PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Interesting Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Super Bowl XLIV: A Patriots-Giants Rematch | Bleacher Report

It pits our beloved NE Patriots against the Giants in a SB rematch. Here is another interesting article, whether you agree with the points or not.
The case for NE:
Brady will rejoin his merry band of receivers (Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and Benjamin Watson), his celebrated offensive line and a new-look backfield that contains Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor and Laurence Maroney.

The Pats also signed WR Joey Galloway and TEs Alex Smith and Chris Baker as free agents. Other enhancements are third round draft choice WR Brandon Tate, the re-signing of RB Patrick Pass, and the trade for Eagles' WR Greg Lewis.

I think they have enough offense—don't you?

The case for NYG:
On offense, Eli Manning appears to have matured into a leader. He is throwing spirals now, too.

In workouts he has looked like a different player. Eli has become "Very Peyton-like", one observer told me.

This will be his time. He will begin to dominate now. I am one of Eli's biggest critics, so if I'm telling you this, it's got be true.

The rushing combination of Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Danny Ware, and Andre Brown is one of football's best, and they are running behind the NFL's top offensive line. Teams have to physically and mentally prepare for Jacobs, who seeks out contact and can wear opponents down over the course of a game. The others offer a change of pace, usually after Jacobs softens the opponents' defense and usually rips off a a few big plays to ice games.

There's a lot more. Like I said, it's really an interesting read an worth a few minutes. OH, BTW, the writer thinks Tom Terrific will emerge as MVP again.

Yeah, the re-signing of Patrick Pass! Super Bowl here we come!

...Oh, wait...

i have a small gripe w/ the giants considered the best in the NFC...

though eli is getting better, and defintely good enough to win a SB...

yes they have an amazing running game...

but its their passing game that is the question.....they will depend on their TWO ROOKIE WR's a LOT this season...and that spells trouble

even IF both WR's pan out (and we all know how wr's are) most wr's explode in their 3rd year....

that means that the giants passing game will be luckluster

and their defense, even though theyre returning their defensive stars, will not have spagnaulo, their DC, which i believe will affect them if only a little

the giants are good, but no lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back