PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7400782

Pro Bowler No. 1: "Brady. He plays with his personnel better than anybody in the league."

Pro Bowler No. 2: "Brady. I have faced both of these guys, but I take Brady because he's done it year in and year out with different receivers each time. He gets it done regardless. As a player he's driven me crazier. It doesn't matter who he has to do it with, he always seems to find the guys wide open."

These articles are dumb. You can't go wrong with either guy, and it's one of the most annoying things on tv when some geeky announcer starts drueling over himself as he asks the ex-jocks who they would take and forces them to choose one or the other.

Now that Manning has been demonstrated to be the obviously inferior QB;

Now that is obvious that his numbers advantage is the result of:

1. Playing with superior receivers and
2. Playing in a dome

Now you are suddenly tired of the comparisons?

For years people have been saying that Manning is better than Brady. You are going to have to sit through at least a year of people going the other way before Brady becomes the consensus choice and the comparisons stop.

Don't fight it. Learn to enjoy all those pictures of Brady hitting Moss deep.

The only question that needs to be answered is: if you had crap receivers, no running game and were on the road in the playoffs, which one of these guys would you pick?

I think you'd have to go with Brady - he did it in San Diego. Manning? He's always had a good RB and a couple of good wideouts on the field. This is the only year (aside from '04) that I can remember Brady having those kind of weapons - and you see what is happening :)

Now that Manning has been demonstrated to be the obviously inferior QB;

Now that is obvious that his numbers advantage is the result of:

1. Playing with superior receivers and
2. Playing in a dome

Now you are suddenly tired of the comparisons?

For years people have been saying that Manning is better than Brady. You are going to have to sit through at least a year of people going the other way before Brady becomes the consensus choice and the comparisons stop.

Don't fight it. Learn to enjoy all those pictures of Brady hitting Moss deep.

Well, according to the experts on the show Who Is..., on the NFLN, Peyton is better. In 7 of the 10 categories the "experts" judged the two on, Peyton was deemed better.

Or do those "experts" not count?

what a dyam nitwit...your Peytie has ONE in his WHOLE career...with the Edge, Harrison and Wayne in their primes. He choked so bad over and over Polian had the rules changed FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS. Get a lobotomy.

Well, according to the experts on the show Who Is..., on the NFLN, Peyton is better. In 7 of the 10 categories the "experts" judged the two on, Peyton was deemed better.

Or do those "experts" not count?

'Experts' like Marshall Faulk, the certified Patriot hater? Jim Mora, the former Colts coach?

I am telling you. Brady can win 19 games this year, break every record in the book, win the Super bowl and there will still be morons saying Manning is better.

Wowwee-Wow! It's almost like those folks know football. The WR comparison is beyond ******ed. Do any of those folks realize that Dallas Clark is a TE? How is that so hard to miss.

Try this comparison instead; Moss, Stallworth, Welker versus Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez. Moss > Wayne, Harrison > Stallworth, Welker >>> Gonzalez. Edge Pats

Seymour vs Freeney just makes me shake my head. Freeney is a better pass rusher, but that's it. Seymour can consistently collapse the pocket (so our LBs, by design, can grab the sacks)...oh yeah, he also stops the run a wee bit better. (And by wee bit, I mean way better.)

For sh!ts and giggles, here's my unit by unit comparison.
QB- I'll call it even, but I prefer Brady.
edge even

RB- Addai > Maroney, Faulk >> Keith,
edge pats

WR- from above
edge pats

TE- Clark > Watson, Brady > Utech
edge even

OL- eh, who can ever really tell but the coaches? I know I have no idea. I'll be kind and go Colts>Pats
edge: colts

DL- Pats >> Colts (please, minature speed edge rushers just don't cut it compared to the Pats line)
edge pats

LB- Vrabel, Thomas, Colvin, Seau, Bruschi versus Brackett, Boiman, Keiaho, Hagler (who?). This is probably the biggest mismatch there is Pats >>> Colts edge:pats

DB- B.Sanders > harrison, Samuel >> Jackson, Hobbs > Hayden, Wilson=Bethea, Gay/Merriweather/Sanders >>> whoever the hell the colts have on the bench.
edge pats

ST: Pats return better, cover better and both kickers have missed 1 fg.
edge pats

Pats-6, Colts-1, Even-2

Oh yeah,almost forgot coaches. Hmmm...let's see 5 time superbowl winner as coach or coordinator, defensive game plans in the hall of fame, versus 1 superbowl and a really, really, really swell guy who has no problem living a public life of false moral superiority.
edge pats

(and let's get serious here for a minute, this isn't even remotely close. Tom Moore and Peyton Manning coach the offense all by themselves and their O is the sole reason they've won consistenylTony has only had his D perform to top 10 standards over the last 10-12 games since he's been in Indy, except for when they played the Pats in the AFCCG. And if you check out the stats that others are posting about the colts actually giving up more points than their opposition usually scores, one might argue he STILL doesn't have his D performing up to top 10 standards.)

Pats-7, Colts-1, even-2

Sorry colts' fans, the Pats are at full strength this time,Pats by 2-3 TDs.

Oh yeah,almost forgot coaches. Hmmm...let's see 5 time superbowl winner as coach or coordinator, defensive game plans in the hall of fame, versus 1 superbowl and a really, really, really swell guy who has no problem living a public life of false moral superiority.
edge pats

:rofl:

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey