Another example of how the media ignores the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
first king
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/09/20/mmqb/5.html
d. Belichick-Ryan handshake: Mangini-esque.
It Is What It Is Bill Belichick on The Big Show

On the handshake and protocol after the game, and whether or not he spoke with Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez…
Yeah, yeah. I saw Mark and Rex after the game in the tunnel after the game was over before we got on the bus. I talked to both of them.

So you did have a conversation with them — the both of them…
With Rex, there were a lot of cameras there and everything and they were all jumping around and celebrating — as we would have been if we had won. No, I saw him after the game in the tunnel.
so much for all the media crying about stupid class just because it was not visibile to the public eye.
Samething about brady and sanchez too...

Last edited:
I don't know if there's another NFL that the media likes to dish dirt on as much as Belichick. I guess he should answer all their questions in full and talk trash about other teams. :rolleyes:

I guess he should answer all their questions in full and talk trash about other teams. :rolleyes:

And if he did, they'd trash him for being so forthcoming and for talking smack about other teams.

I don't know if there's another NFL that the media likes to dish dirt on as much as Belichick. I guess he should answer all their questions in full and talk trash about other teams. :rolleyes:

The weekend sports anchor here in Oklahoma City even managed to get in a dig while showing the highlights on Sunday night. It's nearly impossible to block out.

first king
Mark Sanchez, other young quarterbacks making their mark on NFL - Peter King - SI.com

It Is What It Is Bill Belichick on The Big Show

so much for all the media crying about stupid class just because it was not visibile to the public eye.
Samething about brady and sanchez too...

I heard that too and couldn't help, but think how EVERYTHING is so portrayed by the media that maybe this whole thing is like professional wrestling and after the game people like BB and Rex meet up in the hallway only to go have a few beers together chuckling about the whole thing.:D

If fans looking for something to gripe about (e.g, scrutinizing post-game handshakes and conversations) make enough noise, then the media will latch on to it in order to increase ratings, web hits, and sell papers. Reality is that Belichick has been painted as the villain, and NFL fans lap that up with no questions asked like a ten-year old watching the good guy versus the bad guy in pro wrestling (as mentioned above.)

Funny thing is I've seen plenty of times coaches might give 'the wave' (you know, sort of like when you see somebody you recognize but you really don't want to talk to them) - yet BB is the only person who is not only talked about in this regard, but has his handshakes disected and analyzed in minute detail.

Perhaps those complaining would prefer all NFL teams to line up single file like Little Leaguers do, and go through an NHL Stanley Cup style formal handshake process after each and every game.

Somehow I get the feeling that even if that did happen, somebody would be pausing and rewinding the video, then posting messages about who he saw that didn't make eye contact or moved through the line too quickly.

I am amused and actually like that BB is depicted as the dark lord of the NFL. We should ham it up by playing the Imperial March when the Pats take the field.

BB has become the favorite whipping boy of the media, some day take a look at how Brad Childress is viewed in Minnesota..

I am amused and actually like that BB is depicted as the dark lord of the NFL. We should ham it up by playing the Imperial March when the Pats take the field.

It is what it is. BB brings it on himself in SO many ways. I love him, and I actually love to watch his post-loss press-conferences for entertainment. But could he make them ANY MORE uncomfortable and unresponsive. He clearly wants to get the hell out of there. Its hysterical.

I can only imagine how much he hates the post-loss handshake.

The guy truly hates losing and all its artifacts.

Thank god for that.

-- FRITZ

I'm waiting for BB to use this line after a loss:

Reporter: Bill, what do you believe was the key factor in why your team came up short today?

BB: Well, we had fewer points on the scoreboard than our opponent once the clock ran out in the fourth quarter.

What the media doesn't seem to understand is that we the fans don't like them any more than they like Belichick.
The media thinks THEY are the story.
What I respect about BB is that he is consistent. He's not a phony.
The media loves two-faced phonies because that's what most of them are. :D

I'm waiting for BB to use this line after a loss:

Reporter: Bill, what do you believe was the key factor in why your team came up short today?

BB: Well, we had fewer points on the scoreboard than our opponent once the clock ran out in the fourth quarter.

He's come close a couple of times. :D

He's come close a couple of times. :D

No kidding! There are times when you just know he wanted to walk down to the reporter and smack him upside the head, or say something snarky. I give him major props for refraining from it, and getting his digs in subtley and deep.. :)

No kidding! There are times when you just know he wanted to walk down to the reporter and smack him upside the head, or say something snarky. I give him major props for refraining from it, and getting his digs in subtley and deep.. :)

I pray for a 'tell all' book after he retires. It should make for some interesting reading :D

I pray for a 'tell all' book after he retires. It should make for some interesting reading :D

You just know that there are players and coaches out there who are dreading the very thing we are hoping he writes.. :D

Well, he isn't all that polite in handshakes even when they win. It's nothing new. I'm so sick of this stupid "handshake" BS every freakin' year. It's like Groundhog Day.

BB hates the handshake. Period. What else is there to say?

I've seen coaches of other teams treat the handshake as a walk-by formality without even looking at the other guy. It's not just BB. I'd say a good percentage of the time opposing coaches aren't too fond of each other immediately after a game. Having to fight through a crowd of cameramen/reporters/players just adds insult to injury. They should shake hands BEFORE the game and leave it at that.

I think Bill oughta lay a big juicy liplock on Sean Payton after this Sunday's game...that'll get 'em talk'n!

I think Bill oughta lay a big juicy liplock on Sean Payton after this Sunday's game...that'll get 'em talk'n!

Actually Payton is the Saints' coach, not the Falcons. I can't even remember the name of their coach.

Anyway, I remember two years ago when everyone was obsessing over whether BB would shake Mangina's hand after the Pats/Jets* game in Foxboro, Mike Ditka said when he became a head coach Tom Landry didn't want to shake his hand because Ditka had once played for him, and there was one other big-name coach (maybe George Allen? I don't recall) who didn't like to shake hands at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes