PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another delicious visit to the Jets boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I just had another delicious visit to the Jets boards. Its almost sinful to gloat in their misery.

Now that Mangini has been hired by the Browns, and has acquired Rob Ryan as his DC, Jets fans are apoplectic.

It seems no one, not even their own assistant coaches are very interested in interviewing for "HC of the NYJ". They had their minds set on Cower when they were arguing to fire Ratgini who has had two of the few winning seasons in Jets history in his three seasons coaching there. They were positive that Cower just was aching to be the Jet Coach. He laughed, never even finished a preliminary interview, and called them "Dysfunctional" and they were stunned.

Then Schotsy said no. And so did Shanahan. Then they set their hearts on unknown Ravens DC, Rex Ryan and hoped that he would hire his brother Rob Ryan as DC. Nope.

Mangini and Rob Ryan are good buddies from their Patriots days and they fear that he will/is poisoning the ear of brother Rex. Meanwhile Rex will interview with the Rams Sunday. That is the only window he can use until the Ravens lose, so it will be difficult for him to visit the Jets too. They fear he is snubbing the Jest as well.

Now they think they might have been a might premature to fire Mangini!

The owner kept Tannebaum as GM who is no Prize. They are sitting at $7 million over the 2010 cap, with only 39 players signed. No QB, and a poor mid-round 1st pick in a draft with no good QBs coming out. On top of that the splurge of FA imports are all old timers, and won't be around when a new rookie QB is competent in three years.

It has only now dawned on them that Favre's last 5 games where they went 1-4, might not all be blamed on the Coach. Since he threw 0 TDs and nine picks in those games, and looked like a 40 year old is expected to look, after a long grueling season... Now Favre is in Mississsippi saying, I will think about it for a month before I decide... what I might do. The will-he or won't-he act is starting all over again. :woohoo:

As TXPatsFan keeps posting there:

"It friggin' blows to be a Jets Fan...":deadhorse:

Last edited:
Re: Another delcious vist to the Jets Boards...

ouch...man...i really hate smiling at ur post...but i just cant help it...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS......

lol sounds like a deflating balloon

I just had another delicious visit to the Jets boards. Its almost sinful to gloat in their misery.

Now that Mangini has been hired by the Browns, and has acquired Rob Ryan as his DC, Jets fans are apoplectic.

It seems no one, not even their own assistant coaches are very interested in interviewing for "HC of the NYJ". They had their minds set on Cower when they were arguing to fire Ratgini who has had two of the few winning seasons in Jets history in his three seasons coaching there. They were positive that Cower just was aching to be the Jet Coach. He laughed, never even finished a preliminary interview, and called them "Dysfunctional" and they were stunned.

Then Schotsy said no. And so did Shanahan. Then they set their hearts on unknown Ravens DC, Rex Ryan and hoped that he would hire his brother Rob Ryan as DC. Nope.

Mangini and Rob Ryan are good buddies from their Patriots days and they fear that he will/is poisoning the ear of brother Rex. Meanwhile Rex will interview with the Rams Sunday. That is the only window he can use until the Ravens lose, so it will be difficult for him to visit the Jets too. They fear he is snubbing the Jest as well.

The owner kept Tannebaum as GM who is no Prize. They are sitting at $7 million over the 2010 cap, with only 39 players signed. No QB, and a poor mid-round 1st pick in a draft with no good QBs coming out. On top of that the splurge of FA imports are all old timers, and won't be around when a new rookie QB is competent in three years.

It has only now dawned on them that Favre's last 5 games where they went 1-4, might not all be blamed on the Coach. Since he threw 0 TDs and nine picks in those games, and looked like a 40 year old is expected to look, after a long grueling season... Now Favre is in Mississsippi saying, I will think about it for a month before I decide... what I might do. The will-he or won't-he act is starting all over again. :woohoo:

Good summary of a slow-motion train wreck. ;) Lending to the lunacy is Tannenbaum reportedly TELLING Favre to take his time on a decision. So it appears that the Green Beans brass wants him back. It looks like young Schottenheimer, the current OC, now has the inside track for the HC job. (He was out of sync with Favre all season.) One hopeful upside is that Patriots-at-Green Beans in the new Meadowlands stadium will be cheap and plentiful next season.

Tannembaum and 'Woody" Johnson, the gifts that keep on giving.
It's amazing how the Border War starting hot in Jan 1997 has turned into an utter rout. Sure, now and again the Jets win a skirmish, but clearly and unequivocally they've been trounced, and soundly. I love the posters who curse their fathers for bringing them up as Jets fans. Too funny.

Good summary of a slow-motion train wreck. ;) Lending to the lunacy is Tannenbaum reportedly TELLING Favre to take his time on a decision. So it appears that the Green Beans brass wants him back. It looks like young Schottenheimer, the current OC, now has the inside track for the HC job. (He was out of sync with Favre all season.) One hopeful upside is that Patriots-at-Green Beans in the new Meadowlands stadium will be cheap and plentiful next season.

Tanny is a Grade A ass kisser to owner Johnson. Johnson wants to sell PSLs. Sees Lord Favre, idol of the NY/Conn ESPN, as THE attraction needed to sell expensive PSLs. Consider 2 Ws against the Jets next season as a LOCK.

Last edited:

You know, a good Christian ought not to revel in the misery of others, but since I'm not a Christian... :)

Seriously, the JESTS are the gift that keeps on giving, and I truly find it hard not to take some small satisfaction in watching them implode.

It reminds me of Scene 14 from Monty Python's Holy Grail movie, where the local king is telling his son what he's going to inherit:

"Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest castle in these islands."

That right there is the JESTS in a nutshell... trying to build a castle in a swamp. :rofl:

...just reaping what they've sown...

Some good quotes from a Jet's fan quitting thread.

you'll be back...we're all screwed, we can't leave
38786-6.gif
If I stop being a Jets fan, they'll win the Super Bowl, so I'm not going anywhere.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT ANYTIME YOU LIKE, BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE!!!

Tannembaum and 'Woody" Johnson, the gifts that keep on giving.
It's amazing how the Border War starting hot in Jan 1997 has turned into an utter rout. Sure, now and again the Jets win a skirmish, but clearly and unequivocally they've been trounced, and soundly. I love the posters who curse their fathers for bringing them up as Jets fans. Too funny.

Aah, the Border War years on Usenet. Good memories!! It's nice to see Sar1 still posting his usual schtick, mainly pissing off fellow Jets fans. Good times.

Aah, the Border War years on Usenet. Good memories!! It's nice to see Sar1 still posting his usual schtick, mainly pissing off fellow Jets fans. Good times.

SAR, a blast from the past! The Master of Negative Attention!
Glad someone else remembers. I was [email protected] back then.

After reading those posts on Johnson's ex-wife, we might want to do the humanitarian thing and make those guys honorary Pats fans.

The animal cruelty comment is priceless.

In fairness to Mangini (not that he deserves it), the word on the street is Brian Daboll will be Mangini's OC. Daboll is a Patriots defector to the Jets' coaching staff last year. So Daboll will be a former Jets assistant who will follow Mangini.

Not surprising that Schottenheimer would follow him since he is the odds on favorite to be the next HC of the NYJ.

I hear the Jets fans are now calling Mangini the Penguin.

He does remind me of the Penguin from Batman.

I hear the Jets fans are now calling Mangini the Penguin.

He does remind me of the Penguin from Batman.

Someone used to have an avatar with Mangini in a green top hat, and a monocle, it was great.

mangini.jpg

Laverneous Coles nicknamed him penguin.

Last edited:
There hasn't been much this week on the Jets boards, but another delicious stupidity is that the Jets fans discovered that the Jets may not be able to cut Favre if they wanted to do so. That may be the reason that the front office is courting him to come back, so assiduously.

Apparently they accepted a clause in their trade with Green Bay that if Favre signed with a NFCN team in the three years after the trade the Jets would owe GB three #1 picks. So if Favre were cut, all he had to do is sign for a day with the Lions, Vikes or Bears and GB would collect. They even added a no-trade to team X and then a trade to an NFCN subterfuge as an excuse.

You may ask why would the opposition help GB, but some one pointed out that GB could say I'll give you one of the Jets #1s if you sign Favre and any of them might do it, for the pick. There is no play provision or how long Favre would have to stay on the roster either. If he is truly cooked, they could cut him the the next day. The Jets would still be on the hook, for their next three #1 draft picks.:steamed:

There is apparently a record that is important to Brett. Two more games and he would be the longest consecutive active player on a roster in the history of the NFL. He might just do it, sign again, to make that record. :scream:

My Lord, how could any franchise dream up such an impossible quandary to allow themselves to be in? Can anyone be that stupid?!? :pigsfly:

Whats funny is that some of the jets fans want to trade up and draft a QB early. The jets are over the cap and now they want to trade up and land a expensive 1st round draft pick.

my lord, how could any franchise dream up such an impossible quandary to allow themselves to be in? Can anyone be that stupid?!? :pigsfly:
rotflmfao...

There hasn't been much this week on the Jets boards, but another delicious stupidity is that the Jets fans discovered that the Jets may not be able to cut Favre if they wanted to do so. That may be the reason that the front office is courting him to come back, so assiduously.

Apparently they accepted a clause in their trade with Green Bay that if Favre signed with a NFCN team in the three years after the trade the Jets would owe GB three #1 picks. So if Favre were cut, all he had to do is sign for a day with the Lions, Vikes or Bears and GB would collect. They even added a no-trade to team X and then a trade to an NFCN subterfuge as an excuse.

I do not believe that that clause exists, at least as decsribed. Perhaps there was a penalty in effect for last season but I believe its expired.

Woody simply wants to sell PSLs. Favre is an icon and focus of the NY centric media. Having Favre sells PSLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes