Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Bush buddy betrays him

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

http://www.metimes.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20070328-083228-3225r

RIYADH -- Saudi King Abdullah, whose country is a close US ally, slammed Wednesday the "illegitimate foreign occupation" of Iraq in an opening speech to the annual Arab summit in Riyadh.

Arab leaders have kicked off the two-day summit in the Saudi capital aiming to revive a dormant plan for peace with Israel and launch a diplomatic offensive to resolve the Middle East conflict.

"In beloved Iraq, blood is being shed among brothers in the shadow of an illegitimate foreign occupation, and ugly sectarianism threatens civil war," Abdullah said.

He also said that Arab nations, which are planning to revive a five-year-old Middle East peace plan at the summit, would not allow any foreign force to decide the future of the region.
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So an Arabian leader, in a conference with other Arabian leaders, was critical of the United States' policy in Iraq..?

Yeah, that's really groundbreaking news there :rolleyes:
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I guess king Abdullah is no longer a loyal "Bushie"...

Jeeeeez.....he lost the saudis?.....does anyone still like our president?
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I do, and you know what?? When this is all over, there are going to be statues and plaques of GWBush in Iraq, just as there were of MacArthur in Japan in the 1950s. Wait and see.

//
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

are you for real?

show me the Harry Truman statue in Nagasaki....

lets put a timetable and a genteman's bet on this...I'm 100% down.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

That kind of "buddy" with the Saudi's is not anything new. They've been two-faced for years.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Leaders are judged by how many statues someone wants to build for them? Salem has a statute of Samantha from Bewitched.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"I never let a statue tell me how nice I am."
    -Phife Dog from a Tribe called quest
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

WOW!
    WOW!
    and...WOW! :eat1: :rofl:
  10. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

THE SCARY PART OF THAT STATEMENT IS...YOU ARE SERIOUS :rofl:
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

They ought to be thankful they still have a throne and a country. If we had a President with any sack and sense of justice, there would be no king of Saudi Arabia today. There would be a US military occupation of that evil, god-forsaken pile of sand (covering oil) until all those responsible for WTC were captured or killed.

But we all know the deal. They really love our money...I mean...our country...and they and the traitor POS CIC have an arrangement to allow these comments to go on without any serious retribution. If the Iranians or the Syrians had said this, we would have had Tony Snow's stand-in saying these comments reflect an anti-American sentiment and constitute a direct and imminent threat to the security of the United States. It's all a show fakrissakes.
  12. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

Who was (and I'm asking Pujo cuz I know it wasn't you) the dude in here who once told me a leader is great cuz/if he has big crowds when he speaks?

Hmmmmmmm.....dang I can't remember.
  13. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

ATCQ was phat. My personal fav:

(Turn up your base a tad first :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8qzrckyYU4
  14. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

If that's Koolade in those mugs, can I have one? :eek:
  15. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

There is, nor was, any way, that any man, not George Washington if he were president on that day, would have gone and invaded Saudi Arabia. Just was never going to happen. What you spoke of, invading Saudi Arabia, is exactly why Iraq was invaded. Iraq was the easy sell of all the countries in the ME, and still served ultimate purpose, geopolitical change in the ME. It is by no accident that regime change has been a stated goal of our country since the 90's. If you think people resent our invading Iraq, imagine what the global opinion would have been if we invaded Saudi Arabia.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Beats me, but it's a stupid thing to say.
  17. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

Dang I'll have to try to search that.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Disagree...
    We could have done ANYTHING within the first couple months. No one would have been surprised and no one would have fu-ked with us at that time. I remember the mood where I live as "fit to be tied". I really thought the response was going to be much swifter and freakier.
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:D

Geo W Bush is certainly no Harry Truman, a man who thought half a job was better than none. By giving up half of Korea, Truman allowed the Cold War to take off; if he had allowed MacArthur to bomb "the other half" of the Yalu River bridge -- instead of playing footsie and giving legal rights to a China who showed zero respect for the legal rights of Koreans -- then the U.S. could have stopped the Chinese communists from getting involved in the Korean war, and there might be a correlation. As it stands now, there is none.

The big difference between Bush and Truman is that Bush will not negotiate away half or any part of the Iraqi peoples' rights to have a freely elected government. Truman thought he could work with the communists, and he was proven wrong. Bush knows there is no way to work with terrorists and other dictatorial despots, and he is dealing with them appropriately.

As for Nagasaki: you would have preferred a U.S. land invasion of Japan???? Had that ever occurred a hundred times more people would have died as who died at Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Here, have a cup of coffee !

//
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nice to see I got your and everybody's attention, o ye of little faith. ;)

But you know someone has made a good impression when the people of a foreign country build a statue for that someone, as they did in Japan after Douglas MacArthur defeated the militaristic government and liberated that nation from a losing cause of using force to change the world, by invading all of Asia and attacking the U.S at Pearl.

And, yes, Geo W. Bush will definitely be commemorated in a positive and grateful way by the people of Iraq. Just because the news media have been focusing only on the negatives -- after all, news *IS* a "business" and nothing sells better than bad news -- does not in any way indicate what is really happening on the ground in Iraq or on the street of the Muslim world. This commitment by Bush and Company has made Muslims around the world stop and pay attention to their own possibilities in ways they have not done before, ever.

And THAT you *can* take to the bank.

//