PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Breakdown of the Pats Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
That's odd. I could have sworn that Brady had his best year statiscially as a pro in 2005... and that it was the running game that was a bit off last year.

And this year, the running game is working particularly well with Dillaroney, whereas the passing game is "a bit off" now.

Taken together that makes for comparable overall stats between 2005 and 2006.

The difference is that seemingly its ok to say the running game was off but not ok to suggest the passing game or play calling is off.

But just imagine what a juggernaut this offense would be if BOTH the air and ground game were at their best!

Brady had his most abundant year statisitcally, not his greatest IMO. I don't necessarily blame him for it because he had an injury that knocked another QB out for the season, but he was off on many of his passes last year. I can probably think of about a dozen right off the top of my head. You know what, here goes:

1), 2) Brady missed Andre Davis on two long plays vs. NO last year

3) Same game, even worse, Branch was wide open in the middle of the field and he was overthrown.

4,) 5) Two of Brady's ints in the KC game was clear overthrows of open WRs.

7) Brady missed a wide open Brown in the EZ vs. Denver in the playoffs game last year

8) Same game, he overthrew an open Branch at the 3 yard line that would have been a TD.

I guess I couldn't get a dozen, but I know that there were plenty more. Nearly all of them were overthrows, which, again, leads me to believe that the hernia hampered his mechanics a little. But Brady's "best" season was more a result of the horendous run game than any real dominance on his part.

I think he is the best QB in the game, but I thought he was more impressive at the end of 2003 and in 2004 than at any time last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back