Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
2003. Peyton Manning leads the Colts to a division win. He throws for 4267 yards to lead the league and 29 TDs, overcoming a defense that allowed 336 points. Wins Co-MVP
2005. Tom Brady leads the Pats to a division title. Leads the league with 4110 yards and throws 26 TDs, overcoming a D that allowed 338 points.. Finishes a distant 3rd in the MVP behind Manning in 2nd.

2005 Peyton Manning leads the Colts to a 14-2 record with 3747 passing yards and 28 TDs, bouyed by a D allowing 247 points. Finishes 2nd in the MVP voting.

2003 Tom Brady leads the Pats to a 14-2 record with 3692 passing yards and 28 TDs, bouyed by a D that allowed 238 points. Doesnt get mentioned for MVP.

Someone please explain the difference to me.

AndyJohnson said:
2003. Peyton Manning leads the Colts to a division win. He throws for 4267 yards to lead the league and 29 TDs, overcoming a defense that allowed 336 points. Wins Co-MVP
2005. Tom Brady leads the Pats to a division title. Leads the league with 4110 yards and throws 26 TDs, overcoming a D that allowed 338 points.. Finishes a distant 3rd in the MVP behind Manning in 2nd.

2005 Peyton Manning leads the Colts to a 14-2 record with 3747 passing yards and 28 TDs, bouyed by a D allowing 247 points. Finishes 2nd in the MVP voting.

2003 Tom Brady leads the Pats to a 14-2 record with 3692 passing yards and 28 TDs, bouyed by a D that allowed 238 points. Doesnt get mentioned for MVP.

We are 10 and 6 this year, while the Colts are 14 and 2. That's the only excuse I can give for the voting in 2005.
I understand where you are going with the other part of your post, and I don't get it either. :confused:
Maybe you have to have both the stats and the record to back it up?

DefenseRules said:
We are 10 and 6 this year, while the Colts are 14 and 2. That's the only excuse I can give for the voting in 2005.
I understand where you are going with the other part of your post, and I don't get it either. :confused:
Maybe you have to have both the stats and the record to back it up?
But when we were 14-2, Manning won co-MVP, theoretically because he carried a poor D, and Brady got no mention. The tables are EXACTLY turned this year, and Manning still gets more consideration.

How does Manning win MVP for the same stats and defense because Bradys stats werent good enough even though his team was 14-2. Then when Manning duplicates Bradys 03, and Brady duplicates Mannings 03, Manning still gets more votes.

Which is it? Because by 2003s voting Brady should be the 2005 MVP, and by 2005s voting, he should have been the 2003 MVP?

AndyJohnson said:
But when we were 14-2, Manning won co-MVP, theoretically because he carried a poor D, and Brady got no mention. The tables are EXACTLY turned this year, and Manning still gets more consideration.

How does Manning win MVP for the same stats and defense because Bradys stats werent good enough even though his team was 14-2. Then when Manning duplicates Bradys 03, and Brady duplicates Mannings 03, Manning still gets more votes.

Which is it? Because by 2003s voting Brady should be the 2005 MVP, and by 2005s voting, he should have been the 2003 MVP?

Maybe it's going to take a while longer for Brady to get over the sixth round pick stigma. Peyton, OTOH, was second in Heisman voting, the first pick when he came out, and his stats have mostly always been better than Brady's. Like I've heard Belichick say, however, there's no quarterback I'd rather have (than Tom Brady). Screw stats.

AndyJohnson said:

When Manning has the stats, stats are what really count. When Manning doesn't have the stats, stats don't count at all. Get with the program, Andy. Just like when the Colts win it's all because of Manning, and when they lose it's somebody elses fault. When the Pats win it's a team effort, and when they (rarely) lose it's because Brady couldn't carry them (2002). It's how the football media will always perceive the matchup between #1 and #199. It is what it is....;).

No disrespect to Dieon, but I think Tom deserved the SB MVP nod again last year. After all, somebody threw that ball to Dieon, and a few other guys in that victory. As I recall it was a guy whose grandmother died, uncle was diagnosed with cancer and father was hospitalized briefly SB week, and who was hooked up to IV's the night before yet managed not to dry heave as a result. But I don't think the football media in attendance could stand the thought of Tommy going 3 for 3 in the MVP that really counts. (Heck, they really wanted to give it to TO.) He gets respect, but there will always be a system caveat for some.

MoLewisrocks said:
When Manning has the stats, stats are what really count. When Manning doesn't have the stats, stats don't count at all. Get with the program, Andy. Just like when the Colts win it's all because of Manning, and when they lose it's somebody elses fault. When the Pats win it's a team effort, and when they (rarely) lose it's because Brady couldn't carry them (2002). It's how the football media will always perceive the matchup between #1 and #199. It is what it is....;).

No disrespect to Dieon, but I think Tom deserved the SB MVP nod again last year. After all, somebody threw that ball to Dieon, and a few other guys in that victory. As I recall it was a guy whose grandmother died, uncle was diagnosed with cancer and father was hospitalized briefly SB week, and who was hooked up to IV's the night before yet managed not to dry heave as a result. But I don't think the football media in attendance could stand the thought of Tommy going 3 for 3 in the MVP that really counts. (Heck, they really wanted to give it to TO.) He gets respect, but there will always be a system caveat for some.

No doubt the reason Brady did not get SB XXXIX MVP was because he had 2 already.

AndyJohnson said:

Good question! The difference to me is the Manning Marketing Machine!

AndyJohnson said:

Please show Brady some respect:)

Brady finished 3rd in the 2003 MVP voting.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-01-02-mvp_x.htm
"New England quarterback Brady finished third with eight votes, followed by Baltimore running back Lewis, the AP Offensive Player of the Year, with five. Kansas City running back Priest Holmes got three votes, and Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis, the AP Defensive Player of the Year, received two."

Please return to your disrespect agenda.

The biggest disrespect of late is that BB only got 2 votes for coach of the year.

AndyJohnson said:
No doubt the reason Brady did not get SB XXXIX MVP was because he had 2 already.

Same thing happened to Manning this year. He led his team to 14-2 but got Alexander got the MVP. They just don't want to see any individual get 3 MVP's again.

OldColtsFan said:
Same thing happened to Manning this year. He led his team to 14-2 but got Alexander got the MVP. They just don't want to see any individual get 3 MVP's again.

Then Roethlisburger should have gotten last years since his team was 15-1.

Now go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing