Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another McCain senior moment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jun 3, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Here's the zombie, assuring his supporters that he'll "win in January."

ENJOY

The latest in a long line of 'senior moments', as Faux News' Brit Humme calls it.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

First - that's the kind of stupid "gotcha" that no-one cares about. Just like Obama visiting 57 states. Some gotchas are bad - this is silly.

Second - although the real "win" is obviously November you can make a case that he will "win" in January. You still get a win when you actually get the prize.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Thats not the sad thing....

the sad thing is he thinks he is QBing the USC Trojans in the rose bowl this year, thats what he means by getting a win in January. Little does he know that Cal will be winning the PAC-10 this year......

go bears!

4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Glad I swallowed the water just before I read your post, HD.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Of course... No one cares about "gotcha" ... As your appearance in one dumb anti-Obama thread after another bares out.

You can make a lot of "cases" by extrapolating... It's what you guys have been doing for the past 7.5 years, at least.

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

here's another "Gotcha" that "no one cares about," even when the zombie insists later that he didn't misspeak:

So I can tell you that it is succeeding. I can look you in the eye and tell you it’s succeeding. We have drawn down to pre-surge levels. Basra, Mosul and now Sadr city are quiet and it’s long and it’s hard and it’s tough and there will be setbacks.

Oops... Pre-surge was 130,000, not 155,000.

McCain and his advisers quickly dismissed any criticisms of the statement, calling it a case of “nitpicking” a “verb tense.” They claimed that McCain meant to say that troops will eventually be drawn down to pre-surge levels. Last week, a reporter gave McCain a chance to correct his statement, asking, “Did you misspeak yesterday?” McCain replied, “Of course not.”

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Did I say I've never been negative about Obama ? No. I don't believe I belittled him when we had 57 states. If I did I was being stupid just as this thread is.

8. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The simple fact of the matter is...if this is the way it's going to be, Obama and his friends are walking talking heebie-jeebie gaff machines.

So if it's going to be stupid "gotcha" crap, we'll be busy.

9. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah PC, this is a pretty desperate one isn't it? You can pick out just as many "senior moments" for Obama as for McCain: 57 states, US troops freeing Auschwicz, the language spoken in Afghanistan, etc. etc. It just comes from having every word you speak be recorded and replayed over and over. People make mistakes, I don't think Obama is exhibiting diminished mental capacity because he slips up now and then!

10. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

But Obama's a Democrat, so you don't criticize them for that. Only Republicans. This same rule applies to ageism.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +533 / 6 / -2

Is he still seeing dead people, or was he just watching a video of McCain? :D

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Stupid "gotcha" crap... the irony is excellent.

I guess it's a chicken-egg thing then, Mo... i mean, that's the precise reason i created the thread... your allies here have been doing it, increasingly, and without mercy, for months and months.... why is it suddenly "petty" when we point out how much of zombie the war candidate is?

if we've come to understand one thing, it's that "it's different when you guys do it :rolleyes:

oh yeah, it's on, war party... if you're gonna distort the left's admittedly imperfect candidate, and try and pretend he aims to "subvert america" and be a "nazi appeaser"... then you damn well better be prepared for them pointing out the obvious regarding the geriatric guy with the bad temper and the promise of "more wars."

you squawk and mock the left for not being "tough enough" the past two elections... well, why is it such a "problem" suddenly when they finally get Rovian?

again, different when you do it.