PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another call missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
sorry if this has been mentioned before..i saw the highlights..after the watson call..anyone see reed take his helmet out and throw ..isnt it a another 15yarder ?i doesnt matter now but just illustrates how poorly coached the ravens are in terms of discipline.

Re: another call missed ?

I think that's right, if the player throws his helmet while on the field its a 15 yarder.

And I agree, TERRIBLE display of discipline by the Ravens. Players get upset during games all the time, but the Ravens looked like a team of 10 year old Pop Warner kids throwing a tantrum after they just lost the state championship.

sorry if this has been mentioned before..i saw the highlights..after the watson call..anyone see reed take his helmet out and throw ..isnt it a another 15yarder ?i doesnt matter now but just illustrates how poorly coached the ravens are in terms of discipline.

I said that in the chat room. It's rarely called... in fact, the only time I remember it being called was against... Duane Clemons, I think? on the Browns a number of years ago when it actually changed the outcome of the game.

I've seen it called on more than one occassion. Gotti should have been kicking from the 20.

I've seen it called on more than one occassion. Gotti should have been kicking from the 20.

it was before the TD so the ball wouldve been on the 2 yard line.

I said that in the chat room. It's rarely called... in fact, the only time I remember it being called was against... Duane Clemons, I think? on the Browns a number of years ago when it actually changed the outcome of the game.

Wasn't Reed still in the field, and he bounced his helmet off the field? All I know is you're no longer allowed to take your helmet off on the field while the game is going on, and I've seen multiple players get penalized just for taking their helmet off. Usually when I've seen guys slam their helmet off the ground it's been penalized, but for the most part player aren't doing this so much any more because of said penalty.

Last edited:

Wasn't Reed still in the field, and he bounced his helmet off the field? All I know is you're no longer allowed to take your helmet off on the field while the game is going on, and I've seen multiple players get penalized just for taking their helmet off. Usually when I've seen guys slam their helmet off the ground it's been penalized, but for the most part player aren't doing this so much any more because of said penalty.

Yes. It should've been a penalty, and I pointed it out in chat. But I haven't seen anyone penalized for it in ages. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games.

Yes. It should've been a penalty, and I pointed it out in chat. But I haven't seen anyone penalized for it in ages. Maybe I'm just watching the wrong games.

I can't remember what game, but I think I witnessed someone get penalized for spiking their helmet at least once last year. It's not called all that often anymore, but players aren't doing it as often anymore either.

What does one expect when Ray Lewis is running the locker room, discipline is not his strong suit.

there were many calls that the refs completely just let go. brady was quite pissed about it, but at least they made some of the right calls at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes