Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It seems Disney's stock price is "racing" downward because of BSPN's cord cutting (Karma) issues. :D

Ca226YqWAAAbLKM.jpg

I apologize for the "race" baiting but in light of recent threads I thought it would lighten the mood. Despite our disagreements we are all brothers.

Jerry discusses the latest reports of the drag BSPN has put on Disney stock in typical, yet humorous, Jerry fashion.

Report: ESPN’s failure is dragging down Disney (<< Link)

I take a back seat to no man when it comes to being bullish on our nation’s financial picture, supporting our free market economy and championing our working men and women. So you’ll have to forgive me for what I’m about to say.

Bwhahahaha!

Original Yahoo Tweet here.

Yahoo FinanceVerified account‏@YahooFinance
Watch: Disney shares sink as lower ESPN profit overshadows 'Star Wars' - we discuss: http://yhoo.it/1XiewPS

Ca226YqWAAAbLKM.jpg

I think Disney stock is collapsing because Chris Berman has a 80" belly but no ass. Below is a svelter Berman ...but.....today at Pebble Beach....OMFG. It was disturbing....sell Mortimer ....sell

I think the first of their many Star Wars movies has made enough money for Disney to keep the company afloat for a little while :rolleyes:

I think the first of their many Star Wars movies has made enough money for Disney to keep the company afloat for a little while :rolleyes:

Disney and BSPN are not going out of business anytime soon but it is nice from a Karma perspective to read that they are losing money because of cord cutting which will eventually translate into BSPN losing ground to other sports networks.

From Bloomberg - ESPN Viewer Losses Add to Angst for Disney's Big Profit Engine

With fewer customers, Disney will earn less from pay-TV partners such as Comcast Corp. and Dish Network, which pay fees to carry channels based on subscriber numbers. Wells Fargo Securities analyst Marci Ryvicker, in a note Friday, calculated that the loss in subscribers in Disney’s sports networks cost the company $700 million in fee revenue and $200 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back