PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another can't miss clip - BB gives his team a history lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Belichick, Patriots visit Jim Brown statue

I don't think ANY other team in the league would do what BB did for his team AFTER the game.

I posted it because it just shows how much BB is a historian of the game, and how he thinks of his team as students that he has an OBLIGATION to teach. And when a teacher gets an opportunity to teach his class something important he doesn't miss it.

NO WHERE ELSE, my friends, no where else. Enjoy

The history of football is a BIG THING with BB. What's ironic are the disparaging remarks about Brown offered up by Browns board posters

Jim Brown is the football GOAT. Brady is the QB GOAT. But NOBODY ever dominated a position or a game as much as Brown. BB's right- Brown is still the greatest football player of all time.

Belichick's relationship with Brown goes back a long way. In the early 2000s Brown did lots of work in Cleveland to help reform gang members and curb inner-city violence.

In an interview in SI's "The Vault", April 15, 2002, Brown said this about BB:

"Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surrounded myself with than any black athlete in modern times-financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home, he's met gang members in Cleveland. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing.".​

Interesting.

That right there is cool. It probably meant a lot for BB to do that at that moment. Spirits and morale was up after a big win and they were in Cleveland, so why not? I especially love this:

20161011_163128-min.png

It had to mean a lot for LGB to see one of his idols immortalized. I'm sure he aspires to become as great as he was one day too.

Belichick's relationship with Brown goes back a long way. In the early 2000s Brown did lots of work in Cleveland to help reform gang members and curb inner-city violence. In an interview in SI's "The Vault", April 15, 2002, Brown said this about BB: "Let me tell you about someone I do admire. Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has contributed more to the work I surrounded myself with than any black athlete in modern times-financially, intellectually, every way. He's been in prisons with me. He's met gang members in my home, he's met gang members in Cleveland. He's put up money. He's opened up areas of education for us very quietly and very strongly. Imagine what would happen if Michael Jordan did the same thing.". Interesting.

I use this quote frequently when dealing with the BB haters. Pretty effective on a regular basis.

Brown might be the greatest athlete of all time. He won 16 varsity letters at Syracuse (Football, Basketball, Track, Lacrosse). It is said he was unbeatable as a lacrosse face off man. In Cleveland, everyone knew he was gong to get the ball and they still couldn't stop him.

He also saw the greed of the owners and the toll his body was taking and left the game at 29 to pursue his career in Hollywood.

It just shows BB respect for the game, and the man.

The history of football is a BIG THING with BB. What's ironic are the disparaging remarks about Brown offered up by Browns board posters
It really is a shame. How about the disparaging remarks about BB and TB . Truly, two ambassadors of the current sport. And nobody cares about that. The new generation are spoiled, "give me now", win or you suck , jealous ass hats. It's a shame, we are witnessing the end of that era. The Pats, in time will be remembered as one the best. BB is among all of those greats. And I believe that is his goal in life, to be remembered among the greats. After him, it's watered down, half assed, look what I've cried about, not earned. (Harbaugh) types.

Jim Brown was the first player that I rooted for as a kid. We were being fed Giants games on the boob tube at the time and the first time I saw him play (in black and white of course) I became a Browns fan.

It really is a shame. How about the disparaging remarks about BB and TB . Truly, two ambassadors of the current sport. And nobody cares about that. The new generation are spoiled, "give me now", win or you suck , jealous ass hats. It's a shame, we are witnessing the end of that era. The Pats, in time will be remembered as one the best. BB is among all of those greats. And I believe that is his goal in life, to be remembered among the greats. After him, it's watered down, half assed, look what I've cried about, not earned. (Harbaugh) types.
I think it's a simple matter of how far we allow the media to go in attempting to legitimize total nonsense...to the extent that we're successful, it will be a breath of fresh air in the unfortunately accurate description you give of contemporary popular sports culture.

Too bad Bill Maher is a Giants fan...he could drop politics altogether, and get all his material from the NYJFL...slipping in a deserved jab or two at Kraft.

For those of you who didn't get to see him, Jim would wait at the bottom as the players unpiled from on top of him, slowly get up like a guy my age, barely make it into the backfield in time to line up for the next play, then take the handoff and just demolish anyone/anything in his way-again.

That right there is cool. It probably meant a lot for BB to do that at that moment. Spirits and morale was up after a big win and they were in Cleveland, so why not? I especially love this:

View attachment 14454

It had to mean a lot for LGB to see one of his idols immortalized. I'm sure he aspires to become as great as he was one day too.
His play the first few weeks of the season was, dare I say, very Jim Brown-like. He's slowed down the past two weeks. Here's to Blount continuing to prove the doubters, myself included, wrong.

Awesome! I love this team and I love its coach.
I also enjoyed the clip of the locker room after the win.
They acknowledged the good job they did but their minds are already moving on to Cincinnati!

The spring after BB was hired he and Jim Brown came to my place of work for Brown's Amer-I-Can program.. I met Bill, however I thought he was just another JAG Coach, he was quite unassuming in that famous green suit.

I wound getting a pix of me and #32, which I cherish.. I missed the BB photograph though.

I had Brown sign a football for me, but gave it away to a relative who is currently a Brown's fan..

I remember Brown saying, in his speech; "If Michael Jordan did as much for the world as BB does, the world would be a much better place." High, deserving praise for BB..

Last edited:
These clips are just priceless!!!!

Great football player indeed, but don't know if I agree that Jim Brown was a great person.

Beating women like they're pinatas automatically disqualifies you as a great person IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back