Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Liberal Propaganda Film Bombs

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Jan 25, 2008.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When will the Hollywood liberals learn that America just doesn't want to watch their history revisionist propaganda...?

Despite having 2 of Hollywood's leading (and bankable) stars, Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, the propaganda piece known as "Charlie Wilson's War" won't even break even in domestic general release. At a cost of $75 million, the domestic box office now stands at $63 million - and won't be getting much higher.

I guess they'll never learn.... :rofl:

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Meanwhile Chuck Norris is blowing away the box office.......

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee, I would have thought you'd be smart enough to understand why that analogy is retahded... apparently you're not...

Has Chuck Norris ever made a conservative-propaganda major motion picture...?

4. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

What exactly would be a conservative propaganda film? A movie in which a law and order type lays the smack down on lots of similar looking bad guys? Give me an example of one, Dirty Harry? Would you like me to point out how many liberal "propaganda films" have been successful? Maybe it's just a crappy movie, I know I don't want to see it because I don't even see it as accurate, and it glorifies some of what the U.S. did in the 80s that I don't agree with. Why do you have to oversimplify everything? Liberal v. Conservative blah blah blah, so stupid.

5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I rest my case. Thank you.

6. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

wow way to selectively take a quote out of context. Do you work for Fox News by any chance?

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

another moronic thread offering by our resident George Wallace...

as if people can afford to go to the $9x2 movies nowadays, when they can wait 3-4 months and watch it from the comfort of their own home on a better screen at $4...

newsflash, genius: people reserve the theatre for action adventure mindless FOX flops with lots of explosions, cars and violence ... political dramas, and history pieces don't appeal to a very wide audience, and certainly not movie-going audiences... regardless, they certainly can't be judged until they've made the DVD rental gaunlet...

get a clue... if ever...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  8. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Was that movie considered a liberal propaganda film? I never thought of it like that, especially since our involvement in Afghanistan led to arming what would become Al Qaeda and the Taliban. I don't think it was made to celebrate Charlie Wilson as the forefather of that!

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

of course it wasn't... all George Wallace here recognizes is that Tom Hanks was in it, Hollywood produced it, and the Russians and a Democrat were involved...

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

I actually wanted to see that, but the chic wasn't really interested. I love Tom Hanks.

11. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I've had no interest in seeing it. Is it really supposed to be politically biased one way or another? I'd rather go see There Will Be Blood, thank you very much. That Daniel Day Lewis is incredible. And Juno was awesome.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Juno was good... Blood was epic... see it...

coincidentally, as it relates to the moronic original poster and his laughable convenient belief system: There Will Be Blood -- a film about oil greed and precisely UN-liberal themes -- has been out almost as long as Charlie Wilson, and has grossed only $8.7 million... or, about 1/8th as much as Wilson...

so much for that pathetic theory... another 1-star bilefest from the man who brought us "record cold today" and "Dems getting nasty again" ...

13. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Lewis' speech in the trailer about hating people gives me goose bumps it's so good. I'm very interested to see this flick.

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

Lewis is quite an actor. I'm not sure about the Hanks flick, but I saw the 2 hour History Channell show on Wilson, so I'd be covered I think.

15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Ok so Attack of the Clones it wasn't; but why discount the rest of the world's money? Last I checked their money didn't have the floor fall out from under it. Besides, I'd blame P2P more than politics.

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh after everything is said and done, the movie will turn a profit. Consider domestic plus foreign box office, then the DVD market a few months down the road and sure, it is a profitable venture.

But make no mistake: When a movie intended for primarily American release doesn't at least break even within the domestic box office, it is a failure, pure and simple.

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

based on what? your convenient set of standards?

"make no mistake?' you're a mistake factory... gain some perspective

you're subtly capitulating in this post above... and you still haven't commented that you even know what the film, nor the subject matter, is about...

18. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I heard that the movie sucked asp... propaganda.

19. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

RW, read the book. Its one of the best books I've read in a while (its in paperback). I read exclusively non-fiction, and even tho this was as real as it gets, some of it read like fiction due to the character of Wilson. The book is backed up by names of people which reads like a who's who. No one in their right mind would label Wilson a liberal for the work he did in bringing down the Soviet Union in Afghanistan. The CIA aspect is also very interesting. Read it, you will not be disapointed.

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +532 / 14 / -28

Chuck Norris lives a conservative-probaganda major motion picture life.. btw Rush is pimping Rambo.. so go see that one.