PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Media View of You Know Who....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
and this guy is as brutal as any poster here....

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/9644105

"Delusional Deion Branch is an idiot, but his agent is a bigger idiot. And some of the media covering this
story are bigger idiots still. "

Wow!

Needless to say, I agree with him.

Didn;t want to start another thread on you know who so I thought I'd put this national observation here too.

Peter King just did his weekly segment on WEEI and when they asked him for updates he said he had nothing today beyond they were working through the jurisdiction issue discussed last night. But he told them something I had surmised in looking around in the last few days. This is not a very compelling issue nationally, and it gets to be even less so as the season commences this weekend. While there is certainly great interest here, and to a lesser extent among fans in Seattle and NY because their teams were involved in a potential deal, that is not translating into a riviting national football story. Peter's quote was something to the effect that the season is upon us and this isn't Marvin Harrison we're talking about. LOL

Soft spoken fellow, isn't he? :D

MoLewisrocks said:
Didn;t want to start another thread on you know who so I thought I'd put this national observation here too.

Peter King just did his weekly segment on WEEI and when they asked him for updates he said he had nothing today beyond they were working through the jurisdiction issue discussed last night. But he told them something I had surmised in looking around in the last few days. This is not a very compelling issue nationally, and it gets to be even less so as the season commences this weekend. While there is certainly great interest here, and to a lesser extent among fans in Seattle and NY because their teams were involved in a potential deal, that is not translating into a riviting national football story. Peter's quote was something to the effect that the season is upon us and this isn't Marvin Harrison we're talking about. LOL

Good point. It would be great to see Branch and Chayut fade away to where everyone forgets about them, including we Pats fans.

While I obviously agree with Doyel as well, I feel he missed one MAJOR point when he wrote, "Now then. Branch's side, and the media who support it, question why the Patriots are willing to pay Branch just $1.05 million in 2006 if he's so valuable." and then goes on to answer his own question with this: "They already offered Branch five years at roughly $27.5 million, then three years at $18 million."

While that is true, that's not really the main point. The main point is this, and let me spell it out for anyone who still doesn't get it:

Deion Branch is U-N-D-E-R C-O-N-T-R-A-C-T for 2006.

Tunescribe said:
Good point. It would be great to see Branch and Chayut fade away to where everyone forgets about them, including we Pats fans.
Nothing would do that faster than hanging 60+ points combined against the Bills and Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes