PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another ESPN Spygate slip-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just now, on Sportscenter, ESPN again "accidentally" had an image of BB pop-up and some sort of text along the lines of "NFL investigating Spygate"... when they were actually talking about free agents such as Jeff Garcia.

Keep it classy, ESPN...

I saw that ....

and am not surprised....

Noticed that as well. Screen read....

NFL issues response to spy-gate controversy

With Belichick on the side.

Keep it classy BSPN!!

Thus another reason to not watch that cursed channel.....:mad::mad:

I loved ESPNews' bottomline story today: "Patriots contract with Shawn Springs for 3 years in excess of $10.3M" as if they were trying to play up the fact that the Pats signed a 33-year old to such a rich contract.

Since you hate them so much, why watch at all? Save yourself the hassle! I am ESPN-free and happy :)

I used to enjoy this channel, but then all of the sudden spygate happened, and then it was all over for me with them.. I think the only usefull people at Espn are Colin Cowherd, and even Chris Berman since he is old school.. The journalism is shoddy at best, the mike and mike duo are the worst on radio and tv.. First take was better when it was cold pizza, but now its just more blowhard material.. Clayton and Mortenson are 2 washed up dopes.. My life has been alot better since Espn is not in my life. Only watch it for Pats and celtics games and that is it.. Thank god for the nfl network, better draft coverage on there, and all around reporting.

C'mon it's fun being the villians of the NFL. No one roots for the good guys anymore. Deep down inside all NFL team's fan's is an unsatiable lust for all thing's Kraft, I mean "It is what it is".

I used to enjoy this channel, but then all of the sudden spygate happened, and then it was all over for me with them.. I think the only usefull people at Espn are Colin Cowherd, and even Chris Berman since he is old school.. The journalism is shoddy at best, the mike and mike duo are the worst on radio and tv.. First take was better when it was cold pizza, but now its just more blowhard material.. Clayton and Mortenson are 2 washed up dopes.. My life has been alot better since Espn is not in my life. Only watch it for Pats and celtics games and that is it.. Thank god for the nfl network, better draft coverage on there, and all around reporting.

It was over for me before spygate. This channel has been deterioriating for a while.

I still do put it on if there is something specific on that I want to see...some game. But other than that....I don't bother.

I am in full agreement on Mike & Mike. Terrible...at best.

I am sure that the numbers in NE reflect our disdain for the channel and that along with the very limited access provided by the Pats provides for their biased BS.

Keep it up Bill.....we are all behind you!

Just now, on Sportscenter, ESPN again "accidentally" had an image of BB pop-up and some sort of text along the lines of "NFL investigating Spygate"... when they were actually talking about free agents such as Jeff Garcia.

Keep it classy, ESPN...
So was it really an accident?
Or were they looking for people like us to comment and tune in to the next SportsCenter? Was it filed next to Garcia under G for Great Ratings? Do they keep it at the top of all photos, hoping for it to be used again?

Since you hate them so much, why watch at all? Save yourself the hassle! I am ESPN-free and happy :)
My blood pressure has been back to safe levels ever since I went espn-free.

C'mon it's fun being the villians of the NFL. No one roots for the good guys anymore. Deep down inside all NFL team's fan's is an unsatiable lust for all thing's Kraft, I mean "It is what it is".
I heard an ironically very enlightening comment from a Pittsburgh fan the other day. He said he won't hate the Pats nearly as much should the Steelers win the Super Bowl next year. In other words, all the holier-than-thou moral highground was a bunch of bs. Just as most of us suspected, all the post-spygate hatred was a smokescreen, and it really was just envy and jealousy that fueled all that talk.

I heard an ironically very enlightening comment from a Pittsburgh fan the other day. He said he won't hate the Pats nearly as much should the Steelers win the Super Bowl next year. In other words, all the holier-than-thou moral highground was a bunch of bs. Just as most of us suspected, all the post-spygate hatred was a smokescreen, and it really was just envy and jealousy that fueled all that talk.

SO, when we take them out in the playoffs again and go on to win it all next year - the haters from Armpittsburgh and the rest can start fresh??

SO, when we take them out in the playoffs again and go on to win it all next year - the haters from Armpittsburgh and the rest can start fresh??
FG, how ya' been?

Yeah, they'll probably complain about how all the refs' calls went the wrong way.

Armpittsburgh...that's a new one to me...nice

jeter's cheaters err, i mean espn's beloved yankees are all up in the news, going in front of grand juries and senate committees with stories of actual cheating by clemens and arod and petitte and giambi etc and all they can come up with is some phony headline on the spygate facade during baseball season. what about arod's hip replacement or clemens sleeping with some 15 year old country singer or andy petitte's dad supplying them with roids. why aren't they calling for asterisks by the yankee championships or asking former managers and players about it. the fact is espn is a joke.

FG, how ya' been?

Yeah, they'll probably complain about how all the refs' calls went the wrong way.

I am good jmt57, how about you?? Just trying to survive like the rest of the world. Lucky enough to be able to afford to renew season tix, so all is fne!!

Really looking forward to 2009 - is it too much to ask for a break from the injury bug for a year, we are overdue.

I really feel the way this team is coming together as of mid March (with multiple draft picks and dreams of taylor or one more FA dancing in our heads - they are a real powerhouse!!

By the way, did I ever mention how much Fespn sucks??

Last edited:
I loved ESPNews' bottomline story today: "Patriots contract with Shawn Springs for 3 years in excess of $10.3M" as if they were trying to play up the fact that the Pats signed a 33-year old to such a rich contract.

You're really being silly here. 'In excess of' is a common phrase with no implications one way or the other as to whether something is an 'excess' in and of itself.

It's like saying 'he was paid more than 10.3m' it just sounds nicer.

Legitimate gripes about ESPN are weakened by this sort of nonsensical complaints from the tinfoil hat crowd.

Yeah, ****tsburgh is the only one that I was aware of.

Yeah, that's the one I use everyday. I unfortunately have to live there. I hate that team more than any other in all of pro sports. The fans and the coach, and the sportswriters--etc. From day 1 of Brady's injury last yr they were interviewing Hines Ward, etc, who said that the SB was "now theirs to be had."

I couldn't wish for anything more than for us to knock their overrated asses out of contention, they lucked out so badly this yr by avoiding Indy,(who beat them) Tennessee, (who beat them) and Philly (who beat them)

I hate all things #$$%sburgh, and let everyone around here know, everyday. My GF and I wear our Pats gear everyday downtown in support of the greatest "team" (all around family-style team) ever, and I am too proud:)

hahahahah , i always miss those "accidental" pop-ups! Just more proof of what brains BSPN is all about

Keep it classy, ESPN...

espn is a huge waste of time, i quit watching long ago and do not miss it at all. in fact most nights i never even think about watching it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing