there at MVP honors

And besides we all know NE is going to go farther into the playoffs than GB.
  5. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Probably, but as a fan I want him to get MVP AND win the Super Bowl. It doesn't have to one or the other!
  6. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Farve will probably get it if he keeps going at this rate. It will be a nice sending off gift from the NFL.
  7. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Um...MVP, Super Bowl and SuperBowl MVP (would be there with Montana for the only player with 3?)
  8. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Sending off gift? He will be back next year....
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

With all the Brady/New England hate out there. It doesn't matter what Tom does this year, if there is an excuse to give it to someone else, it will be done. :rolleyes:
  10. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Today gives Favre 19 TDs and 8 INTs in 10 games. Nice numbers, but not even in Brady's stratosphere.

The Favre ballwashers in the media might screw Brady out of the MVP and give it to Brett, but it won't be because their numbers are comparable. They're not.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  11. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +250 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

Don't get me wrong, I do totally agree with you, and realize that it will be a travesty if anyone other than Brady or Moss wins it. That said, I'm not getting my hopes up. It's a subjective award voted on by a bunch of idiots who sometimes get it right and sometimes don't.
  12. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

there is no way the media is going to give it Farve if all things stay equal because then people would finally relize the anti-NE bias in the media and they might accually have to put away the agendas because people well finally stop turning a blind eye to things and we all know there is no way the modern media can call things down the middle.
  13. Truck

Truck Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deserving players lose MVPs all the time.

It happenned here with Pedro -- he lost because he was completely left off 2 ballots; even though he had arguably the best pitching season ever.

If Brady breaks the TD record & leads the team to 16-0; and anyone outside of GB puts Favre #1 on the voting, then we'll known that person is either vindictive, or clueless; and shouldn't get a vote.

The fact is this year, thru 9/10 games its not even close.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.