Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Bubble created by federal Gov't!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Aug 12, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

We now know...and EVERYONE agrees that "Bubbles" are the cause of the deep recession we are now in. That being said, there is evidence that current gov't programs have over-inflated the stock markets (again!) and we may be in for another big fall.

Ask yourselves why & how AIG's stock could possibly be so high when they are barely surviving on gov't bailout money. The business/investment community has seemingly jumped for joy over the "perception" that we have escaped a depression.

Greed still simmers world-wide and the lack of patience in dumping money back in stocks is a reflection of that greed.

There is a better explanation of what's causing the latest stock bubble on CNN/Money.

Stocks: The latest Fed bubble - Aug. 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The problem is you can get 50 qualified experts and get 50 very varied answers. I am SO tempted to move all my 401K to a nice, safe, low risk, low reward place and "start over" in the stock market with a secure piece and put all new money in the market. But you hate to lose the next big jump too. As Shmessy likes to say, it's best to allocate it correctly and just leave it but with the losses we've all had it's tempting to try to wait it out.

Anyway, you can find experts saying this is just a bear market rally and you can find experts saying we'll be back to 14K within two years.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

You're right, experts don't often agree when it comes to economics. But the facts we know are that the financial industry is still very weak, housing is still in a deep slump and consumer spending remains at record declines. These are the 3 biggest causes of this recession.

I think we are once again experiencing irrational exuberance. There is no rational reason to believe that the markets will get back to their all-time highs within 2 years.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I agree with you but this guy :

CNBC Stock Blog ? Investor Sees Dow 14,000 in 18 Months ? CNBC.com Market News - CNBC Stock Blog - CNBC.com

"Riley said he is targeting 14,000 on the Dow in the next 18 months. He recommended the following sectors for investors."

Sees 14K within 18 months. So who knows.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

Hey, irrational exhuberance can last a long time...maybe even all the way to 14,000!

But for our economy to truly begin to recover, the problems MUST be solved first. The only way to a healthy economy is for a solid foundation to be in place. Right now we don't even have a foundation to build upon.

But, hey...who knows BF. Recovery "could" be just around the corner. If it is, I'll be very skeptical. I'd rather see the causal issues worked out first.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

Haven't seen a post from you in a while. Is work keeping you busy enough? BTW...When is your wedding date?:D
  8. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Fixed it for you;)

Just wait and see you twit, things are going to get a lot better and your gonna have a big plate of crow to eat.......
  9. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I take offense at that and don't believe that is something that should be joked about(brother is a crack addict, hits a nerve) :mad:

He's been drinking too much cool aid or been hanging out in too high of an altitude...unrealistic projections there. :cool:
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

You haven't seen me around much, cuz I got married in July, and just got back from the honeymoon Monday night.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Hey, I hope you're right you twat ;), cuz a troubled economy isn't good for business. Cyclically speaking, the situation will eventually improve. The problem I see, is the massive debt, and eventual problem with inflation. My guess, and I'm no economist by any stretch, is that we're going to see stagnant growth long term. We might have a good GDP figure in some quarters, but overall, we're not likely to see the growth we'd like. Real Estate takes years to recover, just like employment does. The massive debt will require a booming economy (the more dollars that fluctuate, the more tax "revenue" the gubmit steals, ahem, I mean aquires). If we don't get one, we'll be looking at tax increases. Increases that may not be avoidable either way. Again though, I truly do hope that I am wrong, since I have empty commercial space for the first time in a decade.

Sorry bro. I'll try to remember not to use that line.
  12. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No biggie...:cool:
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

Congratulations!....on the end of your sex life!;)

I really do wish you both the best RW!
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 2 / -10

My mother is an alcoholic but it doesn't bother me when I hear someone call another a drunk or lush. One has nothing to do with the other.

I'm a recovering addict & alcoholic myself, so I'm not speaking out of turn when I say that you need to get used to hearing such terms. It is not offensive to discuss crack heads.

I hope your brother gets the help he needs.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Dude, the sex aspect is the hardest thing to come to grips with. Watching all the hotties on the cruise, in Greece, in Rome, etc. was doubly depressing. First off, you can't have them, and second, you can't have them EVER again. [​IMG]
  16. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I bet you where the smartest kid in your class uh? lol:rolleyes:

Of course it will, your preaching to the choir sir;)

We have has this problem for years now, where have you been? did you think it just started last night? where was the right-wing when we needed them? they where drunk on power and acting the fool.

Now after your spent like a drunken salor and got us into a costly war(money and lives) you all of a sudden want to do the right thing? all of a sudden you don't want to spend anymore? *middle finger*

Lead by example, or don't lead at all.........

As for the rest of the stuff you wrote, like you said "I'm no economist by any stretch" your opinion on the other stuff is mute.