PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another good WP article

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmasspatsfan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
[And Memo to NFL: you might want to think about not having your “investigators” decide your cases for you, eh? It smacks a little of Soviet-style justice. Especially when your investigators’ ability to get more multi-million dollar engagements in the future depends on pleasing the client (i.e., you). Not exactly a good design for reaching the right result, I would say.]

article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-worse-than-our-system-of-public-justice-is/

edit: just noticed the date, its a month old but haven't seen it here yet

Thanks. I had not seen it either. Nothing new really, but that people besides us yahoos point to the deep corruption of Goodell's NFL is noteworthy. The preponderance of evidence shows that no rules were broken, but Goodell will severely punish a team and it's greatest player nonetheless. It is one of the most egregious violations of ethics in sports I have encountered.

Last edited:
If so many members of the public can see the massive holes and leaps in logic of this report, it's a near slam-dunk that a judge or independent arbitrator would agree.

If so many members of the public can see the massive holes and leaps in logic of this report, it's a near slam-dunk that a judge or independent arbitrator would agree.
But that would not be sufficient to get back our draft picks.

Which is why if I am Kessler, I walk in by myself. I say hello Rodger. Then, I'd drop a stack of paper work to include the AEI report, the articles by the papers and have Stradley and others' business cards on the table. I'd say here you go either drop the suspension, or you will be wholly embarrassed in court.

Then I'd walk out. It would take all of 2 minutes. Seriously, it shouldn't take even that long. What a boss move that would be.

I can't count the number of "CHEATRIOTS!!!" post I replied to with, "Did you read the report?" Anyone with a modicum of intelligence* said they would then blast me afterwards. I'm waiting for any of those to get back to me. :) Hey, it is long so maybe they are still reading... :)
(* The others I give as much attention to as I give the homeless guy yelling about the CIA plot.)

A Dictator does not need to know the truth, he decides what the truth is and acts on it. Goodell has abused the power given to him in good faith by the Union and the Owners. The Owners have rewarded Goodell for his abuse by giving him large sums of bonus money. Punish harshly like in Spygate and get rewarded, punish too lightly like with Ray Rice and you get pummelled. Deflategate, perfect time to severly punish even if you have to invent the evidence. I imagine Goodell is like a kid at xmas, waiting for Kraft to deliver his big fat bonus check.

[And Memo to NFL*: you might want to think about not having your “investigators” decide your cases for you, eh? It smacks a little of Soviet-style justice. Especially when your investigators’ ability to get more multi-million dollar engagements in the future depends on pleasing the client (i.e., you). Not exactly a good design for reaching the right result, I would say.]

article here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-worse-than-our-system-of-public-justice-is/

edit: just noticed the date, its a month old but haven't seen it here yet

FYP, but good article.

I can't count the number of "CHEATRIOTS!!!" post I replied to with, "Did you read the report?" Anyone with a modicum of intelligence* said they would then blast me afterwards. I'm waiting for any of those to get back to me. :) Hey, it is long so maybe they are still reading... :)
(* The others I give as much attention to as I give the homeless guy yelling about the CIA plot.)

I can't get anyone to agree to even read the report but they still want to use "Cheatriots" or whatever

I can't get anyone to agree to even read the report but they still want to use "Cheatriots" or whatever
I had one guy come back an hour later with the usual "CHEATRIOTS" stuff saying he read it and it was a good report. Of course after a few posts it was obvious he did not read it in an hour or so. :)

Whenever someone uses the term Cheatriots or Belicheat when speaking with me, I calmly tell them that doing so immediately negates their credibility as an adult contributor to the discussion and tells me that their opinion doesn't count. Goes up their asses about 9.4 miles in about .06 seconds...

Whenever someone uses the term Cheatriots or Belicheat when speaking with me, I calmly tell them that doing so immediately negates their credibility as an adult contributor to the discussion and tells me that their opinion doesn't count. Goes up their asses about 9.4 miles in about .06 seconds...
You are a better person than me. Depending on the closeness of my relationship with them, I have 4 canned responses.

Acquaintance: "Your team sucks. Troll"
Friend: "Up yours"
Good Friend: "F-you"

Close Friend Who Was Born Under The Shadow of Giants Stadium: "Your team sucks. Up yours and GFY. See you tomorrow."

Which is why if I am Kessler, I walk in by myself. I say hello Rodger. Then, I'd drop a stack of paper work to include the AEI report, the articles by the papers and have Stradley and others' business cards on the table. I'd say here you go either drop the suspension, or you will be wholly embarrassed in court.

Then I'd walk out. It would take all of 2 minutes. Seriously, it shouldn't take even that long. What a boss move that would be.

That's assuming Kessler WANTS the suspension dropped and doesn't want to go to court.

I doubt that is the case.

I'd have the post office empty bags of mail on his desk

That's assuming Kessler WANTS the suspension dropped and doesn't want to go to court.

I doubt that is the case.

What I am saying is he would be giving Herr Goodell an out. Of course he wants to go to court. Court would look at the Wells report, the numerous debunking articles and say..ummmm..this is it?

The suspension would be vacated in a heartbeat, and quite possibly kick start a federal investigation due to the impartiality of the Wells report.

I've learned a lot about people during this whole thing. It seems most don't want the facts and don't want to debate or discuss rationally.

You are a better person than me. Depending on the closeness of my relationship with them, I have 4 canned responses.

Acquaintance: "Your team sucks. Troll"
Friend: "Up yours"
Good Friend: "F-you"

Close Friend Who Was Born Under The Shadow of Giants Stadium: "Your team sucks. Up yours and GFY. See you tomorrow."
In the interest of full disclosure: there are rare occasions when my approach more closely resembles yours as opposed to the ones I described. But, they're rare for just one reason: I'm old.

this is where I wish we had lawyers on here....What does Brady/Kessler have to show to get a court to review the suspension? Does he have to show that no reasonable person could reach what the NFL did? Is bad faith (releasing and not correcting false and prejudicial information) enough?

this is where I wish we had lawyers on here....What does Brady/Kessler have to show to get a court to review the suspension? Does he have to show that no reasonable person could reach what the NFL did? Is bad faith (releasing and not correcting false and prejudicial information) enough?

I agree some expert legal advice would be good. Anyone want to get in touch with McCann at UNH and get him on here? Lol.

I'd assume a court would be able to look at the process and at that point if the science is invalid, then a "crime" did not happen. Circumstantial evidence (texts, etc) only works if there was a "crime" committed. Hence if the NFL didn't do away with the punishment then the court would make them. Also, since there was no crime based on science, then the lack of cooperation should be irrelevant as well.

We don't even know if a court or judge will hear this. It's a crap shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back