Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another "kick" at Vanderjerk.....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by FreeTedWilliams, May 22, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Is it me, or do you think that the Colts and their fans are "kicking" Vanderjack at every cahnce. Here is the latest example from KFFL:

Colts | Vinatieri a welcome addition
    Sat, 20 May 2006 21:24:18 -0700

Tom James, of the Terre Haute (Ind.) Tribune-Star, reports Indianapolis Colts PK Adam Vinatieri has been a welcome addition to the Colts. He has now become a key component in Indianapolis' hopes for success in 2006. Vinatieri has been a regular at Indianapolis' off-season conditioning workouts, which began last month, as well as taking part in this week's minicamp. Having a kicker spend so much time in the conditioning program and offseason practices is somewhat of a change for the Colts.

The guy did miss that last kick by about a 1/2 mile, but he was pretty good for them. You would think that you would expect more from a franchise that packs it's bags and moves in the middle of the night.....oh, wait nevermind.

2. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just wait until they see how well he tackles.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

11/19/2006

I hope footballs bounce off both their heads in pre-game warm ups.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

I'm not sure how much impact having your kicker at offseason workouts and minicamps makes. But whatever.

5. Brady-To-Branch

Brady-To-Branch Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 10 / -1

I posted this in another thread, but I think it applies here more strongly...

===========================================================

In defense of Vanderjagt he didn't get any help from his QB...

His most notable chokes are the missed 48-YD FG in Foxboro in the 2004 opener and the 46-YD FG he missed in the AFC DIV loss to the Steelers. Both kicks would have sent the game into OT.

In each of those games Peyton set his kicker up for failure. In the Foxboro game, the Colts were already in good FG range when Peyton didn't read the blitz and McGinest sacked him for a loss of 12 yards and a 36-YD FG becomes a 48-YD attempt. Rookie QBs are taught that you don't take a sack in that situation. Yet Vanderjagt becomes the goat. Vandy compounded his own problem when he foolishly flashed the "money" sign at the Pats sideline, thus looking like a jackass afterwards. Vandy's miss coupled with his goofy antics provided enough cover for the fair-haired QB to escape blame.

About last season's home loss to Pittsburgh. To say that the fair-haired QB could have done a much better job moving the ball down field from his own 42 with a minute and 3 TOs left, is an understatement. Instead of relying on a 46-yard FG attempt, Manning could have helped his kicker by getting the 1st down on 2nd and 2 at the Pitt 28, with 31 seconds left and two TOs remaining. At this point, the Steelers defense understood the situation and played for the deep ball in the end zone (OT is better than a loss - Peyton didn't seem to grasp this truism). Yet, what did the FHQB do? He takes two shots at the endzone and forces his kicker to make a 46-YD FG attempt. I don't think Vanderjagt misses a chip shot.

At the present time, Pollian is snickering about snatching AV from the Pats, Vanderjagt is in Dallas, and the pundits are getting silly over the Colts again. Adam was 4-8 in FGAs of 40+ YDS in 2005. The Colts had better hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. You know the FHQB isn't going to help.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  6. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63 / 5 / -1

#75 Jersey

hey, the Colts need any motivation they can get. If they are going to get all fired up about a kicker working out with them, then they are already in trouble. Their chance came and went. The Colts are on the decline.

7. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -4

LOL Hey AV is a football player, but I don't think you'll be lining him up at linebacker anytime soon. Meaningless fluff piece.

8. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

good for him....I agree doesn't matter..but? :et them think and believe more..make it better when the cookie crumbles...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005