PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another nice day for Favre (Brady's MVP status)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Favre threw another 3 TDs today (and zero picks). You know if the stats are even somewhat close, he's going to get a lot of votes over Brady for MVP. So c'mon Brady, 5 TDs tonight!

This is like the Ortiz-A-Rod debate. A-Rod won it when his team didn't make the playoffs and put gaudy numbers up. Then when Ortiz's team didn't make it, he lost because the he didn't make his team to the playoffs. If Favre wins it, that is BS when players won it because of gaudy stats. What about all those years BRady won but didnt put up numbers? There is no way in hell Brady does not get MVP.

I'm willing to bet that Brady doesn't care about the MVP, as long as they win the SB.

Favre is probably a cinch to get the Comeback Player Of The Year Award and I don't think anyone getting that honor had ever won the MVP also, so I think Brady has the edge there at MVP honors

And besides we all know NE is going to go farther into the playoffs than GB.

I'm willing to bet that Brady doesn't care about the MVP, as long as they win the SB.
Probably, but as a fan I want him to get MVP AND win the Super Bowl. It doesn't have to one or the other!

Farve will probably get it if he keeps going at this rate. It will be a nice sending off gift from the NFL.

Probably, but as a fan I want him to get MVP AND win the Super Bowl. It doesn't have to one or the other!

Um...MVP, Super Bowl and SuperBowl MVP (would be there with Montana for the only player with 3?)

Farve will probably get it if he keeps going at this rate. It will be a nice sending off gift from the NFL.

Sending off gift? He will be back next year....

With all the Brady/New England hate out there. It doesn't matter what Tom does this year, if there is an excuse to give it to someone else, it will be done. :rolleyes:

Today gives Favre 19 TDs and 8 INTs in 10 games. Nice numbers, but not even in Brady's stratosphere.

The Favre ballwashers in the media might screw Brady out of the MVP and give it to Brett, but it won't be because their numbers are comparable. They're not.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I do totally agree with you, and realize that it will be a travesty if anyone other than Brady or Moss wins it. That said, I'm not getting my hopes up. It's a subjective award voted on by a bunch of idiots who sometimes get it right and sometimes don't.

there is no way the media is going to give it Farve if all things stay equal because then people would finally relize the anti-NE bias in the media and they might accually have to put away the agendas because people well finally stop turning a blind eye to things and we all know there is no way the modern media can call things down the middle.

Deserving players lose MVPs all the time.

It happenned here with Pedro -- he lost because he was completely left off 2 ballots; even though he had arguably the best pitching season ever.

If Brady breaks the TD record & leads the team to 16-0; and anyone outside of GB puts Favre #1 on the voting, then we'll known that person is either vindictive, or clueless; and shouldn't get a vote.

The fact is this year, thru 9/10 games its not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes