Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Evil Boston team forces the NFL into action

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Fortunately, NFL HQ in New York has its eye not just on the dastardly Patriots, but on all Boston area teams, the fountain of all sports evil in today's world.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflgangs&prov=ap&type=lgns

Wow, gang related activity in the NFL? I'm glad Paul Pierce's B alerted the NFL to that possibility. Otherwise it might have completely escaped them.

2. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I mentioned the Pierce incident in yesterday's thread..not really knowing if it WAS somehow related....as I said..."Monkey see monkey do....Stern showed what an idiot he was with the Paul Pierce ridiculousness...(What Pierce did can be traced back to a high school team in Boston..taht is HARDLy anything to do with gangs...) JUST because Stern has no brains...means that BadL has to show that he's got none as well. What a stooge!"....Stern showed how out of touch with reality he was..HE knows NOTHING of the culture at all..gang related?? To me what Stern did was show how totally OUT OF TOUCH he is..with reality with what is going on..DISGRACEFUL!! But idiots like Goodell and Stern have NO business leading a sport in a culture they are clueless about. They are insulated in ivory towers and KNOW nothing....And what makes it even worse is that they do not even seek the truth of the situation...which was that it was far far from ANY gang signal.
    But don't dare explain that to a know it all Commish...these vermin will only ruin the sport they claim to wish to protect..they have LITTLE real knowledge. Pereira should stick to what he is good at..double talking his way out of officiationg mistakes..MAYBE just maybe he should concentrate on MAKING officiating a LOT better...huh?? Monekey see monkey do..pitiful!!!

3. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +195 / 3 / -2

I feel safer already. Better to crack down on this than chop blocking.

4. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Oops, I missed the other thread. Sorry.

5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,465 / 33 / -54

No Jersey Selected

Because there's so much more gang activity in Boston than anywhere else I guess. :rolleyes:

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +731 / 11 / -7

Unless you can establish Mike Shanahan's membership in MS13, it ain't happening.

7. Fixit

Ratings:
    +195 / 3 / -2

I remain suspicious.

8. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +135 / 4 / -1

Great, David Stern being a total ignorant jacka** started this. Super, so now he's screwing up more than just the NBA. It's well established by now that PP and other members of the Celts throw up that sign to rep Boston - it has nothing to do with the gangs as Stern unfairly hypothesized.

9. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I heard the full story of this once on EEI...and it was in print..but I never found a link to it...From what I understand it was a girl's team..not sure which high school..(Madison Park??) and a team picture one or two of the girls..flashed the sign in it. I guess the coach saw this wanted a do over of it. He asked them about it, learned that the sign had NOTHING to do with gangs. Now..if a coach in Boston can ask questions an dlearn about this..why can't someone like Stern?? Or is THAt asking too much?? I wish I could find a link to this story as it REALLY shows up buffoons like Stern and now the copycat idiot BadL.

10. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What's everybody in an uproar for?

All they want to do is not have gang-related signs.

What the hell could be wrong with that?

Is everyone here arguing for gang-related junk?

Unless you are willing to insist on having it, stop whining when someone wants to do away with it.

11. Fixit

Ratings:
    +195 / 3 / -2

I love this argument:

"I think it's stupid that A is wasting time and money investigating B, when C is a much more pressing issue."

"Oh, then you're totally for A!"

:rolleyes:

That's how we've somehow arrived at "anti-war = anti-troops" and "pro-choice = pro-abortion."

12. BradyManny

BradyManny Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +135 / 4 / -1

David Stern is so friggin paranoid of any aspect of the "hip hop culture" showing itself in the NBA, that he will go to absurd and illogical lengths to prevent such a connection. And in his mind, he associates gang-signs with that culture. Thus Pierce's harmless Boston shout-out gets all this attention and a huge fine. Stern is a complete jackass, and nearly every decision he makes is a crappy one.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  13. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I don't see the big deal either.

yes, it is dumb to hire a guy to look for this. It is a waste of the NFL's money... but then again, they have plenty to waste.

In the end, some dude gets to watch all the games and a few players will be annoyed by some slap on the wrist fine for alledgely using a gang symbol... it will be the equivilent of getting a fine for wearing the wrong color shoes. Annoying... yes. Petty... yes. Something to get in an uproar about.... in my opinion, no.

Having said all that, I do think that Goodall is a complete moron and that this ruling is further evidence. I really hope his tenure is short.

14. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Here - let me demonstrate the mentality we are stuck with, with regards to the higher-ups:

Interviewed in the stands on national TV after the game where Pierce allegedly used the gang-related sign, the interviewer asked the esteemed commissioner, "Exactly what is a "menacing gesture?"

Stern replied, with a straight face, "A menacing gesture is any menacing gesture a person can make!"

My only question is, where do they find these fricking geniuses?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.